ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple live event today

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I’d go for the xs max in 256 in October and watch for Xmas

I’m interested in the tech and how diagnostic the ecg will be. You simply can’t get an ECG trace without a reference from two other points on the body so need to read up on that to see if it’s all gimmick (regardless of what the AHA say).

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
What’s the difference between the XS and XR?
Size, screen, camera, aluminium frame as opposed to stainless steel, waterproof rating and colours.

Ultimately they’ve got the same internals, so if none of the other things bother you then the Xr is a steal.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I quite like the look of the XR in the different colours might have to compare the screens in store.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I wouldn’t be buying an XR. It has a fairly low resolution LCD screen.

I’m going for the Xs Max 256GB in Gold!

Prices are insane though!

256GB Xs Max is £1249 and the 512GB is £1449!

The watches have both gone up by over a £100 too compared to Series 3 launch prices! It’s insanity!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

The watches have both gone up by over a £100 too compared to Series 3 launch prices! It’s insanity!
Yet you’ll still put that money in their pockets like a mug lol.

I like the phones but with everything they offer these days there is simply no need for half a terabyte of storage on your phone, I don’t care what you say you’d be wrong

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Is that right? I swear the price of the Nike series 3 I bought last month was 399 or something like that

And no one needs 512GB these days. I'd go as far as to say 64GB is enough with data speeds for looking at old photos and music streaming etc

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Nah I’ve already got an X but for someone coming from a 6 or a 7 and doesn’t want to shell out a grand it would be a good upgrade.

Wish they would do the Xs in the product red colour tbh.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see anything wrong with the screen. I've had a 4s, 5s and now a 7. All have had a retina LCD screen and all have looked awesome.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The human eye can’t see more than 300ppi anyway so apart from the energy/space saving aspect it’s a pointless upgrade.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Ive read all the new specs and booked my 6S in for battery replacement at iSmash for £25 instead. Headphone jack FTW.

Everyone hates on the iPhone not having an earphone jack. I wear my earphones from 6am to 4pm mon-fri and on all my previous iPhones I used to go through a pair of earphones every other month. Now with the lightning adapter, it breaks every other month instead. Hop on the live chat with Apple, request a replacement under warranty and have a new one in 5 days for free. Much easier than contacting Bose every time for a warranty replacement.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The lack of 128gb annoys me a bit.

That was ideal for me.

No way I need 256gb, so looks like i’ll go 64gb and make sure i’m On top of it.

The auto download of podcasts usually hits me for 2-3gb.

And with streaming, I don’t have the iTunes library I used to.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Agreed, they force you hand. When will they actually go on sale? I’m assuming around 9am? I suspect you’ll be very lucky to get an order in for delivery next week.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've got the iPhone X so obviously no point in upgrading for me, although the new camera software additions do sound nice.

Definitely getting the Apple Watch though, will be my first one. The size of the screen on the 40mm is now bigger than the old 42mm which sound perfect for my puny wrists :D

So iphone x is gone, no suprise as the new version is nearly the same! Must be the shortest life of an iphone??

Iphone SE also gone.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They're always similar. I like the fact they say the new one is salt water resistant though. That's how I broke my pixel2. That and the OIS for the zoom camera, that one is dumb though. It's like they left it off last year just so they'd have something to add this year.

Ordered a silver XS 64.

Shame they didn't give the camera the same sort of specs as the new android ones (with 960fps slow motion). I guess they can innovate with that next year ha.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ordered the Xs Max 256GB in Gold at 8am this morning lol! They said it’ll arrive next Friday so fingers crossed!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’ll be going pauper spec Xr with 64gb. My 6s is getting on a bit now.

iPhone 4 still remains my favourite design. Even the size. Was perfect for me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
They're always similar. I like the fact they say the new one is salt water resistant though. That's how I broke my pixel2. That and the OIS for the zoom camera, that one is dumb though. It's like they left it off last year just so they'd have something to add this year.

Ordered a silver XS 64.

