ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

APC Smart-UPS

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I have a load of these in my server room, all approx 5/6 years old. I have email monitoring setup and one of them is reporting

Warning - UPS: Battery discharged.

followed by

Informational - UPS: Battery discharge condition cleared.

every night at 8pm which continues for a couple of hours, then stops. I have changed the battery 6 months ago and it passes all the self tests.

Any ideas?

No idea but if its on a critical server and its 5/6 years old I wouldn't think twice about replacing it.

Fiesta ST
Change the battery mate, I install a lot of APC's and they can be a bit random sometimes, however 9 times out of 10 it's the battery.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There are better alternatives than APC out there tbh. (says the man who's fitted APC and little else at work! ;))

That reminds me. One of our old Smart-UPS 2200 units has a dying battery. Must get that looked at....

D.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mine does that - annoys the hell out of me... but that is the batteries that are old and past it.