ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Digital AV Adaptor

Has anyone got one of these?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/apple-ipad/apple-ipad-accessories/apple-digital-av-adapter-11627371-pdt.html

I just got one so that I can watch stuff from my 4S on my tv. It's working but it doesn't fill up the whole tv. There are huge gaps on the sides and even top and bottom. I've seen on youtube people using them and they fill the whole screen. I can use my tv's zoom but that then misses some of the video and the quality goes way down. It's a Panasonic TX-P42G30B

How do I get it full screen?

Cupra
If it's only for home use, take it back and buy an Apple TV. It doesn't cost loads more, but the wireless AirPlay is worth it alone. I found the cable always fell out of my old iPad and phone when I used it.

I don't remember having a problem with a black border around videos either.

ST1050, 320d
If it's only for home use, take it back and buy an Apple TV. It doesn't cost loads more, but the wireless AirPlay is worth it alone. I found the cable always fell out of my old iPad and phone when I used it.

I don't remember having a problem with a black border around videos either.

Screen mirroring won't work unless he has a new mac, certainly won't mirror an iphone either.

Cupra
Screen mirroring won't work unless he has a new mac, certainly won't mirror an iphone either.

Late reply as I was on holiday. Mirroring an iPhone screen has been possible since the 4s and the iPad 2 AFAIK. My iPhone 5 and iPad 2 can definitely do it, and just AirPlay videos/ music is possible on the earlier models too.