ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone passed MOT with de-cat’d Williams

Ive got a scorpion de-cat on my williams 3 - whats tha chances of it scraping throught he emissions test? (aside from the fact its post 1992 and should have one)

Ive heard from my mechanic thats various sprty cars he has had sail through the MOT without the cat

Quote: Originally posted by 16v - 2.0 on 29 February 2004

Ive got a scorpion de-cat on my williams 3 - whats tha chances of it scraping throught he emissions test? (aside from the fact its post 1992 and should have one)

Ive heard from my mechanic thats various sprty cars he has had sail through the MOT without the cat
Good question mate,

I know a de-cat is basically a piece of piping but do they perform differently - i.e. BBPT compared to K-tecs?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

different makes of decat wont cause different emissions output when compared to each other as they are all just basically a straight through pipe.

my scorpion is a silenced pipe (or very small box - about 3" diameter)

Will try and get a mate to ru the emissions test on it prior to parting with £30!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

my old valver had full magnex inc decat and always passed the mot, i did know the mot tester at the garage though;)

Ive read posts before where people have passed there MOT with decats (92s and above) so its prob worth a try. Its not as if its a major job if it fails anyway.

Give it a go.

Not a Clio

its having to have it retested though if it fails that would be annoying well if youre as busy as i am it would.

im after a decat and intend putting cat on before mots just to save time if it fails without cat.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

they pass lambda oddly enough but are almost always just outside the CO max... really damn close....

190 BHP Willy 2

Regardless of wether it passes the emissions test or not. I thought if the car was registered after sept 93 it had to have a cat in place to pass a M.O.T.