ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

BG 182
im currently on Vodafone - no pricing released for the X unless anyone knows any different?

im looking to move to EE if I can get corporate discount of 20% - pricing as below from this link:
https://shop.ee.co.uk/iphone/new-iphone-registration
Check out the iPhone X prices:
Special pre-order offer: 100GB for the price of 25GB. £82.99 a month, only £9.99 upfront
  • 15GB for £72.99 a month. £99.99 upfront
  • 15GB for £77.99 a month. £49.99 upfront

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just found out that the new iPhones might have quick charge, but they don't ship with a wall plug that supports it so you need to buy one.

What a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Just found out that the new iPhones might have quick charge, but they don't ship with a wall plug that supports it so you need to buy one.

What a joke.

Yeah I saw that too. f**king £1150 for a phone and still have to pay extra for a charger. b******s.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had a look a the 8's on my current network. They're daft expensive even with my discount.

I still fancy an 8 but might buy it cash, sell my 6S and get a giffgaff sim

320d M Sport
No quick charger in the box?

They’re really starting to take the piss. There doesn’t seem to be the hype any more over an iPhone release, everyone seems to be just going on about the price this time around.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I guess they haven't got as many pre orders so far, I checked the other day and could still get one delivered on release day.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I guess they can only get away with taking the piss for so long, charging extra for the fast charger and all the adapters etc, when the S8 comes with everything you need and costs a fraction of the price for pretty much the same spec, crazy.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No quick charger in the box?

They’re really starting to take the piss. There doesn’t seem to be the hype any more over an iPhone release, everyone seems to be just going on about the price this time around.
They are just taking the piss as much as possible. It's ridiculous.

The quick charge thing would really f**k me off. How many people won't realise?!?!

Glad I'm not in the Apple ecosystem anymore.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I guess they can only get away with taking the piss for so long, charging extra for the fast charger and all the adapters etc, when the S8 comes with everything you need and costs a fraction of the price for pretty much the same spec, crazy.

From what I've been reading;

The iPhone X has a more similar spec to a galaxy S6 than an S8

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They will do ok with sales I think, especially if it's well received in Asia.
Until Samsung sorts out there software Apple wont be too worried.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
They will do ok with sales I think, especially if it's well received in Asia.
Until Samsung sorts out there software Apple wont be too worried.
Agreed - the software isn't great IMO, I'm almost not bothered what the iPhone looks like or costs because I know it works. As ridiculous as that sounds...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What's wrong with the sansung software? I just got an S8+ and not noticing anything yet but if it's going to s**t itself in 6 months then I'll maybe consider going back to iphones..

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
From what I've been reading;

The iPhone X has a more similar spec to a galaxy S6 than an S8

That's been the case for a long time spec wise. But the iPhones always perform as well as the latest android phones, if not better.

That's obviously down to Apple designing both software and hardware, making optimisation much easier.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they had small ram amounts for years but their cores performance is mental etc.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What's wrong with the sansung software? I just got an S8+ and not noticing anything yet but if it's going to s**t itself in 6 months then I'll maybe consider going back to iphones..

Individual it's ok, Samsung overlay over android is a bit hit and miss and the UI seems to be different on a lot of there devices.

Apple stuff all works and looks the same, makes it easy to buy into the ecosystem.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they had small ram amounts for years but their cores performance is mental etc.
Their storage s**t all over everyone on the last release. Much faster which was proven in multiple tests, not just OS based.

It's a shame because they bring so much to the table in terms of how well they do things that others have done for ages but unfortunately lock it all down too much.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I like the fact they lock it down tbh.

I don't want to mess around, and I don't want an AppStore full of junk.

I had Android on a Samsung tablet, and I just found it hard work, nothing felt intuitive. Part of that is on me, as I've been using Apple for ages, but part of it was the UI.

Lastly, it pissed me off that it was just stuck on an old version of whatever the android OS is called, so couldn't get updated.

