ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AppleTV, XBMC and Aeon

Hi,

Anyone running XBMC with or without Aeon on AppleTV?

What do you think, is it easy to set up etc...

Ive got appletv and its taking me forever to convert all my DVDs to .mp4 so am lookining into other options. XBMC seems to be the only one really.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I just installed Aeon and it's a bit slow, XBMC has other skins which work better and still look great.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Are you using a Mac or PC? You need to create a USB patchstick in order to install XBMC onto the Apple TV

Using a Mac, ive got XBMC on to the ATV. Cant seem to get any media on there tho? Even tho ATV finds it.
Id also like a better appearance with artwork for the albums and films.

All my media is on external hard drives connected to a Apple airport extreme.

All help would be much appreciated mate.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Adding external drives is a ball ache and a half. You have to know the IP address you are connecting to and input that with the full address of the drive. Be sure and have SMB activated on the Mac if you intend to share media from there.
example:

smb://10.0.1.1/External Drive Name/Folder Name

Try some of the skins that are preinstalled, in Library mode these provide artwork for films and albums.

It all goes through my iTunes at the moment tho. The music always will. Shouldnt XBMC just find my iTunes library?

I cant find a library for the skins? Ive found one under the videos home folder but there isnt anything in it?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The skins are located in the Settings/Appearance options.

You'll more than likely have to direct XBMC directly to the iTunes music folder before you can use it. I only use XBMC for TV/Movie playback as the ATV itself is perfect for music.