ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex/eibach springs?

Clio 172PH2
Been considering getting some for the 182 for a while now but also noticed the group buy going on for eibach springs - how come the eibach are so much dearer? Are they a much better option?

Anyway as for apex is there anything else needed once i change the springs?are these camber kits only if your changing the damper as well?

Also could those of you who have a 172/182 on either of the above springs post a pic! MAny thanks

P.S. Lol you've probably guessed im a bit of a novice with these things!

Megane225FF
car looks better on apex's..
I've got Eibach pro on mine, it dropped it a whole 10mm!! Ride is better, feels less roll through corner's. IMO a good improvement over standard.

Turbos.
Am i right in thinking the Eibach are progressive springs whereas the Apex aren't? The Eibach aftermarket spring range is good for road use, but i wouldn't want a progressive spring for track. Eibach have a great reputation so they're bound to be dearer.

Octavia VRS
I've got Pros, a bit diappointed in them. Didn't lower my car as much as I expected. Handling is better tho and ride isn't too bad. Sometimes wish i had gone for Apex

eibach for me! you could always go for sportlines which offer more of a drop and are considered by some to be the better spring

Clio 172 mk2
Fred2001Dynamic said:
I prefer APEX

Eibach are pretty good, just don't alter the look of the car enough

Eibach sounds just the springs for me then.

Can they be run on standard dampers without any problems?

Clio 182
Would fitting Apex springs on the standard dampers actually make the handling worse then the standard 182 ff cupped setup?. I'm after improved handleing and the lower looks but cant really afford the ledas !! I think the standard handling is good, just that the car looks a bit high, but then I have nothing to compare it with. I'm trying to decide what to go with.

people have said to me apex are really hard. iv got sportlines at the moment and there great, i really want to find out their spring rates.

Clio 172PH2
cool so the Eibach Sportlines go down 30mm, 10mm less than the apex, i bet it wouldnt look that noticeable a difference really.

So majority of you seem to think the sportlines are the best all rounder - thanks for the feedback im gonna look into some in the coming weeks.

By the way has any1 got a pic of a 172/182 on Eibach Sportlines if so can you post it up?

Cheers

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
1082389390__donny020.jpg

gotta be the tenth time ive posted this pic now at least !!! lol

my cup on apex 30mm, tho does look lower so im happy with that

Tom