Listerine & Poledo
im currently on Vodafone - no pricing released for the X unless anyone knows any different?

im looking to move to EE if I can get corporate discount of 20% - pricing as below from this link:
https://shop.ee.co.uk/iphone/new-iphone-registration
Check out the iPhone X prices:
Special pre-order offer: 100GB for the price of 25GB. £82.99 a month, only £9.99 upfront
  • 15GB for £72.99 a month. £99.99 upfront
  • 15GB for £77.99 a month. £49.99 upfront
£83 a month!?!!?!? GTFO of here with that. £2k total. So, 1k of "line rental" charge over the £1k handset subsidy.

That's just rape. 100gb or not.

Also,"corporate" discount? I'm guessing you'll be applying for 50+ handsets... or is that a workplace deal?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
On that deal if you bought the handset separately, you could then get a sim only deal for £35 a month, Would get epic deal for that.

Mine doesn't even cost £35 and I got an iPhone 7 included lol.

Listerine & Poledo
On that deal if you bought the handset separately, you could then get a sim only deal for £35 a month, Would get epic deal for that.

Mine doesn't even cost £35 and I got an iPhone 7 included lol.

Sim only at £21 a month out of EE (20gb...which is usually plenty) - £504 (OTHER SIM-ONLY DEALS ARE AVAILABLE)
Buy Iphone X (Not Enough Storage Edition) outright - 999.99
Cost over 2 years: 1504.99
-v-
EE MeGaDeEl, 24m total - £2001.75

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I don't know why people don't just get a 0% 24 months credit card and pay it off in that time?
I guess because it doesn't look good taking out credit and immediately using a massive chunk, especially if you then try and take out a mortgage or car loan etc.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed - the software isn't great IMO, I'm almost not bothered what the iPhone looks like or costs because I know it works. As ridiculous as that sounds...

This! The recent hardware update doesn't bother me much however even after trying to swap to Android about 4 or 5 times, I just can't do it, it's so poor in comparison software wise. iOS is the only thing keeping me with Apple.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Phoned EE this evening about an iPhone 7 because face recognition is not my cup of tea and the 8 is a waste of money.

The guy on the phone said he hadn't sold a single iPhone 8 and they got loads of staff in Friday but barely any phone calls!

He gave me a cracking deal on a 7 though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Phoned EE this evening about an iPhone 7 because face recognition is not my cup of tea and the 8 is a waste of money.

The guy on the phone said he hadn't sold a single iPhone 8 and they got loads of staff in Friday but barely any phone calls!

He gave me a cracking deal on a 7 though.

What was the deal?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Personally I think the 8 is the phone to go for.

Face ID is yet to be proven so the only real benefit from owning an X is the extra real estate and the OLED screen. The camera bump may also be a plus for some. Is that extra tech worth an extra £30 a month...I'm not so sure

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
What was the deal?
£27 per month + £170 upfront for 5gb data, which is £818 over 2 years for the 128GB model. Gonna try and knock the up front cost down a bit more if i can though.

320d M Sport
I don’t know anyone who’s upgraded to an 8 or has even thought about going for the X, feels unnatural for an iPhone realise

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t know anyone who’s upgraded to an 8 or has even thought about going for the X, feels unnatural for an iPhone realise
Yep. I'm a fanboi but I hope this is their turning point. They have fucked us around with pricing for way too long now.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Unfortunately apple won't really care about sales here, it's all about sales in Asia now.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Still unsure what to do, iOS11 is out later today, so will install that on my 6S and see how it performs, if there's no noticeable slow down I'll probably keep it another year... :neutral:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I got an 8

Just because I was got a really good deal (which I don't think I was meant to get).

I think it was a bad move releasing the 10 a while after the 8. People want new phones now.

I'm not 100% sold on the 10 for the price of it either

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I got an 8

Just because I was got a really good deal (which I don't think I was meant to get).

I think it was a bad move releasing the 10 a while after the 8. People want new phones now.

I'm not 100% sold on the 10 for the price of it either

What was the deal and who was it with?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just updated to ios on my 7, might just be me but it does seem to be running a bit faster and the new Files app is Edit:not very useful.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve Just done mine too on my 7 plus. I haven’t noticed any difference yet other than the control centre and app store. 😂