ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone With Bucket Seats

If you do, can you tell me if you have 3 point harness where you put the harness points?

Also the main point, has anyone got any pics, or knows where I can find information, on subframes for bucket seats. Universal or tailor made.

Cheers

Paul

i dont have them in my clio (yet) but did have them in my nova. I also had 3 point harnesses to. I put the main bolt (the long one that goes towards the back of the car) in the standard whole that was there for the rear seatbelt buckles to go into. The side two, one went into the standard whole where the bottom of the originall seatbelts went and the other went into the whole where the buckle went. I had small strengthening plates welded in for support, then the eyes just screw in easily.

I got my subframes from the same place that i got the seats, i had proper nova ones not universall. I got them from a place called europa (they do have a website), its just round the cornere from mine.

Cheers. I have taken out the rear seats (forever) and know where to attatch the rear belt to and the one towards the door. But as I am taking out the frames for my seats and putting my diy jobs in I no longer have a belt buckle thing as its on the frame. So I was wondering what to put it onto.

Paul

you could attach it to your subframe i suppose. They usually have a bit where you are able to attach the buckle bit of the old seatbelts to, you could put it there

Thing is, I am making my own subframes. So I can put it anywhere I like. I was thinking about putting it directly onto one of the points where the seat bolts to the car. That should be safe shouldnt it?

Paul

BMW 320d Sport

On my Cobra subframes, they come with a mounting point welded to the frame as standard. So around my drivers seat, (I use 4 point harnesses) I have two shoulder straps that go through the back of the seat and onto the side and middle points where the old rear seatbelts went. Then the two lap straps go down the the sides, the r/h one into the original seatbelt runner mounting point, and the l/h straight down onto the new point on the subframe.

So what your saying nick is that it will be ok to mount one on my subframe? Where is yours on the subframe? I am making my own so I am thinking of the best place.

Paul