ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone work for Renault?

Bonnet catch failed yesterday - and im pretty sure my clio hadn't been recalled, can anyone check the database and see if it was recalled?

If anyone can, I'll pm my reg no

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you give them a ring they can tell you straight away if it's been replaced or not.:)

172 Cup
Renault sent letters to the registered keepers at least once. I ignored the first letter and received a second by recorded delivery.

Nothing at the mo :(
thanks to brun!! i just rang up my renault dealer for any recalls

And its got down the bonnet catch!!!! mines booked in for 12th june for it to get looked at

mine hadn't been done, dealer confirmed. Onto Renault UK now to see why I was never informed of the recall.... not much use now that the catch failed - but if it saves anyone else having the catch go and the hassle of sorting it, im happy :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
one of the many reasons to use the dealer, things like this are checked on every visit into the workshop

lesson learned the hard way unfortunately. Ive paperwork from prev owner from Renault garage and nothing noted on it about bonnet catch/recall.

Skoda Fabia vRS
depends when it went in, ive had some more pm's and so far nobodys has been done, a bit worrying really considering how well advertised this was, and how much Renault have done to contact people, 3+ mail shots IIRC using DVLA addresses, watchdog, and every car into the dealers checked, its been discussed on this forum a million times too

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
one of the many reasons to use the dealer, things like this are checked on every visit into the workshop

As true as this is, the amount I would have had to spend at Renault on having the car done in there, I could have bought it twice maybe three times over anyways....

Hope you get it sorted Leah.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mine was done last year, hadn't been done before - quick question are we saying once its done you never have to worry about it again? how does that work then? are they revised catches?

Skoda Fabia vRS
to the best of my knowledge, no, they are not revised, however cars not serviced within the network dont regularly see a lube of the catch parts, as such they can sieze and/or rust

if anything has the slightest bit of rust on it then it will be replaced with new bits

Rob, im in the same boat, which is why i used independent garages.

Waiting on Renault UK to call me back....

421 Cammed 172
Where was the dealership phone numbers list again? I need renault wolverhampton's number if anyone can point me in the right direction!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
surely they can't replace them everytime theres rust on there forever? if I kept this car for another 15 years I doubt they'd cover the costs every few years for a new catch.

Hmm might get a new one and powdercoat it.

Nothing at the mo :(
depends when it went in, ive had some more pm's and so far nobodys has been done, a bit worrying really considering how well advertised this was, and how much Renault have done to contact people, 3+ mail shots IIRC using DVLA addresses, watchdog, and every car into the dealers checked, its been discussed on this forum a million times too

See i rang up a dealer before and it said no recalls was needed

Now i rang up my new one that i now live near.. and it needs a recall on it >< so i did check lol..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What it is that suprises me is how many forum members haven't got it done.

My newish ph1 was owned before me by 2 forum members, one of them owned it twice and is massively active *cough*Mr Cole*cough* and the other spent a fortune modding it, but neither ever had the recall done, brand new bonnet catch for me. :D

Although Renault did want to charge me for the front Renault badge I was missing (smoothed), amongst a host of things... lol!

Total bill for suggested works after 25 point safety check:

£1468.95

Ive had it checked by Brun and my local dealership - dealership advised me to put a complaint in to Renault UK, thanks anyway :)

Vw Passat, clio 182
just booked mine in on tuesday...:dapprove::dapprove: Im quite suprised people who owned it before me haven't had it done:mad:

well at least others getting theirs done following this thread makes it worthwhile!

Funnily enough, Renault UK never phoned back, gonna harass them again in morning, if they think im gonna give up they've another think coming!

421 Cammed 172
If any of you Renault guys can get my reg to come up in the computer you'd be better than my local one.

It never comes up, not imported either!

Brun, I am sure you are aware of this already but as of recently EVERY Clio II shows the OTS 0AW3 bonnet catch recall as outstanding in the 'home page' of that vehicles ICM whether it has or hasn't been done.
You need to click on the OTS to be implemented tab on the left hand side and if it is still outstanding it will show here, if it doesn't then its been done. If you select history it will show when and where it was done.

Discounted 1*2 parts
'hammer' empty your pm inbox i cant reply but this is what i was going to send!

Looks like it is still outstanding on your car. Have a look in the engine bay to see if there is a blue matrix box marked K4. If the top bonnet catch is showing any signs of corossion take it to your nearest Renault dealer for them to replace it FOC

Tom

Skoda Fabia vRS
Brun, I am sure you are aware of this already but as of recently EVERY Clio II shows the OTS 0AW3 bonnet catch recall as outstanding in the 'home page' of that vehicles ICM whether it has or hasn't been done.
You need to click on the OTS to be implemented tab on the left hand side and if it is still outstanding it will show here, if it doesn't then its been done. If you select history it will show when and where it was done.

yup i looked in the history for each one, they were all showing under the first ICM page and under Yellow OTS aswell

as im in parts though and not service, im advising people to make sure with their local dealer, i do know a fair bit of the service side of things, but im not 100% with it and something like this isnt worth risking 'thinking' i know, i am however 99% sure what im checking is correct lol

Skoda Fabia vRS
If any of you Renault guys can get my reg to come up in the computer you'd be better than my local one.

It never comes up, not imported either!

it may be on Renaults system under its chassis number, for whatever reason the vast majority of Renaultsports seem to only be on the system under chassis, however i have a way of getting the chassis from the reg so im ok

Skoda Fabia vRS
I have a MK 2 and was told by the dealer it wont need sorting?! :S

could you check mine dude? WK51 AYU

pm me tomorrow and ill have a look matey, this goes for everyone though, ring your local dealer, they can check for you in seconds and it will need to go their if its not been done and if you wanna book it in they will check anyway

I have never had a letter, my car is an import which I guess shouldnt matter? YU02JWK is my reg. I'll give em a ring, do they just simply spray WD40 on it or something?

no they replace the catch. I never had a letter/phonecall or anything either, and im just one of the unlucky ones i suppose - but im glad its highlighting it for others so they dont have to go through this!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
they are modified catches btw, new ones cant really seize as the catch mech is a very loose fit.

I have a MK 2 and was told by the dealer it wont need sorting?! :S

could you check mine dude? WK51 AYU

yup i looked in the history for each one, they were all showing under the first ICM page and under Yellow OTS aswell

as im in parts though and not service, im advising people to make sure with their local dealer, i do know a fair bit of the service side of things, but im not 100% with it and something like this isnt worth risking 'thinking' i know, i am however 99% sure what im checking is correct lol

Just checking ;)
To anyone reading this its worth calling your local dealer, make sure you have your registration number and chassis number to hand (chassis number is on your v5 or below the windscreen on the right handside and in the drivers side door shut).