ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex'd, Cup splittered and Turini'd

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
She's getting there. V6 spoiler still to fit when I have the locks removed and the bumpers, bonnet and doors resprayed. Not until the shat weather has died down though.
Comments welcome kids.
Be nice though as it's costing me a fortune LOL.

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Clart said:
nice, don't spoil it with a v6 spoiler. oh the irony!
You think it will spoil it Ras-Clart?
I think it will finish it off nicely, something a little different. And if it turns out to be pants, whip it off and sell it as they go for loads.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Looks great!!!

Love the silver. specially on the 172s mmmmmm pure sex

Renaultsport Clio 182
Looks gorgeous mate. I'm not sure on the V6 spoiler though, may be a little too over the top?
Though really does look good as it is :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm more and more impressed with the way it looks everytime I see it. Makes all the funds and hard work worth it. The bird hates it more and more every day though LOL.

Anyone fancy a quick 'shop of a spoiler on it?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You got it Jamie. I was in there earlier so I thought i'd take a couple of shots out of the pants rain.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Do you still think it looks like a downgrade with the Turinis Jamie?

VaVa
That could be one of a thousand silver 172's on here with the Cup exterior bits, mine included. Still looks nice though fella.

I'm always unsure about different spoilers. I don't like the V6 spoiler on the 172/182's - doesn't look like it fit's right to me.

I have the Cup spoiler on mine, and while it looks better than the standard spoiler in profile, I think it looks worse from the back - Would be better with a clear brake light imho.

Cup from rear

DSC00256copy.gif

Standard from rear

1092651721__P1010071copy.jpg

Profile of Cup :)

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Great minds and all that matey. Another good reason I want a V6 spoiler and not a cup. Plus my twin 3.5'' is cut into my back bumper and not sat below, not many of those either ;) .

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
looks good, mine will look like that soon, got my cup splitter, cup spoiler currently being sprayed, turinis next.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Liking that Lagerlout, exhaust is different with the 182 surround?

I know what you mean about the brake light. Could maybe get a 'Clio 172' vinyl cover from the 'bay LOL.

Any fresh pics of yours Ali?

Racing Blue 182
len_beach said:
Do you still think it looks like a downgrade with the Turinis Jamie?

No i change my mind, looks alot better with these wheels (though i would get them done in anthracite)

Still havnt seen you about though

VaVa
len_beach said:
Liking that Lagerlout, exhaust is different with the 182 surround?

I know what you mean about the brake light. Could maybe get a 'Clio 172' vinyl cover from the 'bay LOL.

Any fresh pics of yours Ali?

Or even one with 'Turbo' on it. lol. :clown:

What do you mean by different?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
lagerlout1 said:
Or even one with 'Turbo' on it. lol. :clown:
You're onto a winner with that one.

What do you mean by different?
Different is good, never seen it done like that before. Sits better than mine at the mo.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
racing182 said:
No i change my mind, looks alot better with these wheels (though i would get them done in anthracite)

Still havnt seen you about though
I think anthracite is a bit passe now, for me anyway. I like my cars nice and clean looking, almost unmodified.
I've not seen you about recently either mate. I used to see you all the time when I had my Chavalier but I only really drive the Clio on a weekend as I get the train into Leeds. I was round your way last week as well for that charity match at Garforth Town, thought I might spot the blue beast.

VaVa
Aaah I see.

I'd like to take the credit for the idea but I can't Cli0172 was the originator. And I blatantly copied him. lol.

The Bear had a twin 3" cut into his bumper on the same day I had mine done. Looked and sounded nice, but was a bit loud for him on the motorway!!

DSC00243.gif

Mine sits perfectly when cold,but moves out and left a little when warm. Only moves about 1/2", but it's noticeable because the surround is so close to it.

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I need mine modding as it hangs to one side when cold then the other when warm. I'm going to have it looked at when I have it de-catted though the baffles are rattling a bit so I might have it changed.

Too loud, pah, girl LOL. Mine rumbles and growls nicely then you open it up and it screams like a dying bear. I heard it driven yesterday and loved it. 70-85 is a nightmare though.

Racing Blue 182
len_beach said:
I used to see you all the time when I had my Chavalier but I only really drive the Clio on a weekend as I get the train into Leeds. I was round your way last week as well for that charity match at Garforth Town, thought I might spot the blue beast.

Was it not in the street, as i live in that garforth town street?

iv started getting the train on a morning, i useto drive to leeds everyday but sick of it now

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
racing182 said:
Was it not in the street, as i live in that garforth town street?
No mate, tucked away in the car park.

racing182 said:
iv started getting the train on a morning, i useto drive to leeds everyday but sick of it now
I saw a Gordini Blue 182 one morning last week on the loop by the Elbow rooms in Leeds. Thought it might have been you. I was sat on the train looking down.
Not worth driving to work IMHO. Takes about 40 mins and costs £4.50 to park then the fuel. A train pass is only £45 a month. You get on at Garforth or East Garforth?

Racing Blue 182
len_beach said:
No mate, tucked away in the car park.

I saw a Gordini Blue 182 one morning last week on the loop by the Elbow rooms in Leeds. Thought it might have been you. I was sat on the train looking down.
Not worth driving to work IMHO. Takes about 40 mins and costs £4.50 to park then the fuel. A train pass is only £45 a month. You get on at Garforth or East Garforth?

yeh got on garforth

Useto pay £6 per day to park in leeds near my work, so i save quite abit. do still drive somedays though.

Anyways back to your car ......lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
racing182 said:
yeh got on garforth

Useto pay £6 per day to park in leeds near my work, so i save quite abit. do still drive somedays though.

Anyways back to your car ......lol
Ay, off topic a little LOL. Still, if you want some car park passes for bond street NCP which knock parking down to £4.50, drop me a PM as I presume you are parking near Bar Home behind the Hilton and the UKI building etc.
Your 182 still standard?