ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Approaching someone to buy their car?

Thanks Adam. Good insight there. The only thing that urgently needs sorting is the belts, which i've already spoken to Mick at Diamond Motors about. Id basically drive it straight to him LOL.
I do think that he is the type of person that doesn't really know much about cars and how to properly look after them. This could be a massive bargain for me.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Like you say theres nothing to say that you couldnt get a £300+ bill for the silver one 3k miles down the line. Its an old french hatch there all going to get problems from time to time.

Heck if you dont have it I might even be interested in a few weeks ;) (this will deffinatly motivate you to buy it now lol)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. You'd have to find out where it is first ;)

True though. Its the risk we run with 11 year old cars. Its the fact that it already has a handful of issues.

Haha well if you wasnt buying it then you would have to be greedy to not share the contact details ;)

Yeah I suppose its easy for me to sit here saying this but It would be a little harder to actually take the plunge no doubt.

Yup, it is a big decision. If my Ph1 sells, then ill have it. If it doesn't, ill be happy with the one i've got, as i'm very fond of the car anyway.

Nahh, id probably hook someone up if they really wanted it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks Adam. Good insight there. The only thing that urgently needs sorting is the belts, which i've already spoken to Mick at Diamond Motors about. Id basically drive it straight to him LOL.
I do think that he is the type of person that doesn't really know much about cars and how to properly look after them. This could be a massive bargain for me.

Without meaning to scare you, there is no such thing as a bargain of a ph1, not if you're a car freak like I am.

Any ph1 that hasn't been looked after anally, will need work. By the time you do belts, refresh all of the bushes/suspension/bottom arms/track rod ends, then give it a full service.... You're upto £1000 worth of work alone. Thats before you notice anything else along the way.

Unless you bought the car for £100, its no bargain. Or unless of course you were buying one just a run around and you weren't interested in keeping it up together.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Without meaning to scare you, there is no such thing as a bargain of a ph1, not if you're a car freak like I am.

Any ph1 that hasn't been looked after anally, will need work. By the time you do belts, refresh all of the bushes/suspension/bottom arms/track rod ends, then give it a full service.... You're upto £1000 worth of work alone. Thats before you notice anything else along the way.

Unless you bought the car for £100, its no bargain. Or unless of course you were buying one just a run around and you weren't interested in keeping it up together.

But atleast then with all new bushes suspension etc it will be as tight as a nuns c**t ;)

^ True Daniel. As you say, that's the same for all Ph1's.

Overall though, with the sale of mine, it will cost me a minimal amount of money, which kinda makes it worth taking the chance.

Just buy it.

Get the belts done. If it's still s**t and it f***s up every week, then get rid in 6months and buy something else. Lesson learned.

You're just going to drive past it everyday and moan on here/facebook about how you wish you had it. If it costs you some money, so what. It's what you want.

Nothing at the mo :(
It isn't that low, but it is very cheap for the rarity of it etc. If the belts were done recently, I would have handed him the cash there and then LOL.

So your saying its the same price as a normal 172, but you think your egtting a bargain cause its yellow.

I would never buy a car thats been sitting for years, unless i got it for £200

This does seem an awful lot of effort for the same car in a worse colour..
Don't say that... :(

I do think that once the belts are done and a couple little bits, it'll be pretty spot on, minus some minor issues with it which come with all 11 year old cars.

I wont be losing anything, so I might aswell give it a risk. If its a shed, its a shed.