ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Clio 182 Back In The Club

Clio 200 Raider
Well another 182 back in the club.

Well after a year of selling my titanium clio 182 and after recently seeing it back for sale i decided i wanted to get another cliosport again. JamesJ15 bought his titanium clio 182 of the guy i sold it too last year, and to be fair to him i asked him if i could buy it back and he agreed, but now after looking i found this example and decided it was a good price in my opinion so made the deal happen and came home with this last Sunday.

So im back in a another clio sport this time arctic 182 this is my 3rd cliosport over the years.

previous owners threads for this car

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/re...-arctic-blue-£1900-sold.767729/#post-10641395

Even though i have my 272hp megane i just always love coming back to clios there so much fun and i still think for a b road blast there awesome.

This time around im looking at possibility of tracking it next summer but we will see.

Drove it first time today since getting it back on Sunday to see what was what and i think some decent rubber on the front is a must also play in ball joints were on the mot advisory so these will be getting checked when i have the time.

some pics:

IMG_9045_zpscjnmqxpi.jpg

IMG_9034_zpsbomlt93w.jpg

IMG_9063_zpszergbobo.jpg

IMG_9065_zpsjkrvbf5o.jpg

IMG_9067_zpsq8jl3udt.jpg

IMG_9069_zpswxqliqyk.jpg

IMG_9072_zpsduhtwmfr.jpg

IMG_9074_zpsy0nmxwkc.jpg

IMG_9075_zpshkfpgt4b.jpg

IMG_9046_zpsnf6vsacg.jpg

so far all i have done is put a new panel filter in as it had a dirty standard one in.

Next plans are:

• Debadge rear as i dont like the 2 different fonts of the renault sport and clio writing, in its place is going the new rs sport badge where the clio badge is.
  • Decent tyres
  • health check on ramps and see where we go from there

Clio 200 Raider
New badge on and back seats taken out this will be a slow project but hoping for good things.

015af465264f49500bfb00f4504dc950.jpg

b9a04aa32ffa2f3828e9ddd874f15734.jpg

780116310c3fb76dd4cae455ebf45f97.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Lol at my kids rubbish in the back. They want their s**t back! Car looks great, looks like it's been looked after since I sold it .

Clio 200 Raider
Lol i still need to clear the rubbish to be fair but found all sorts chocolate eggs a poppy, figurines, hair bobbles oh and a quid haha

The guy i bought it off had kids so i assumed it was his stuff but clearly its being accumulating over time

Managed to get car on my mates ramps last night to check condition of car as i felt it was handling like a sack of s**t to be honest.

From what i can see it needs:

New front tyres as they are practically bald and worn unevenly on the inside shoulder
New cv boots and new shocks
Ball joints aswell
Brakes discs and pads all round
Then full tracking set up
Oil and filter change

Hopefully when the above is done it should be handling great again

Theres also a slight oil leak from the gear selector. This will get sorted aswell and also the washer fluid has been leaking out the headlight washers and the airbag light is on. I greased the bonnet catch aswell.

I also put the cat back on yesterday as the yozza with decat was too loud even when my seats were in it plus its easier come mot time so kill 2 birds wih one stone there and i also think that decat on these cars is counterproductive just induces flat spots (im not technical but something to do with backpressure/velocity of flow?)

The cat wasnt the best fit so my tailpipes are sitting in a bit more than they are on the photos above which is annoying.

81e76e2a9d8d4f98980eb4612ad105cd.jpg

12aba68af16970d0ee455c5eba4382ba.jpg

Future plans my list gets bigger lol

Dewiper
Decent tyres
Suspension/brake refresh
Coilovers
Probably 15 inch wheels
Steering wheel
Strut braces

Clio 200 Raider
Had my emissions checked by a friend now ive installed the new cat. Emissions look fine which is good to know

Also fitted new pollen filter as other one was pretty black!

