ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone start a 365 today?

Well I didnt really think it through. So get it set up. Clamped, camera on my tripod, big bowl to catch it all.. Then took the lid off and nothing happened! lol..

So I had to poke it with a pencil and then hope some dripped. As soon as it started to move held the shutter down on a pretty fast speed. Only had 4 or 5 with moving ketchup.

Week 8

3311843276_f8d95dd417.jpg

Picked by the OT as I had a few I could have picked.

Well I didnt really think it through. So get it set up. Clamped, camera on my tripod, big bowl to catch it all.. Then took the lid off and nothing happened! lol..

So I had to poke it with a pencil and then hope some dripped. As soon as it started to move held the shutter down on a pretty fast speed. Only had 4 or 5 with moving ketchup.

Ha ha! Ketchup is one those liquids that's difficult to get moving, however once it does it seems to quickly speed up and get out of control - that's why I always end up with too much ketchup on my bacon sarnies! LoL!

Nikon D700
Brief update.

057 - first proper proper play with the nifty fifty! Have these numbers Revels!!!!
3316019739_176ce3acc7.png

058:
3316845992_850ccc7c4b.png

059 - love this one!
3316021001_c4b3b1278d.png

Keep them coming guys!!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just seen the photos of your dog on Flickr, Greg; completely missed it on here! Like how you've managed to keep the detail in his fur without losing the background and the shot of him running looks mint. :)

What's your real name mrmahoosive? Feel a fool calling you that lol. How you finding the 50? That first shot is a fine example of how selective you can get with it!

Nikon D700
What's your real name mrmahoosive? Feel a fool calling you that lol. How you finding the 50? That first shot is a fine example of how selective you can get with it!

Lol, its James.

Loving the 50, although have quickly realised I need something wider and just as fast. Would have loved to have something wider in winchester. The lowest I have is 18mm. Need 10mm i think...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Well James (;)) I know exactly what you mean.. I feel like I'm lacking at both ends of the scale.. nothing super distortive and nothing super zoomable. I'm supposed to be getting some quotes on discount lenses and maybe even a new body, but it's taking forever.

Bit of a crisis of confidence at the mo anyway, desperately trying to improve my photos but not going too well! Not one to quit though, so will give it time. A lack of lenses is probably a good thing though.

Oh, and get the photos up Fletcher!

Partner's Astra SRi
Well, after becoming seriously addicted to Flickr this week I've decided to start at 52. Wish I'd started at the beginning of the year but oh well. At least its at the beginning of a month!!

1 - (Including a Daffodil for St David's Day)
3319131561_1a5e5aa243.jpg

lol, it gets addictive very quickly.

One for you today, Lauren. Mainly because im upset that I havent included me in any of your collages :( So that clearly mines im not colourful enough! lol..

3320056314_fd5aa2f7bc.jpg

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Love the snowdrops shot. Yes, that's right, I know what they're called. bizches. Get it in a load of groups and that's almost guaranteed Explore front page lol.

Second one is good, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite of yours.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I wish it were, Dan. It's me about a quarter of the way through planning out my dissertation write-up. I've got 4 weeks left to finish the beast! Can't wait til it's over (and then yeah I'll have revision, lol).

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks. :) My advice: keep well on top of it! If you do you'll be fine, but if not it will mess everything up! I'm just about holding it together. Sounds like you're doing the right thing though Soph, the more you can do while you're not too busy the better.

FF RB 182
I normally leave things to the last minute though, just have to do something I am interested in so keep doing it.

Thanks for the advice Ian :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Love those photos Fletcher, how long have you had the camera for?

10/52
3341425080_690e9af217.png

Pretty happy with it tbh. Can't wait to try again as I know it can be improved upon, but I'm just glad I've taken a panning shot of a Vee, lol.

Some good shots guys. I wouldnt say im bored with mine, just struggling for number related ideas.. Taking pics each day is easy, its just thinking/creating something..

Obviously todays is incredibly predictable..

3344141443_d16bd427a3.png

I really am weak, and lost my 365 at the back end of January. Been keeping an eye on things here and there are some great ideas & pics out there :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good work, Paul. I've just seen the original on Flickr and the processing on this really lifts it! I really do want that lens, too!

Cheers guys.

Played about colouring the different bits of the plane, including the engines and tail, yet by colouring all the orange it looked pretty much the same as the full colour.

Yep the lens is great.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Keep it goin people, some great stuff on here... im just dissappointed that I never managed to keep mine going. I'll have to see what happens in the next few weeks ;)