ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Because you can’t push the lock button without holding on to the other side of the phone, and right where you hold it is where the volume button is so you end up pressing both

dk

911 GTS Cab
Because you can’t push the lock button without holding on to the other side of the phone, and right where you hold it is where the volume button is so you end up pressing both
Just tried it with both hands, and when holding it one handed and locking the phone, my finger is never over any of the other buttons, so you’re holding it wrong ;)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Battery life is amazing though. Charged on Sunday night and hit 5% last night. Thats with very high use (You always play with a new phone most in the first few days). My Note even with light use always needed charged after 2 days. Apple are the kings of standby time.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Battery life is amazing though. Charged on Sunday night and hit 5% last night. Thats with very high use (You always play with a new phone most in the first few days). My Note even with light use always needed charged after 2 days. Apple are the kings of standby time.

That’s defo not very high use lol. Yes the battery is amazing but I still have to charge it every night!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
That’s defo not very high use lol. Yes the battery is amazing but I still have to charge it every night!
Yeh would not try and go two days on a charge, usually 30-40% in the evening, although last night was the first time it actually went flat before the end of the day, bit inconvenient when you're trying to order an uber

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
100% last night before bed and still got 84% now. Yes, it’s on airplane mode in the car for 8 hours a day while I’m in work but still impressive.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
My iPhones speakers have started to distort when playing music or making an alert.

Booked into Apple this week and hoping for a replacement

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
My iPhones speakers have started to distort when playing music or making an alert.

Booked into Apple this week and hoping for a replacement

Popped into Apple Thursday who replaced the handset under warranty.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Caved in last week to upgrade to the X from the 6, loving it so far. Picked up my 6 yesterday and already feels strange lol.

Case wise ive went for the kevlar pitaka one.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Same just upgraded from the 6 to X (picked mine up yesterday)

Face ID is actually amazing. Really didn't think I'd like it so much over Touch ID but really can't fault it... so quick.
The camera in general is great but especially really liking Portrait Mode, in fact I wish I had it earlier so catch better pictures of my son!
This is also my first venture into Live Photos which I really like (more so the ability to grab the best part of a picture rather than the motion itself)
Took my phone off the charger at 20:00 @ 100% and almost 3.5 hours later it's still at 100%! Amazing.

Only negative so far I've noticed is pretty bad colour/hue shift which is frustrating, but apparently it's normal :(

https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/03/iphone-x-oled-burn-in-color-shifting/

Megane 250
Upgraded yesterday from my 7 plus, no massive differences but I quite like the face recognition, I do keep going to press a button at the bottom and had to google how to screen shot earlier lol!

But it feels nicer to use, the screen is nicer and it feels better made. Let’s just hope this phone lasts the contract and doesn’t fail within 18 months like the last few. If it does I’ll be moving to Samsung or something.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Make sure you get a decent case.

Dropped mine yesterday’s day smashed the front [emoji85]

Megane 250
Make sure you get a decent case.

Dropped mine yesterday’s day smashed the front [emoji85]

Just ordered a case but it has the stupid cut out on the back so you can see the Apple logo, so ordered another one. Only a cheap thing but I have got a tempered glass protector as well. Touch wood I am pretty careful.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheap case on a £1,000 phone? Maaan... couldn't do it lol. No case for me, ever! #realman

Actually loving this thing though. Although, mine has been slightly effected by flakegate :confused: hope it doesn't get any worse.

Crazy how quickly you get used to the gestures. Had to use my iPhone 6 the other day and kept swiping up from the bottom!

Battery continues to impress too. Charged it up to 100% for the first time Monday evening, took it off the charger and didn't have to charge it again until this morning, almost bang on 36 hours.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Had my X’s screen replaced over the weekend by Apple (under warranty otherwise it would’ve been £230) as the phone was suffering with ‘Ghost touch’. Basically the phones touchscreen became pretty much unusable inside a 24 hour period and started randomly opening and closing Apps, web pages and typing out bizarre text messages. It completely failed the touchscreen test at Apple so they replaced the screen - there was zero damage to the phone.

Whilst chatting with the ‘Genius’ as he tested it he said it’s becoming more common with the X’s so it’s something to look out for if you have, or are in the market for, an X.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My iPhone X battery finally dropped to 99% efficiency over the weekend! Been running almost bang on a year now... be interesting to keep an eye on, bet it won't be linear from here on in.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My iPhone X battery finally dropped to 99% efficiency over the weekend! Been running almost bang on a year now... be interesting to keep an eye on, bet it won't be linear from here on in.

That’s a spectacular effort and I suspect a little lying there surely?

My Xs was down to 96% after 3 months and I was actually trying to baby that one a bit

Reactions: Ben

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I think my X was down to 91% after 12 months so got it replaced for £25 under the discounted battery replacement scheme, still at 100% now after 3 months

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That’s a spectacular effort and I suspect a little lying there surely?

My Xs was down to 96% after 3 months and I was actually trying to baby that one a bit

Why would I lie?

Genuinely surprised at others results though! To be honest I cained my iPhone 6, always had it on charge at work and it destroyed the battery, so I've been trying hard to be good with this one (only charging when it hits 20%) and it's obviously worked wonders!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why would I lie?

Genuinely surprised at others results though! To be honest I cained my iPhone 6, always had it on charge at work and it destroyed the battery, so I've been trying hard to be good with this one (only charging when it hits 20%) and it's obviously worked wonders!
I think he means the phone is lying, not you ?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to pick up an XS Max soon I think. I’ve seen a deal with EE- £199 up front, unlimited texts/mins, 50GB Data for 24x£55 on the 64GB model. Has anyone seen better?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My mate with an XS Max text me earlier saying he's going to buy the new iPad Mini revealed today... is there really any point!? Can't be a massive difference between the two. I could see it maybe if the iPad got the new design from the Pro.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What cases are people using on their XS Max? I’ve seen some leather ones with card slots that look alright.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
What cases are people using on their XS Max? I’ve seen some leather ones with card slots that look alright.
Bumping this - I’ve just got an XS Max, thinking of a case as I’m pretty sure one of my kids will get hold of it, and smash it up...

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bumping this - I’ve just got an XS Max, thinking of a case as I’m pretty sure one of my kids will get hold of it, and smash it up...

I’ve just got one of those clear gel type cases on mine, keeps the size down.
I’ve dropped it a few times and dropped a piece of wood on the phone and it’s protected it really well.