ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Approaching someone to buy their car?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
drive's only big enough for two cars and we've got two already.

I've got a feckin conservatory stopping me putting a garage back up. Good luck anyway...

When do you get the sunflower.

Yes really!!

You haven't seen my drive. My old 172's cat used to scrape slightly. That was on standard trat'or suspension. Decatting eliminated that issue though!

No gay stickers will be going on this one though, as I wouldn't want to ruin it ;) .

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ofcourse ;)

Always fancied a sunflower, loved craig_172's supercharged one when I Paint corrected that before FCS last year

Oh haii
5800708878_840427540f_z.jpg

FCS '11 Amazing Sunflower by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Me too. Always had a massive soft spot for them. Hopefully this one will be spot on and ill be rolling in a winner's colour ;).

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Even better when you go out in it haha, apparently it will be returning with a few tweeks here and there and more power :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'll give him a text and tell him to get on with updates.

It took many hours of correcting, like 24 hours work, but it came back to life with lots of TLC

The hard work certainly shown on that day! Looks immense!

Exterior wise, this one i'm looking at is in really good nick. Could do with freshening up, but so can most cars.

Properly buzzing about this!!! Just need to find a buyer for mine! LOL

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thats the thing, a nice well groomed ph1 is hard to come by now, only advice I can give is get the paint corrected, seal it and keep it waxed regularly and it wont fade. I hate faded yellow cars, like that Onvi yellow all the seat's come in, apparently you cant even save onvi yellow by paint correction and reducing oxidation

Gray and I viewed the car this morning.

I have a big decision to make, as it needs a few bits sorting...

- Paintwork could naturally do with a good going over, but i'm always going to be anal about that.
- Belts need doing ASAP (its on 72k and hasn't had them done - AUX belt whining [I think thats what Gray said lol])
- Few other bits need doing to make it 100%. Would be looking at a fair whack to do so.

Decisions decisions. If someone buys my Ph1, then ill take the risk. I don't think id be able to bring myself to do so without though..
So come on guys, buy my Ph1 ;) .

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Craigs sunflower is epic.

Go for it mate few bits and it will be mint. I doubt it will take long to sell the silver one.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol ofcourse mate but I doubt it will take long for the one you have to sell and I doubt the sunflower is going anywhere soon.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nahh. The Sunflower isn't going anywhere. I know that for sure.

Hopefully, someone is coming to view later, so I can get the ball rolling on the Flower ;)

Good luck mate im sure they will take it later so sunflower could be yours very soon you lucky fucker ;)

^ This is my only concern. Atm I have a Ph1 which works perfectly and I have no real issues with it. Ill be moving onto a car that straight away would need £6-700 worth of work done on it. Asking for problems?
(Dont think its had the belt change - On 70k too, so if/when I do get it, I would drive it straight down to Diamond Motors LOL)

Like what Gray was saying to me earlier too, the Sunflower will hold value a bit better too. Once i've done a good detail on it and had the belts done, it'll be an epic car.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^ This is my only concern. Atm I have a Ph1 which works perfectly and I have no real issues with it. Ill be moving onto a car that straight away would need £6-700 worth of work done on it. Asking for problems?

The new car (sunflower) may well be mechanical sound, and a good runner. It may however be a turkey.

Why I never traded my 172 in for a trophy a few years back.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd keep the silver one. I know it's hard when you've got your heart set on something, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle and extra outlay for what is the same car.

Sunflower is epic, not 700 quid + epic imo.

If someone buys the silver one, ill risk it for a biscuit. I expect to have problems with whichever anyway, as they're both 11 year old cars.

If it ends up being a turd, ahh well, ill move onto another Clio or something...

EDIT: RDH, you don't know how much ill be paying for the Sunflower though. ;) . It makes it very tempting at the price.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
It would concern me so much I would walk away. My thoughts would be if the owner hasn't done something as important as a belt change then what else has been neglected.

I see what you mean. This is the debate i'm having with myself atm. Alot of people who aren't enthusiasts though don't see this stuff as necessary. He's had it serviced every year at our local garage, which shows a bit of pride in it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
EDIT: RDH, you don't know how much ill be paying for the Sunflower though. ;) . It makes it very tempting at the price.
True. A couple of hundred quid and I'd certainly go for it. Anything above that and I'd have to think really hard!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe he just hasnt got a clue on the engine and didnt realise it should have already had another belt change.
If you look at what james had done with the car I now own you can see what you can turn a heap into. And now I am the owner I have to say he did an amazing job runs just as well as my 182 did.

Imo if you really really want to get a sunflower clio then go for it as now could be your best chance. Aslong as the work carried out and the price of the car doesnt come over 2k Its worth it all day long.