ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARB Diameters 172 / 182 / Cup

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
I've been searching to find out what the OE ARB diameters are for 172 / 172 Cup / 182 / 182 Cup but haven't managed to find what I'm after. I see that the Whiteline rear is 18mm.

Will 182 Cup ARBs fit on a stock Ph2 172?

Thanks in advance, AndyC

Clio Mk2 Ph3
Front ARB-All clio sport models(172-182) 25mm!
Rear ARB-All clio sport 172, 22.2mm!
Rear ARB-All clio sport 182, 23.4mm(Renault says 24mm)!

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Many thanks for that information :)

Some further research indicated that the rear bars might not removable, so it seems that it's a moot point but good to know though.

Seems that the Whiteline is the only way forwards... Might have to research insurance implications.

Clio Mk2 Ph3
Many thanks for that information :)

Some further research indicated that the rear bars might not removable, so it seems that it's a moot point but good to know though.

Seems that the Whiteline is the only way forwards...
Yes.Rear arb,is built in, the axle beam.

Clio Mk2 Ph3
P2140484.jpg

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Ressurecting an old thread...

Does anyone know the ARB diameters for non-sport cars? From the bushes that are available, the fronts are 23mm diameter but I'm looking at how the rears compare to the sport.

Also, there appear to be 2 types of outer ARB bushes for the sport - 22mm and 23mm. Can anyone shed any light on which models have which (I assume that 172 Cup / 182 Cup Chassis) are the larger ones but we all know what assumptions lead to.

I'm considering getting a 182 rear beam for the 172, as it's running 182 Cup springs and dampers on the rear anyway (in combination with 172 Cup front stuff), so may have a spare 172 rear beam to put on my 1.6, to suit the 182 Cup chassis that's on there :)

Final piece of the puzzle is the FARB and whether I can upgrade the 172 one at the same time and then swap that on to the 1.6 with some 182 Cup lower arms that I have lying about... lots of options!

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
To answer my own question. Non Sport 1.6 16v has a 25mm diameter FARB and ~19mm RARB in the rear beam. I believe that the 1.2 has a thinner FARB but have not got one to measure...