ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex 40mm fitting onto mk2 172 Aberdeen

Mark 1 Clio V6
Has anyone had a garage fit lowering springs to their 172 in Aberdeen area that they can recommend?

I have looked at the guides on here and it does look fairly straight forward, but I know absolutely nothing about cars (my talents are limited to changing wheels over I'm afraid) and would worry that I might make a mess of it.

Alternatively if there is anyone in the area that has done it themselves and wouldn't mind assisting a complete novice in doing this job, it would be worth a few beers to them.

Cheers

Sinclair C5
borrow some spring clamps, print out the guide and use a sturdy jack. Suprisingly easy job.

You'll stand back afterwards and be proud, do it !

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
CraigV6 said:
Alternatively if there is anyone in the area that has done it themselves and wouldn't mind assisting a complete novice in doing this job, it would be worth a few beers to them.

Cheers

I'll help ye out mate.. in aberdeen all this weekend if ye need to do it? it should **in theory** only take a few hours.

I dont ave all my tools up here, if you have a trolley jack and axles stands we should be cool though!

Oh and maybe pop into agarage and ask them to loosen your top strut nuts on the fronts!

Andy

Vectra :(
Day before you do it soak your top strut nuts in WD40, then again before you go to bed. Will help no end

Burgandy 174 sport t
u still wont get them undone with wd40 soaking, do as Andy says and get a garage to buz them loose then hand tighten them