ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

172 Cup
Went through all the application last night for a 21.5" iMac as my Macbook's on its last legs. Got to the end of the application and was approved :approve:

Got sent an email with a link to some security type questions about dates that bank accounts etc were opened and must've got one or two of them wrong as they then declined me :mad:

I'll have to give them a call today and see if they can sort it out for me!

172 Cup
Why are so many people getting declined for the finance?!! Urgh.

Like I say, mine was down to the daft questions they asked after they'd approved it initially.
The questions were a bit ambiguous, asking who my mortgage was with and when if was taken out, the problem was that two of the options for answers were the date we originally took it out and the date we remortgaged this year. It's not obvious which one they're after!

I might try again and see how it goes but the problem now is that I've got a search on my credit file after yesterday!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I got rejected last month so I just paid cash instead.

Barclays are a joke and if you've just been rejected by them, say good bye to your credit rating.

172 Cup
I'll probably give the 0% a miss now and get a 0% credit card to stick it on.

Luckily for me I work at an airport so I'll have a look and see what price they're doing the iMac in Duty Free!

I don't know much about credit scores etc, but I imagine that mine would be decent?! Never late on phone bills etc, 2x cars on finance which we're both paid off without a hitch, never been refused anything like finance etc, my accounts have never been in overdraft.
Does it make a difference if you bank with Barclays?! i.e. are they less likely to decline, as they know more about your banking/spending history?

Ph1 T
I'd imagine you'll be fine with that history

If I was you I'd pay £14 or whatever it is for a check mate

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just contact your bank as without the correct answer to opening account yr & month/date, no joy.

My iphone 3gs broke today and i was hoping to go to the apple shop tomorrow and get an iphone 5 on the 0% deal but just seen you can only do it online, i dont want to wait for the delivery of the phone :(

Never above 25mpg
Got my MBP! Wow is all I can say! Still getting used to it, did a migration but buggered if I know how I can access the files!

Still getting used to it but so refreshing having something so quiet and sleek! Not going to let my niece near it !

Need a good case for it though and the Magic Mouse

how long did it take for the finance to be approved and then the delivery? the woman in the apple shop said i could do it on the phone and it may be quicker, atm im with out a phone!

Clio 172
Got my MBP! Wow is all I can say! Still getting used to it, did a migration but buggered if I know how I can access the files!

Still getting used to it but so refreshing having something so quiet and sleek! Not going to let my niece near it !

Need a good case for it though and the Magic Mouse

Glad your pleased with it!!

Keyboard commands to learn;

CMD + R = Refresh that page
CMD + W = Close that active tab or finder window
CMD + Q = Quite active application fully
CMD + T = New tab
CMD + ` = Switch through different windows of that particular application (Mutliple windows of safari) ` this button is next to the Z

These commands are the most common I use and I find it really easy to navigate through Mac OSX with them.

Magic Mouse I bought on eBay quite cheap, and in good condition and I bought the Speck plastic hard case for mine and its really nice.

Never above 25mpg
Thanks Alex, keep using the function key as I'm so used to using CTRL on the old laptop!

Was trying to figure out refresh earlier too but thanks!!

I've seen a Thule waterproof case on PCWorld that looks alright!

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the finance to be approved? i have been provisonlly accepted just wondering how long it takes from now ?

An orange one
I'm resisting this time... Just finished my iPad 64gb, 2 months ago from last December, being sensible as new car to pay for soon!

Ill phone them tomorrow, how did you know when it was done? i filled in the forms and got the provisional, just need it all done as i need a phone!

Never above 25mpg
Ill phone them tomorrow, how did you know when it was done? i filled in the forms and got the provisional, just need it all done as i need a phone!

Well i got an email from Barclays saying I had been approved not long after I had filled in the online signatory information

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I'm so tempted to get a MacBook, I don't really need it though, I have a laptop which is my works one and a vaio which doesn't work off charge an it's like it's on life support. Can anyone give me reason why I would need one? I would use it for Internet, streaming etc, using autocad and 3d max, Uni work, but that's about it.

Never above 25mpg
I'm so tempted to get a MacBook, I don't really need it though, I have a laptop which is my works one and a vaio which doesn't work off charge an it's like it's on life support. Can anyone give me reason why I would need one? I would use it for Internet, streaming etc, using autocad and 3d max, Uni work, but that's about it.

I only got mine as I'd had my Packard Bell for 2.5 years and it was dying on me, battery was dead and slower than a snail.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was accepted instantly but i had to print off loads of s**t and send off a copy of driving licence etc and sign it and send to barclays... which took them nearly 2 weeks for them to go and get it from their post room and they were useless at sorting it!

Audi S1
Did anyone manage to bag themselves from Comet this weekend?

They had 30% off plus a 10% off voucher. People at work were picking up £1799 MacBook Pro's for £1070.

So pissed off I didn't know about this.

172 Cup
I decided to apply again after the problem with my first application.
I was provisionally accepted and was emailed a link to some extra questions. They were similar to the ones I was asked first time round :eek:

I never got round to calling Barclays about the questions today but I clicked on the link just now and rather than the questions it told me I'd been accepted :clap:

I'm now waiting for a shiny new Macbook Pro 13" which should be heading my way soon!

Gah. I keep telling myself I don't need anything and am supposed to be saving, then this thread gets bumped, I spec out a MacBook, iMac or an iPhone 5 on Apple's site then close the tab after I come to my senses.

Repeat ad infinitum.

You only live once, you could die tomorrow so why not. Live for the moment.

i have to print off all the forms and send them off, im hoping they process it all this week, i want the phone by the end of the week!

Never above 25mpg
Gah. I keep telling myself I don't need anything and am supposed to be saving, then this thread gets bumped, I spec out a MacBook, iMac or an iPhone 5 on Apple's site then close the tab after I come to my senses.

Repeat ad infinitum.

I did price up an iPad too but sense got a hold of me and I only got the MacBook

172 Cup
You sure? you are by law ment to sign these things (i think)
i sent my forms off today special delivery, ill phone them tomorrow to make sure they process it!

You can do a digital signature on most things. Basically when you put your name in a box it's classed the same as a signature.