ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Clio 172 Cups Reliable?

Civic VTI
Hey folks, Just signed upto this forum and i currently drive a Honda Civic vti 97. and ive had no problems at all since i got it!

Im gonna sell it and hopefully get a clio sport 172 Cup. question i want to know is...

1. Are they a reliable car? (On a scale of 1 to 10 how reliable)

2. What are the common problems (big or small) with the 172 cups?

Thanks
Dogzy

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
Mot on the rear breaks are a bugger mine only gave out something like 20%
Not sure on common problems really had mine about a year now and not a problem with it.few nigly bits like Handbrake .
Been told the rear springs rust and break so look out for them just have a look at them.(might be wrong though) sure sumone will point out if i am .
Hope this helps

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mot on the rear breaks are a bugger mine only gave out something like 20%
Not sure on common problems really had mine about a year now and not a problem with it.few nigly bits like Handbrake .
Been told the rear springs rust and break so look out for them just have a look at them.(might be wrong though) sure sumone will point out if i am .
Hope this helps

Isn't that to do with the cup not having ABS?

Engine mounts are a weak spot on 172's aswell.

Civic VTI
Well i'll defo be looking to put a good set of coilovers on it anyway so the springs will be gone lol!

Engine mounts arent that expensive to fix though are they? (at least from what i know lol)

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
Yes vosa put a section on their website .right hassle during mot time had to print out the section and have a nice word and they changed pads and were happy with that.
Although i wasnt happy as pads wernt even low or gone hard.

clio 172 cup
my engine mounts are knocking when i drive fast
speedo went off £40 sensor
thats it 20months ownership not bad eh!
i think it really is pick of the draw mate.

as above, think there's an element of luck in buying s/h. had a fair amount of trouble with mine but, having been through and sorted it all (touch wood), it doesn't seem to have been unreliable of late