ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the product.

I shall state categorically I don't want your tracking number, and don't want anything before it arrives in your hands.

I'm just curious about the steps taken in the delivery process.

Ok mate I'll let you know when I know.

I have specced it up slightly so not sure if that adds to the delivery time.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It depends.

If it's just adding RAM, then it will be part of the stock they hold, if it's a weird spec, then it might be built.

Cheers Eugeall, much appreciated.

DB.

BMW 440i
Deeg - Are you curious because it's Apple and what they are doing, or in terms of international logistics?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Both.

I basically want to see if it's changed in the last few years since I ordered mine.

Pretty tragic I know.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Properly tempted by this again, got an Air on it 2 years ago, but then swapped about bought a Pro.
Really fancy a new 13" top spec, be nice to get back to an SSD.

If I bought one, is there an easy way to transfer all of my info over to the new one so it's exactly the same? I have Parallels running Windows XP but swapping it all over is a right pain in the arse so don't really fancy doing it that way if I can just plug it in like you do with a new phone…?

Properly tempted by this again, got an Air on it 2 years ago, but then swapped about bought a Pro.
Really fancy a new 13" top spec, be nice to get back to an SSD.

If I bought one, is there an easy way to transfer all of my info over to the new one so it's exactly the same? I have Parallels running Windows XP but swapping it all over is a right pain in the arse so don't really fancy doing it that way if I can just plug it in like you do with a new phone…?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4413

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my current MBP for over 3 years and won't be restoring onto my new one. I feel like it needs to be a clean start.

Thanks dude.
So with that, I can literally do a proper imprint of my whole computer on the new one, so passwords, files etc will be on there? Including Parallels, as that's a £70 program to buy etc….if so I might buy one tonight…!

I'm more a Windows man tbh but yeah 100% will do your files, I would imagine it will do your passwords as well. Parallels migration is here http://kb.parallels.com/en/114118 unsure on licensing though!

Boom: http://kb.parallels.com/en/114119

Get a new mac ordered ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Dude you're a beauty!
Just need to speak to the boss tomorrow to clear it with him, and I'll end up with a £1500 MacBook Pro for under £900, bargain!

AK

M240i
You can now pay in 10 monthly instalments with 0% interest. Just choose "Financing at checkout" at Apple UK store online. Minimum spend £449. This promotion is Limited Time only from 2nd Dec - 10th Jan 2014.

Thanks dude.
So with that, I can literally do a proper imprint of my whole computer on the new one, so passwords, files etc will be on there? Including Parallels, as that's a £70 program to buy etc….if so I might buy one tonight…!

Sometimes parallels can be laggy if the virtual machine is created on a difference machine :dead:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'd like to know that too. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the 0%'er.

I went for the cheaper 2.0Ghz model and upgraded to the 3.5Ghz for only £85. It should make a noticeable difference. Also went for the 16gb instead of the standard 8gb.

Impreza Wagon
Is it worth going for the Macbook Pro with Retina display or spec up a standard Macbook Pro? I'll be keeping it for a long time and using it for light photo/video editing. I've also never owned one before so it'll be a big change!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Is it worth going for the Macbook Pro with Retina display or spec up a standard Macbook Pro? I'll be keeping it for a long time and using it for light photo/video editing. I've also never owned one before so it'll be a big change!

Definitely go for the retina.

Go for the best spec you can possibly afford.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
How, @JoePeps? Also @eugegall how did you order your MBP for so little? The edu discount doesn't bring mine down that far?

I think on his screenshot it's shooing the price without VAT, as I thought the same last night and tried to check!

I think @JoePeps claims the tax back through his business... I can remember something from a few years ago.

Correct, I can cheat a little and save the VAT and Income Tax/NI by being a bit clever, so gives me a nice saving again!
Ran out of time today but think I'm going to order tomorrow!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone had a delay in getting their stuff. It took two days to get the approval email from Barclays but still its not been shipped. Maybe due to the custom spec but still

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ordered via 0% finance last night and got application approved there and then online. Order status hasn't changed yet though - still awaiting payment.

An orange one
Everywhere is doing it at the moment, currys / PC world, apple resellers etc

They all doing 0% for 10 months, id rather sign in store and walk out with it, unless speccing one up a bit

ITB BG 182
Ordered via 0% finance last night and got application approved there and then online. Order status hasn't changed yet though - still awaiting payment.
Give it a couple of days matey, Mine said for delivery between the 13th and the 20th 3 days after application, the 4th day it announced that it would be delivered 4 days sooner than the 13th (9th) so you still might get it alot sooner than you think.

BMW E46 330i Touring
That's cool, I'm not time precious but sooner the better with these things as always! As long as the process works in as much as Barclays definitely 'pay' Apple and my order doesn't go missing then I'm happy.

Golf R32
I ordered a Mini Retina through their finance, done the order on the 2nd, had the acceptance on the 3rd, confirmation of order from apple on the 4th and dispatch notification on the 6th. Supposedly won't turn up until the 16th though

Ok, this is going to sound really stupid...

I've decided to treat myself to a MBP for my birthday, so have gone though the whole process - got to the finance part and the last step is asking if I've got a debit card. I obviously have; but I was intending on whacking this on an un-used credit card just to keep it separate. Is that actually doable or am I being utterly retarded?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, this is going to sound really stupid...

I've decided to treat myself to a MBP for my birthday, so have gone though the whole process - got to the finance part and the last step is asking if I've got a debit card. I obviously have; but I was intending on whacking this on an un-used credit card just to keep it separate. Is that actually doable or am I being utterly retarded?

Ok so you're putting the INTEREST FREE credit through probably a high charging credit card.

Yes CONFIRMED: RETARDED!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Guessing you pay the finance off by direct debit, so will probably need a debit card, which a credit card is not.