ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple mac mini

Z4
Ok, so I'd pretty much decided on getting this: http://www.johnlewis.com/230641369/Product.aspx

then I heard there were these: http://www.johnlewis.com/230729677/Product.aspx

My the looks of it, they're near enough identical spec only the mini has a slightly bigger HD.

Are there any cons to the mini? I know it's not got bluray but I have a seperate player for that anyway.

Could save me a fair bit of cash! I know the mini isn't portable lol, but I'd be using the macbook with my tv 90% of the time anyway!

Cheers x

Yup. Just a desktop really, so if you're not going to be taking it places then get the Mini.

I have one. It's great.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yep get a mac mini. Amazing little machines so quiet wouldnt know it was there. Really fast too mines last years model which isnt as good spec as the new ones and its fast enough

Megane
But by the time you by a monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse, you would have spent at least another £200!

Z4
they are overpriced really as without the mac branding you could build it cheaper

It's not just because it's got the name on it though is it...

I hear excellent reviews from all mac owners.

They're nice to use, don't get viruses easily, and they will last unlike a pc. They use their power differently to a pc from what I hear, and rarely crash!

I will be getting a student discount too (girlfriend!) so that will bring the price down even more :)

I'm mega tempted tbh.

Z4
But by the time you by a monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse, you would have spent at least another £200!

as said in the original post, I'm going to be running it on my panasonic plasma anyway, I already have a nice mac keyboard, I'll only need to buy a mouse!

When I move house and have a dedicated 'computer room' I'll probably buy a monitor for it, but for now it'll be on the plasma!

Do apple sell monitors separately?

It's not just because it's got the name on it though is it...

I hear excellent reviews from all mac owners.

They're nice to use, don't get viruses easily, and they will last unlike a pc. They use their power differently to a pc from what I hear, and rarely crash!

I will be getting a student discount too (girlfriend!) so that will bring the price down even more :)

I'm mega tempted tbh.

all that is different is the OS you could build a pc with the same hardware and run mac os on it if you wanted

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
as said in the original post, I'm going to be running it on my panasonic plasma anyway, I already have a nice mac keyboard, I'll only need to buy a mouse!

When I move house and have a dedicated 'computer room' I'll probably buy a monitor for it, but for now it'll be on the plasma!

Do apple sell monitors separately?

Tbh the mac mini is mainly aimed at people who are replacing their old PC by just buying a new desktop and using their old bits. Or people like me and playing it through their TV as a home media centre.

And they do monitors but there alot of money

http://www.apple.com/uk/displays/

£600+ for a 24" great screens but still

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
off topic, i bought my first mac today, love it!

is there a way to find out how much cpu im using?
like the task manager on windows.