ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with an import ......

......got the dreaded 4K rattle on their exhaust?

Just wondering as Im trying to justify getting a 172 from a dealer when I could save a few quid and the difference (from what Ive read on here) is non-uk cars only have 1 silencer? (and people complain the standard exhaust isnt gruff enough)

Could it be that only uk sourced cars suffer because of extra baffling?

Id rather get one from a dealer to save grief but I just dont want visits to the garage if they can be avoided.

Renault uk will give me a 3 yr warranty with the correct paperwork, but Im sure I would get a replacement easier if I bought a dog.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

GOT A DUTCH IMPORT THROUGH MACRO MOTORING FOR £4000 LESS THAN DEALERS WERE QUOTING .COST £250 FOR A DECENT ALARM AND £200 FOR A THIRD YEAR WARRANTY . HAVE DONE 5OOO+ MILES WITH JUST STANDARD RENAULT RATTLES AND SQUEAKS FROM TRIM.DEALERS WERE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PUT A COUPLE OF NIGGLES RIGHT WITHOUT ANY FUSS(AIRBAG LIGHT +TAILGATE STAYING ON.) GET ONE BOUGHT YOULL NOT REGRET IT.

OH, I expect the standard reno rattless! lol

i heard the centre pipe one is a bit annoying though.

Has the airbag prob been sorted? Ive heard of a couple going off for no reason at all

Also got a Dutch import....had a few normal niggles but no dealer hassles, very happy with it :) (just had to buy an English handbook from the dealer for £6, as I couldnt read the Dutch one!!)

Also got a Dutch one. Had a few probs which were sorted under warranty. Just starting to get the 4k rattles!!!! Still gotta get myself an english hand book tho!!!! Saved 4 grand off uk list price.....

I have got an import, £5 for handbook £300 for alarm, already has a three year Renault warranty (have confirmation of this from Renault). Paint and tyres have three year warranty £300, so saved about £3000, I will lose £1000 when I come to sell it due to dealers not liking imports so saved £2000 on UK car in total.

Get an import.

Just be careful where it originates from. If its from inside the EU then you can get the warranty - if its from outside (e.g. Cyprus) you wont

GOT AN IMPORT FROM BARKERS OF PRESTON LANCS.HANDBOOK WAS IN GERMAN BUT THEY ORDERED ME ONE IN ENGLISH(NO CHARGE!!) NO RATTLES CREAKS OR GROANS AND IVE NOW DONE 6K!! TEMP SENSOR AND A SPOTLIGHT BULB HAVE BEEN MY ONLY PROBS AND THE LOCAL RENAULT DEALER FIXED THEM WITH NO HASSLE! SO GET AN INPORT AND SAVE YOURSELVE SOME SERIOUS DOSH.

Thanx guys, its getting more tempting the more I look into it.

The money isnt really a problem, its the principle, like why I wont buy beer from a supermarket - they buy by the lorry load yet my corner shop can sell the same 4 pack £3 cheaper!

We get fleeced in this country.

VW Potato

mines an import from ooh la la Paris. I dont have the exhaust rattle, just the usual trim rattles. My dealers have been mean when I tell them its an import, however.

g