Ordered new standard brake pads for now which ill wait to fit once ive got other bit and new brake discs

dc3b45a9e31ea95f57555a34abcf8c08.jpg

7c52a47fe2ea1f9f425f20707761cf0a.jpg

Small video of the yozza catback

Clio 200 Raider
Havent really driven the car recently but ordered some bits tonight.

Front brake discs already got pads.
Rear boot mat to go in place of my rear seats just so it looks a bit tidier.
Elf Oil and filter
Track rod ends and ball joints
2 new front tyres.
French flag for front grill

Looking whether to go coilovers or new springs and shocks. Cant decide yet, but car definately needs shocks.

Got 2 new driveshafts to go on the car aswell.

Clio 200 Raider
Really not sure mate, whats the best cheapest ones that are half decent would you say?
Im tempted my ktec as they seem a good price but i know they get a bit slated on here for being soft.
Think i just like the idea of coilovers for the time being.

Had cooksports on all previous clios so fancy a change.
Im guessing most will say decent oem shocks and springs or better coilovers and defo not ktec.
But are they really that bad? I guess it depends what i do with the car lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ktec ones are another brand but have the benefit of being more expensive iirc. I've had raceland coilovers on a cup for a very short time as they were harsh. I've had fk konigsports on a phase 1 which were good. Had the b14's on a track car and they were ace. Depending on budget and what you want out of them I'd opt for the b14's, tried by many and rated. The gaz ones are supposed to be good too, never used them though. As you say a refresh with decent springs is a safe option. I've had apex with cup shocks on a cup and really liked them. But others on here would rather commit a crime than fit them. But as a nice set up the bilsteins imo.

Clio 200 Raider
Thanks mate really informative post. I did look at apex springs funnily enough with new shocks just to freshen it up for the time being as its really not handling great right now so something needs to change.
I may sway towards that and save up for decent coilovers, will have a think.

Does anybody know if this is the right gearbox oil?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/151610836645

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yep 75-80. Speak to opie oils too mate.
Will you be tracking the car? Only ask as an oem set up with new springs will be great

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What you looking budget wise. If it's coilovers just save a bit more and get decent ones.

Clio 200 Raider
Not sure probably no more than £500 i know that doesnt leave me with any choice so like you say may be best saving up for coilovers.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Love a clean artic looking good n plans sound great pal all I will say is keep clear of vmaxx coilovers unless you don't mind a hard drive

Clio 200 Raider
Well not much of an update had a good clean today

Sorry not great pics you get the idea.

Put 2 front tyres on as the fronts were completely shot, this has sorted the handling no end, whichs shows how shot they were.
Was going to change them last after the suspension but needed doing urgently.

I bought 2 cheap landsail tyres as the rears were landsail and had plenty of meat left so didnt want to chuck them for now, so replaced the front.

Yes not the best tyres but as i dont use the car much and front were well gone they are fine plus i hate mismatched tyres.

Looking to get it booked in with mick at diamond soon as lots of bits to do but just sorting out what i need doing in priority.
Ive bought lots of bits so will be updated soon once i have changed stuff.

9a7068ca890111ecd5bea1fa6dc85f76.jpg
b9debc91fd50c38092a404a182cb4d42.jpg
8e76d6ab8dd805cefa9dad582c7437d3.jpg
f1dc2c3e7d6c0b9b708be8e10413acad.jpg
f5501f9ec5cab030343ff46cb8a78b53.jpg
686e3aa6b830c5a9e4dd6cab15308568.jpg
180290b4d378cd2bdd39c1d62f0ad836.jpg
7a821f2624ab8fcbb7e051d3133c46ab.jpg
893fa099c8e2d8358a3d08cbf163648f.jpg

Clio 200 Raider
I found landsail to be a god awful tyre.

Yep that wouldnt suprise me as they are cheap tyres but they will do for now it was more a case of changing them for safety and keeping same tyres all round to satisfy my ocd.

the other ones were so shot these actually feel ok at the minute lol