ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used mobile phones direct?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt use them again. Fortunately managed to get out of the contract within the 14 day time period.

Avoid. Terrible customer service.
Roger that. Seems that's what 9 out of 10 of their reviews say too. Good deal though. :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Surely your just ordering from them though and the contract is with EE and your direct debit will be with EE? Or does it not work like that?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Surely your just ordering from them though and the contract is with EE and your direct debit will be with EE? Or does it not work like that?
That's what I thought to be honest. Bit like carphone warehouse. Once you take the contract you deal direct with EE but there reviews are awful. Says they send out the wrong handsets, takes age to receive and any issues they don't want to know.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I've only used customer services once since i've had mobiles luckily and that was to get my HTC one camera sorted which went through HTC themselves. Wasn't difficult to get an original receipt from one of these cheapo companies when I needed it for the warranty claim.
If you don't need the customer service these companies are fine. That's why i've been fine using them.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
That's what I thought to be honest. Bit like carphone warehouse. Once you take the contract you deal direct with EE but there reviews are awful. Says they send out the wrong handsets, takes age to receive and any issues they don't want to know.

Have to wonder how they can be so shite when all they need to do is post your phone out and set the contract up lol.

Will EE not match the deal? They are usually good with things like that.

Listerine & Poledo
Mobile intermediaries are there to turn network sales commissions into attractive retail packages. How they divvy up "discounts", "free gifts" and handsets is their own business, if they dont do the package you want, go somewhere else.

Your phone contract, yes, is managed by the network
Any warranties for your handset are supported by the manufacturer but some retailers will aid you if required.

Scenario: My bill is wrong - contact your network
Scenario: My phone is buggered - Take the phone, along with your proof of purchase, to any Carphone Warehouse, who'll handle sending if away for warranty repairs at no charge (unless it's a non-warranty failt, of course)
Scenario - My £34573 chequeback deal, where's the cheque? - THEN you need the retailer.

The majority of bad on-line reviews are posted by slack jawed troglodytes who can only barely manage to dress themselves in the morning, let alone operate a mobile phone correctly. Positive reviews are few and far between since the British seem to just expect the moon on a stick, for free, daily. Why go praising people "just for doing their job".

Lol at troglodytes, not heard that in ages.

Not used the company but can agree with Goodj about reviews. I looked up plusnet out of interest and their reviews are shocking. Yet whenever I've had to deal with them they have been spot on. It seems people only write bad reviews, no one can be arsed writing good ones.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered an iphone 6 from them in November. I was told it would be a 14 day maximum delivery, on day 14 I called to see what was going on. the guy told me 'It's going to be another 14 days'. When I asked why, he told me straight - the networks supply them last as they get less money from their undercut prices. So basically everyone else gets first shout. I then asked if he could guarantee it within the second 14 day period. He couldn't and said the same thing could happen again, so I cancelled.

I ended up walking into Carphone Warehouse, told them what had happened and they matched the price there and then - walked out with a phone.

edit - The Customer Service side of things seemed fine however, they just couldn't guarantee the delivery.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Have to wonder how they can be so shite when all they need to do is post your phone out and set the contract up lol.

Will EE not match the deal? They are usually good with things like that.
They almost matched the deal. And reduced the cost of the insurance to make up for the £4-5 difference.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well I have a Sammy store down the road for warranty issues. So I guess all they need to do is set the contract up and deliver the phone.

Still, I may go in store to CPW and see what they can offer.