ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Applecare

Titanium 182
So I finally committed and bought a MBP.

Yay.

Didn't get applecare through apple as it's nearly £200..

Can you get it anywhere else cheaper ? there's some cheap ones on ebay but they're from america and I'm not sure whether they're for the 09 model MBP.

Links would be properly ace, thanks.

Titanium 182
I am nicht a student :(

Just want a cheap online link, sure I heard someone say you can get it on ebay but I don't know which buyers to trust.

Many thanks babe x

You can buy it from eBay, but I wouldn't. You'll never be sure it's legit until you come to need it and then it's way too late.

Buy it from Apple if you want it. Don't risk eBay. And I'm pretty sure student discount for AC only applies at the time of purchase.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If it wasnt for the student discount i wouldn't bother tbh.

Never needed it on my old mb which i had for nearly 3 years. Only got it on my mbp because of the student discount.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You can buy it from eBay, but I wouldn't. You'll never be sure it's legit until you come to need it and then it's way too late.

This.

The scam goes like this.

1) Applecare bought with stolen credit card.
2) Applecare is sold on ebay.
3) Apple find out that said applecare was bought with stolen card, so invalidate it.
4) Mac breaks.
5) You try to use said applecare only it's now flagged up as being bought with a stolen card and therefore is invalid.
6) You cry.

Because the purchase and the claim are (potentially) so far apart there's no way of knowing, the seller sends you the applecare so you leave positive feedback thanking them. It looks like they've sold loads and they've all got positive feedback, it's not until somebody tries to use it that they find out what has actually happened.

Titanium 182
Alright, cheers for the heads up. I wouldn't buy it from apple at £160. Can't stomach it on top of the machine price, not when students get it for £50 >_<

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Student Discount counts for nothing hear tbh ...£229.90 if bought separately form the initial purchase of the MBP via the Apple Education Store

£58.75 if bought at the same time as the MBP with Student Discount!!

...no way round it tbh, gonna have to cough-up sunshine i'm afraid ;)

Last edited:
  Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/coastal_computing/

This guy does a lot of cheap applecares. Isn't a scam as me and my old man both got them for our iphone 4s for £22 each from him and have done in the past, plus he got one for his ipad. Boy's currently doing one for the MBP for £68.95 but he would most likely accept £62 for it.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
for the iphone its only £60 on the apple site ive not got it at the moment but will get it just before my warrenty is up

Generally you wont get AppleCare cheap, I work for a charity and we can screw suppliers down so hard when it comes to pricing but AppleCare is something that is never really discounted. Last one we got for a MBP was £170.65.

As for not buying it....IME you will need it at some point, and if you don't have it then you might aswell stick your MBP in the bin as you'll be bent over for repair.