ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arch cleaning?

172 cup
Right I'm looking at cleaning under my arches ive read a few threads here and there and it's seems Tardis and g101 are what people recommend but my question is will I need both if anyone could let me no that would be great cheers

Megane R26
Yes you will - G101 is an all purpose cleaner/degreaser which you will use to remove general dirt and grime. Tardis will take care of the chunks of road tar which will be under there.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just some Daisy APC from Tesco will do .. spray it on .. mash it about with a brush of some sorts then attack with a pressure washer or hose. Make sure you scrape the crap out the outer most edge where it all sits (rears).

Decent brushes required as well. Remember to get some decent protection on all parts as well, making it easier to clean next time (metal polish, plastic trim gels etc).

BMW E46 330i Touring
The Melody brush looks, essentially, like a toilet brush. Can I use a poundstretcher toilet brush for my arches or am I obliged to pay detailing scene tax?

When you down in the SW JD?

Just some Daisy APC from Tesco will do .. spray it on .. mash it about with a brush of some sorts then attack with a pressure washer or hose. Make sure you scrape the crap out the outer most edge where it all sits (rears).

This.

It's an utterly pointless exercise though tbh.

Seat Ibiza
This.

It's an utterly pointless exercise though tbh.

You think?
I cant stand looking at a awesomely clean car and then looking in the arches to see 5 years of farmers muck!!
I dont think id spend hours doing it but...a little clean would help :)

Ads_172 where abouts in exeter you from? Im just up the road in Cullompton.

I just blast them with a pressure washer and clean the inner rim part briefly.

Thing is they just get dirty again so easily, alas so does my car, f***ing dust :mad:

To add to this, do you detailing gods apply some form of sealant to the arches?
Ill be doing a full on detail on the 200 soon and first job up is to clean/seal the wheels and whilst im at it, thought I might aswell give the arches a good going over and potentially apply sealant to make it easier in future.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Imo it's not worth it but JD recently did his.

You'll find no professional detailer seals the arches with anything, they only blacken them.

Chem guys bare bones is very good and repels dirt/water for a little while.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If I bought new liners i'd layer protectant on them but i'd never care about old ones once clean. Some Bare bones will keep them nice and black for a bit.

As Marc @ Heavenly said the product won't last long taking that sort of abuse.

C4 on the arch liners will last a long long time. The FK, not sure. Motor Shine is a great product, but bloody expensive, comparitively.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I tend to start with Megs degreaser, then followed by some Tardis/possible APC.

One dried off, CG new look trim gel makes em come up like a treat

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never been too fussed on arches because they get dirty instantly.
from my experience the most important factor is the bruch. Make it a very stiff bristled one.
Last time I used a home made concoction of wheel cleaner, snow foam (for cling), tar remover, and fair liquid. Did the job well enough for me.

Wish I had those carpeted arches.

303 aerospace seems to work well on the plastics and lasts a while as well, well did on the astra and just done the clio so will see how long it holds up for

Sprint 172
Motor Shine is a great product, but bloody expensive, comparitively.

I've done multiple coats on all 4 arches and have used half of a £25 can. Another benefit to Motor Shine is that you can do the painted areas under the arch too, along with dampers, springs, hubs etc. Very easy to do as it's an aerosol.
complete1.gif

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed mate, very good product all round for stuff like that, I found similar for my new suspension at half the rpice so I went with that.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'll have a go at that Motor shine stuff after my damper refurb. Maybe get them powder coated as well..