ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone runnin’ without their spare

For extra speed and all that?

Ive taken mine out also for trying to track down what the feck is the orrible metallic clunk i get from the passenger side when on full lock and pulling away - anyone know what that is also??

Cheers, Si.

Yep - Ive got a Cup - Beware the aerosols are sh*t should you get a puncture!!!!

I had clunking on nearly full lock and they tightened the rack and its been fine ever since. (Mine was a nasty cracking noise)

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Yeah, im running without a spare. Been to wales, Blackpool, rallying all over :D

What you lot going to do if you get a puncture then?

I didnt have one in my old car and when I got a puncture the AA wouldnt tow me home :(

Gay Clio 172 phs1

lol gutted. Ill cross that bridge when i come to it. Sure the Mrs will come and rescue me though :D

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 05 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 05 February 2004

I am because some c**t nicked it!
It was probably the local Triad Gang! All one of them!
cheeky fecker! ;)

oh and id cal the AA, i dont use em 4 nething else, might as well makke use of the membership.

williams 2 turbo

havent had a spare for 2 years, up to this point never needed one, thats what the rac is for aint it. p.s. if you do get a flat get the mrs to phone up they come out faster. so ive been told.

Polo + Micra

ive got a spare but my wheel brace dont fit so i wouldnt be able to change it ne way:confused:

dont u need a spare on board for the mot?

Fair enuf if havent made the space for a twin exit - u can just lob the spare on the mot, but what if u have?

I have a spare on mine, but its useless unless its the back wheel which goes.. it wont fit over the brakes on the front.

But, I do have an AA card, which will get me out of a pickle, heheh!

Dont need a spare for MOT.. its only checked if its there.. if you get rid of the cage etc.. they dont check it so its ok! (For tread, etc..)

Clio 172 Ph2

Cant get to mine for all the ICE in the boot so I figured there was no point having it in there!

Pete_172 kindly got me a can of that tyre fix stuff - just in case!

Nobody would dare check to see if its there anyway. Theyd probably open the boot, go Right then! and close it. lol

BMW 320d Sport

MOT doesnt require a spare and there is no legal requirement to carry one. The only thing is that if you do keep a spare, it must have legal tread otherwise you will fail the test. A lot easier just not to have one in the first place!

AA have got me home with a puncture before when I had no spare. They might make a big fuss but at the end of the day if your car is legal on the road, taxed/insured and roadworthy they have no right to refuse to help if you are paying for their service. In a lot of cases people with big rims might be running spares wheels that are completely useless as theyre so undersize that it would be dangerous to fit them and drive on them.

So Ive always run without one. Carrying a spare is crazy if you think about it- OK If I got a flat I could crawl around under the car in a muddy puddle getting my legs almost run over by every passing lorry, in the pissing rain and pitch darkness, trying to fiddle about releasing the cage and getting the wheel out, then going to all the trouble of knocking the bolts off with a wheelbrace that hardly works, and a jack that will either damage my sills or collapse and snap halfway up. Or I could just ring the AA/RAC. Im perfectly capable of changing a wheel, but would I want to if given the choice? No.

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 07 February 2004

MOT doesnt require a spare and there is no legal requirement to carry one. The only thing is that if you do keep a spare, it must have legal tread otherwise you will fail the test. A lot easier just not to have one in the first place!

AA have got me home with a puncture before when I had no spare. They might make a big fuss but at the end of the day if your car is legal on the road, taxed/insured and roadworthy they have no right to refuse to help if you are paying for their service. In a lot of cases people with big rims might be running spares wheels that are completely useless as theyre so undersize that it would be dangerous to fit them and drive on them.

So Ive always run without one. Carrying a spare is crazy if you think about it- OK If I got a flat I could crawl around under the car in a muddy puddle getting my legs almost run over by every passing lorry, in the pissing rain and pitch darkness, trying to fiddle about releasing the cage and getting the wheel out, then going to all the trouble of knocking the bolts off with a wheelbrace that hardly works, and a jack that will either damage my sills or collapse and snap halfway up. Or I could just ring the AA/RAC. Im perfectly capable of changing a wheel, but would I want to if given the choice? No.

but u r just lazy