Shame they didn't give the camera the same sort of specs as the new android ones (with 960fps slow motion). I guess they can innovate with that next year ha.
The Iphone X had OIS on both standard and zoom lens. The camera updates on the S though is one of the reasons I’m upgrading from the X, that after shot bokeh control is innovation for you!

I have gone for a gold XS 512gb and a gold watch (mans size) with cellular. Both set to arrive next Friday.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Not eligible mate.

Besides like I said, fancy a new one and the boy can have mine then (I’ll get the battery changed for him anyway)

I would of still get in touch with apple, my 6 was having terrible battery problems and they fitted a new battery for £25 and it lasts ages now, think it is £25 until December.
if your son is having get it done it will extend the life of the phone for another couple of years.

My 6S is nearly at its end! The charger port is loose, the battery is well, bad!

Gone for the XS 64GB from CPW as they are doing some silly GB deals. 100GB for £49 p/m lol (with big deposit). I don't need it but it was cheaper than going on a low GB tariff from o2!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I’ll be going pauper spec Xr with 64gb. My 6s is getting on a bit now.

iPhone 4 still remains my favourite design. Even the size. Was perfect for me.

Same here love the iPhone 4! I think the ultimate would have been iPhone X screen in an iPhone SE body though... although doubt I could go back to a smaller one now.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No, Apple have clearly abandoned the lower mid-range market, the 7 is the cheapest model they'll sell you new.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ordered an XS today, 256 space grey.

Vodafone won’t honour VEA discount on the XS. Aerseholes.

Anyone know what a superb condition 128 iPhone 7 is worth? Voda offer the option of dropping £10 a month off my bill for trading it in. (So £240).

The lack of 128gb annoys me a bit.

That was ideal for me.

No way I need 256gb, so looks like i’ll go 64gb and make sure i’m On top of it.

The auto download of podcasts usually hits me for 2-3gb.

And with streaming, I don’t have the iTunes library I used to.

Same, really annoyed me. But I’ve got 50GB used now, and with the new camera pics and videos will be bigger.. so I’ll sail over 64.

256 it is. Ffs

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ordered an XS today, 256 space grey.

Vodafone won’t honour VEA discount on the XS. Aerseholes.

Anyone know what a superb condition 128 iPhone 7 is worth? Voda offer the option of dropping £10 a month off my bill for trading it in. (So £240).

Same, really annoyed me. But I’ve got 50GB used now, and with the new camera pics and videos will be bigger.. so I’ll sail over 64.

256 it is. Ffs

I applied to recycle at 'Music Magpie' and they have agreed £350 for my 7plus 128GB.

I did it before the Apple conference to maximise my value lol!! Hopefully I have enough time to send it in before they cancel the offer! I usually get away with it though!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Be careful with Magpie, I was going to do the same (have since decided to keep hold of it for a family member) but plenty of reviews slating them saying they make out condition is poor etc and don't honour the value quoted. I'd be taking plenty of pics and gathering evidence of condition before posting it off.

133T
Think I’ll need to hold these to make an informed decision.

I planned on keeping my 6s and purchasing an iPad Pro but I really fancy upgrading to one of these beauts. Was never a fan of the massive phone but I think I’m gona Just give in and give the big Max a go.
I’m late 30s. Nights out are few and far between so the carrying it about pished is less of a concern. Ken.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the iPhone X so obviously no point in upgrading for me, although the new camera software additions do sound nice.

Definitely getting the Apple Watch though, will be my first one. The size of the screen on the 40mm is now bigger than the old 42mm which sound perfect for my puny wrists :D

Feels weird not having mine on now - and the default strap that comes with it is one of the comfiest I've worn with a watch.

Once you try it, the idea of going back to a watch that simply tells the time feels a bit 'backward'. As with other smart watches, tying it to the likes of Apple Pay was great on the London Underground - just waving your wrist at the gates and through you went.

The downside? The battery life. Mine's a 1st gen, so the time between charges might have improved somewhat - but at absolute maximum, I would only manage a day and a half on one charge. It comes with a cradle that you just place your watch on though to recharge, so it's not that big a deal I guess.

I'd personally like to get the waterproof one though - given that I go swimming and have to take mine off.