ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
wtf?! How on earth do you manage to get pick pocketed twice lol?! Thats mental. You must be oblivious to your surroundings 😂 :wine::wine::wine:
Once a music festival, easily done.
The other time just walking down the street in Milan, tbf I should've seen that one coming though. And yeah, :wine:.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to reserve one for me for launch day, but then went to order two more and went from launch to 2-3weeks while I changed card details. Ordered them anyway.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ordered X 256GB space grey.

Couple of questions, I ordered on the wrong card (debit instead of credit), will this payment have been processed or can this card be changed before purchase? Also I ideally wanted to do the upgrade program but that wasn't an option can I opt into that now. I would ask Apple but as you would expect lines are busy.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Couple of questions, I ordered on the wrong card (debit instead of credit), will this payment have been processed or can this card be changed before purchase? Also I ideally wanted to do the upgrade program but that wasn't an option can I opt into that now. I would ask Apple but as you would expect lines are busy.

AFAIK, apple take payment at the time on a debit card. Credit card is charged at point of shipping with a pre-auth on it.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member

It was an option because I did it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ok, so I’ve spoke to Apple, I have changed my payment to credit card, and also when I go to pick it up in store on Friday I can opt for the purchase program. Can’t wait now :grinning:

DB.

BMW 440i
Ordered via the app at 8:05, black 256GB to pick up in store next Friday.

Ordered a screen protector from amazon. No case, ruins the phone!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Device repair/replacements for the X....

Screen Replacement:
Without Applecare+ £286.44
With Applecare+ £25

Device Replacement:
Without Applecare+ £556.44
With Applecare+ £79

DB.

BMW 440i
Not rolling with AppleCare.

It’s insurance, yes. House Insurance could also potentially cover some of the cost.

Haven’t broken or lost this one in 3 years, hopefully the same luck will continue!

DB.

BMW 440i
Device repair/replacements for the X....

Screen Replacement:
With Applecare+ £25

Device Replacement:
With Applecare+ £79

Based on one claim, including the cost of Applecare...

Screen Replacement:
With Applecare+ £225

Device Replacement:
With Applecare+ £279

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Do you use you’re phone as a hammer though?

Simple screen protector and bit of due care should see you not breaking it twice in 2 years.
You have to be a complete elephant to pay £1150 for a phone and then cover it up with a case and screen protector.

Never understood that and never will.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I’m guessing most of you bareback types work in an office?

I’ve always had protection just because I work in a manufacturing environment so accidents are too easy to happen.

Granted, I went a bit overboard when I had this case. I have since gone to a normal sim one lol

Aluminum-Metal-Waterproof-Shockproof-Dustproof-Case-For-iPhone-5-5S6.jpg

Also, I got a ‘full screen’ protector when I got the 8. It doesn’t curve round the screen, just overhangs. So now if you saw my phone you’d think I was a 19 year old slag from the amount of cracks on the screen (protector).

I need to buy a regular one :(

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Christ that case looks ridiculous.

I just use one of those clear silicone cases you can get for a fiver, keeps it tidy and you can still see the phone.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Christ that case looks ridiculous.

I just use one of those clear silicone cases you can get for a fiver, keeps it tidy and you can still see the phone.

To be fair, it was bomb proof. I’ve since changed to a slightly less hands on job so don’t need anything like that any more lol

I’ve not got a thin black one to hide the fact that it’s pink

So which wireless charger are people going for?

I got one of these. My house hasn’t burned down... yet. Works as good as an iPhone charger

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152709804732

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**k knows, do we know of all the normal wireless quick charge ones will work? Or only specific ones? I already have one or two from when I tested a galaxy s7 for a few months.
It's QI enabled so any will work.

I recommend Anker off Amazon. Does the iPhone fast charge?