ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried AVON ZZ3 Tyres???

Evening!

Got two bald front tyres and have been shopping around for some 205-40-17's. Have seen lots and lots of posts regarding Toyo's and F1's but not heard much about the above, they don't sound too bad to me. I'm not one to budget on tyres normally but am proper strapped at the moment and these come in around 80 quid cheaper for two fitted than anything else hald decent I've seen. The description sounds good to me!?

Manufacturer's Description:
Lots of ultra-high performance tyres give strong levels of roadholding, but the ZZ3 combines that talent with very gentle and predictable breakaway characteristics as you approach the limits of its grip; this gives drivers plenty of advanced warning that it's time to slow down and therefore a great feeling of confidence in their ZZ3s. And for skilled drivers in a racetrack environment, this predictability allows them to drift their car around corners at and beyond the limit of the tyres' grip. This is achieved through careful management of how the ZZ3's inner carcass and tread blocks behave in extreme lateral load situations, and thanks to a specially formulated rubber compound. That rubber formulation also contains a high silica content for improved wet weather roadholding - the ZZ3's distinctive arrow-head tread pattern and deep grooved shoulder blocks also help in this respect. As a further aid to the ZZ3's handling properties, its central circumferential rib promotes swift turn-in to corners.

Anyone tried them??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i had them.

absolute shite, the scrub and peel away under hard use in the summer weather...AND they're shite in the wet.

F1 GSD3's or PE2's fella. ;)

80 quid on mytyres, just need to find somewhere that will put them on for me!! What's the difference between 80W and 84W XL?? Anyone know how long these last??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i like the toyo proxes (some dont lol)

i have mine shod all round, very good for the price imo, alot of the ctr drivers and vx220 owners change to them too.

Have got them on the rear, not 100% keen on them to be honest, preferred my Uniroyal Rainsports when I had them on my valver....how can choosing tyres be so difficult!! (Although I am trying to keep them under a ton a corner which adds to the difficulty!!).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
alot of it is down to your own preference imo, think i'm gonna try PE2's next

Very true, nothing wrong with the Toyo's in particular, maybe I preferred the Rainsports as I had them all round, at the moment I have Toyo's on the back and some cheap sh1t on the front (from when I bought the car), think I'll give the GSD3's a go if I can work out the difference between the two and find somewhere to fit them!!

Cheers!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i had em on my car (AVONS). absolute w@nk. ud probably be better off with wanlis or something equally as toss. toyos are good and even pirelli p5000/6000 are good VFM if not the best performing tyres in the world.
heard goodyear eagle F1s are the best overall on here tho and pe2 if u got lots of ££££

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
that's PE2 money from mytyres.co.uk!!

get 'em ordered and please don't buy the avons, even if they're 2 quid each

Clio 172 mk2
I've used Avons before as I can get them at around £30 a corner (brother works for them).

I never had any problem with them but I don't think they have a great reputation for performance/predicatabilty in the wet.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think hes after some 205/40/17 ?
Still, mytyres.co.uk is the best place i think to get tyres if u can wait a week and want to save some ££££.

205/45 R16 PE2's are £93.25 each iirc

shouldn't be much more to get them fitted.

Don't worry, I'm steering clear of the Avons cheers! Will have another look at lunchtime but the GSD3's are looking good!

Looking for overall performance, I'm not one for switching tyres when the weather changes and I don't clock up too many miles so they last me quite a while so will have to be a good all rounder. I bought the car on 27K two years ago and it's still got the same tyres on it now at 39K although the fronts are sh@gged.