ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARE CLIO 182/TROPHYS BOYRACER CARS

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Also the worst car you can possibly try to do up... lexus lights chrome wiper, sunstrip, etc etc is a clio, if you wanna do that, get a saxo!

unless your a girl of course, they get away with it

182 6/7k+ trophy around 10ish. . .a 'boy racer' tends to have a car much cheaper. . .clios at that price arnt b.racer cars imo

I think to your avergae person in the street (not bothered about cars), the Clio's not going to look boyracer-ish. A 182 with Cup packs and in a lurid colour might do a little, but it's still not attention seeking.

Clio MK 4
boy racer to me is a chav in a shite heavly modified saxo/corsa/clio etc wich are all 1.0litres to 1.6's .

In my eyes a 172/182 is not in that category as they dont look tacky with bodykits. plus those chavs cant afford it nor the insurance!

Actually a RB with stripes could look boyracerish to the average person.

My old man thinks my 172 is boyracerish, but that only because he knows there is a 2.0 engine in it. If I showed it to him and told him it was a 1.2 he'd think it was a nice runaround.

RB 200 Cup!
boy racer to me is a chav in a s**te heavly modified saxo/corsa/clio etc wich are all 1.0litres to 1.6's .

In my eyes a 172/182 is not in that category as they dont look tacky with bodykits. plus those chavs cant afford it nor the insurance!

most chavvy little t***s dont bother with insurance :mad:

boy racer cars to me = 5 turbo, saxo, punto, the rs turbos, xr2/3i, st170, things like that.

blacked out windows, large exhaust, stupidly loud embarrasing stereo, bolt on aftermarket spoiler, stickers or stupid paint work on them, sometimes reasonably good cars to begin with, but turned into sheds with stupid mods....or the worse kind, there dads old k reg toyota with massive alloys/spoiler/stereo added.

who needs bucket seats in a car with 80bhp?

that kinda thing, if your car is standard then i dont think of it as a boy racer car.

i would say a 1*2 is a car for a maturer, discerning driver who may have a hint of boyracer in there blood ;-)

(coming from a man with blacked out windows and a previous vtr owner)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
i think the trophy never will become a boyracers car for its track pedigreeeeeeee. Give it 2 years a im sure boyracers will get their hands on Rs clios for sure. Its geting seriously cheap to buy a ph1 172 despite high insurance premiums i still think a boyracer could afford one.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would not consider my 182 a boy racer car at all.
if i saw someone with a massive body kit, neons, huge spoiler, dump valve noise, stickers all over it and a 4inch twin ehaust or something stupid, driving it like a complete t**t, then yes, i would class it as a boy racer car.
i think 'boy racer' is more how its driven and how it is styled that makes it boy racer!
just my opinion tho, sorry if anyone takes offence.
actually...
no im not sorry at all :p

Astra van,Mk1 nova
some one should point out that a 182 is not a nova, corsa, saxo.
boy racers in my opinion drive crap cars that are worth about a grand.
anyone seen a 182 for a grand????

What a silly thing to say!, i have a corsa and a mk1 nova and i bought them for no where near £1000. There well looked after cars an not boyracer material. Just because a car is cheap doesnt mean its no good, my 172 cup is probably the most fragile car i have and it was the most expensive:rolleyes:

Clio 172 mk2
Well, judging by some of the driving exhibited by 182 drivers I'd say they're fast becoming boy race material.

Money isn't an issue anymore...we live in a country where everything can be put 'on the slab'

titanium 182,
pmsl at this thread its a hot hatch therfore its a boy racers car full stop.
if this bothers you then you obviously are not a true petrol head but more a pub kudos man