ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anything "wrong" with this harness?

Or do you just pay for the brand?

I've just bought a corbeau clubsport and don't know why I would pay over a hundred for other products?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Cheap crap, only 2" straps, bolts in rather than clips in, crap buckle, pain to put on.
If price is the issue, just buy an out of date, aircraft buckle, 4 point, 3 inch harness. Far superior.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, Are people really that stupid that they would even consider using cheap harness'? Darwin award please.

If you really want to cheap out on something as important as a harness then at least look at something second hand from a reputable brand, Probably something out of date will be right up your street budget wise.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have a possibly fake Takata harness you could buy if you'd rather have one comfortable as well as likely dangerous?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Got a helmet for sale too if you want?

d791069119c461fe62e10544c44d2432.jpg

Not FIA approved but very cheap.

Mec 350 slk manual
Cheap crap, only 2" straps, bolts in rather than clips in, crap buckle, pain to put on.
If price is the issue, just buy an out of date, aircraft buckle, 4 point, 3 inch harness. Far superior.
The ejection seat quick release ones we make at work i found was the best

Also aren't all harnesses going to be bolt in? What would you clip a harness too??

Some of us don't know everything about harnesses bucket seats etc and are asking for help/advice.

While im on the topic what will I need to fit an omp subframe and corbeau clubsport seat to my clio?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Also aren't all harnesses going to be bolt in? What would you clip a harness too??

Some of us don't know everything about harnesses bucket seats etc and are asking for help/advice.

While im on the topic what will I need to fit an omp subframe and corbeau clubsport seat to my clio?

You can get clip on harnesses that attach to eyelet bolts that screw into the seatbelt holes.

You'll need high tensile bolts to attach the subframe to the car. Minimum of 8.0 tensile, but 10.9 or 12.9 if you can.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Im too good to crash obviously lol

Yes I purchased an omp subframe and the seat already but im assuming it doesnt come with anything to fit it with?

What exactly and how many bolts and washers etc will I need.

Also reference the seatbelts how would I go about this as the seat belt "plug" is attached to the original seat?

Clio RS 197
Outside seat belt mounts are M10, buy some M10 eyebolts and re-use the holes.

Inside, you will need to drill holes and mount the eyebolts from new. I used 7/16" UNF eyebolts with spreader plates underneath. Between the bolt and the car body i used split washers.

Behind, use the schroth guide to wrap your harness around the cross bars.

Most of the subframe bolts, seat side mounts, runners etc are all M8 bolts. Use the original bolts and nuts for mounting the subframe to the body. Count up what you need and get them ordered!! :)