ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with skirts and/or spare wheel removed

Just wondered whether by fitting a pair of skirts, it would prevent me from jacking up the vehicle? Is there anyway round this?

I am only asking coz when I had my corsa I had 2 blowouts and if I hadnt been able to change the wheel Id have been well screwed.

Also if anybody has had their spare removed for a custom exhaust etc, what would you do if you had a flat?

I heard somewhere about a spray or something that temporarily repairs the wheel?

Can anybody shed any light?

Cheers

i run without my spare wheel because i thought that it looked sh*t poking out form beneath the bumper. ive got holts tyre weld to sort a flat but having never actually used it i cant recommend it

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

my spare had to go cos custom echaust.
not sure what to do when blowout. hope it never happens.

where in solihull mate??? i asked b4 but i dont think you saw the topic again.

My valvas got:
lowered suspension - 40mm and torsion bar adjusted
4in single exhaust(powerflow)
pipercross induction kit
flush tailgate
colour coded handles and side strips
re-designed front and back bumpers with colour coded laguna splitter

and a couple of other bits and bobs.

its red, on a j-plate.

Going back to the bodyshop soon for a bad-boy bonnet and the badge taken out and smoothed.

so where dya live

Do you know the Sharmans Cross Pub?

Right near there on Danford Lane.

About 5 mins from the town centre.

How much did your tailgate cost? Im interested in this mod, how have you got yours rigged up to open?

Also which bodyshop are you using coz I need a few things doing and am looking for a place nearby, can you recommend them?

Finally how much do you reckon it would cost to have side strips colour coded?

Cheers for any help mate i appreciate it.

ive got the curviest skirts ive seen so far for a clio and u can still just about get to the jacking points although u do have to put the jack in at a certain place an slide it along.
its the green one in the gallery if u wanna see the skirts i mean.

Lionel Richie

Ben P??? I live near jon16v, what car do you have??? you mightve seen me and jon about, his is a red 16ver and mines a black 2001 on 17ich superleggeras. Well have to meet up sometime, do you ever go to the track in Bham??? BP, wheels or the esses?? Well probably go up on saturday

Lionel Richie

Just noticed youve got a 1.4, is it a MK1 or MK2??? What colour/any mods??? Jon uses BODYTECH in Earlswood. Hes only had the wiper and spray jet taken off, the boot buton is still on, it cost him £100 and they did a brilliant job

I noticed youve got pretty mad skirts ben!
But Ive got some old (ford) RS2000 which are EVEN MORE curvy! I wanna put them on, but I cant find a cheap bodyshop in south london to do it! then, i should have THE curviest skirts! Did yours used to be a normal RT or somethin? cos the rear end dont look very wide? not a bad motor tho!

Ben

ben - do you know a lad called james with a silver clio near sharmans cross pub?? I know where you are, what colour is ur reno??

Yeah - i use bodytech, lionels a great bloke but he doesnt understand modifying, i have to explain everything to him!! hes having a go at my badboy bonnet next monday.

do you know earlswood - hes on valley road??!!

as fred said ive still got the lock on, didnt want the hassle of solenoiding the boot etc but maybe in the future - i only did it because i had a bit of rust by the wiper and i thought the wiper and spray were sh*t anyway.

weve got to meet up some time.

next time ur out and about crusing txt me: 0776474 3012.

id be surprised if you havent already seen me and fred cruising shirley or bham.

Im at Uni in derby, so I only get back at the odd weekend.

My car is a 1997 1.4S in Williams Blue

I will definately check out that bodyshop coz its only down the road and I want someone that has been recommended.

Have been thinking about an engine transplant for some time now, but everytime I price it up, I realise I could just sell my car and buy a decent valver and still have money left over.

I think I might modify every other part of the car and then do the transplant last. That way it will make more sense to my wallet.

By the way jouhn, have you got a contact number for that bodyshop?

And would he do fitting? ie skirts, splitter etc.

Cheers

Lionel Richie

BODY TECH will do anything!!!! Youll have to explain what you want doing but they can do it!!!! Dont beput off by the look of the place, it looksa bit backstreet but thhere work is very good. Dont know the number, sorry jon will tell you

you can contact them on - 01564 703680.

ask to speak to lionel and tell him jon sent you - hell no its a bit of modifying then.

when r u next back home then ben - ill go down to bodytech with you??

Alright Jon, Im back not this weekend but the one after.

I just spoke to Lionel at Body Tech and he said hed never fitted a bodykit before but was more than happy to have a go. He seemed like a genuinely decent bloke. I will definately be going up there at some point just to have a chat to him and get an idea of some prices.

hed never done flush tails, bonnets or much smoothing b4 i got hold of him - decent bloke and he wont hurt your wallet!