ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aperture vrs CS4 vrs Lightroom

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I shall be purchasing a Mac soonish.

I use CS2 atm and will probably get CS4 on the Mac, but is the best prog to use?

I dont do heavy editing, but if i can get Cs4/5 shall i just carry on using that on the Golden Delicious?

What is Aperture like? I assume it has levels. dodge + burn etc etc ?

02' PH1 172
aperture and lightroom are very similar, pretty good for doing editing (ie. levels and color treatments and all that)

photoshop is a bit less user friendly (not as simple), but when you know it inside out, its obv lot more powerful that the other two mentioned apps, allowing proper editing and touch ups.

id say if you have used and are familiar with adobe products then get lightroom for ease of use or photoshop if you want to really get stuck into editing.

if you are bored with the adobe stuff and feel like a bit of a change, go with aperture.

Suzuki Ignis
Newest lightroom is probably all you'll need for most things.

If youve got the space and your acquiring it somewhere other than Adobe ;) then cant harm having it.

Cupra
What version of Lightroom have you tried? Since using it, my PP has got a lot better than with Photoshop and my processing times have decreased dramatically.

It is honestly worth giving another go, I think that you are the only person that I have heard say a bad word against it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im on my netbook atm i will look later , i think it is 2.something