ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll let you know know when some more apps have installed. I’m now realising I have far too many apps, it’s taking an age to install them all!

The info bar at the top- tbh I haven’t really noticed. It almost feels like the spaces either side of the camera are convenient “extra” spots to slot the time and battery into, rather than the centre being a cutaway.
I’m sure it will bug lots of people but I’m fine with it.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
So John Lewis reckon they can deliver me one tomorrow.
Here I am to call their bluff
54AE4C5A-8CBC-402D-A5BC-067DBA45CA57.png

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
How’s the picture quality? Can’t wait to use depth mode

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The silver version is stunning in real life. Looks and feels really nice in the hand. Very impressed with it. Feels bloody tiny too compared to the +

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Amazing so far. Need to get out and give it some more challenging tests this week. Should be good for fireworks tomorrow too!

Good to hear. I’m looking forward to seeing some pics. I have to wait until next Friday for mine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just can't get on with the look, massivfe camera bump aside it almost has 3 side bezels. It should be space age but it still looks a bit dated.

Looking forward to having a play with one.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I just can't get on with the look, massivfe camera bump aside it almost has 3 side bezels. It should be space age but it still looks a bit dated.

Looking forward to having a play with one.
You will 100% change your mind.

Its basically the size of a standard phone but with the plus size screen. PERFECT.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
IMG_5287.JPG

Thought I might as well get the missus the watch for xmas whilst I wasn't in store. Just got to wait till my son goes to bed then the opening ceremony will commence.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The phone is stunning, face id is a marvel and transferring information was a breeze. Well impressed with it!

Queued today after missing out on preorder.. 5am start wasn’t ideal but the phone is so much better than I’d hoped.

Main issue though... me and my brother can both unlock my phone via faceID!

342C20D6-380A-4720-A129-2C324F0DA665.jpeg

Loving how the depth of field works on the portrait mode, really big step forward from my 7.

28C642C9-4B7C-47DE-B40A-ECDD1B99DF83.jpeg

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Queued today after missing out on preorder.. 5am start wasn’t ideal but the phone is so much better than I’d hoped.

View attachment 1343248

Loving how the depth of field works on the portrait mode, really big step forward from my 7.

View attachment 1343249
Thats weird! Please tell me you are a twin!?
Yeah portrait is awesome, had it on my 7+ and i was amazed by it when i first stumbled upon it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

View attachment 1343248

View attachment 1343249

See, it’s that dof feature which I was so upset wasn’t available on the 8.

I will not get a x. I will not get an x. No no no

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I still think they should have made a small bezel at the top to house the camera modules (and the bottom for symmetry) instead of the notch. There still would have been an increase in screen real estate but without the need for the image to be cut off etc.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Afraid not - we look very similar but he can get in to my phone every time without fail. Think it’s learning his face since he put my password in maybe.

Us below - he doesn’t wear the hat any more.

View attachment 1343281

Couple more shots @Liam.

View attachment 1343282
View attachment 1343284
That's shocking. If you fancy earning a few quid I bet if you did a YouTube video showing it happening you'd get a s**t load of views.

Does prove why face ID is a f**king stupid idea. Fingerprint was swell, its unique and doesn't change unless you happen to cut your finger or similar.

Your face changes, shaving, hair cuts, etc

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
That's shocking. If you fancy earning a few quid I bet if you did a YouTube video showing it happening you'd get a s**t load of views.

Does prove why face ID is a f**king stupid idea. Fingerprint was swell, its unique and doesn't change unless you happen to cut your finger or similar.

Your face changes, shaving, hair cuts, etc
I’ve just clean shaven from a dark 3mm stubble. No issues.
Side glances and using in bed, no issues.

Tbf, if the “1/1million” odds of someone else gaining access is going to happen, it’s going to be your lookalike brother.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve just clean shaven from a dark 3mm stubble. No issues.
Side glances and using in bed, no issues.

Tbf, if the “1/1million” odds of someone else gaining access is going to happen, it’s going to be your lookalike brother.
Which is wondeful when you live with them? Or see them all the time? Defeats the point of security! What if he was banging his brothers mrs? He could be found out because he can look at his phone whenever!