ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are we Chavs

Guys, ive been thinking - we all take the mick out of chavs, you know, the burberry w**k stains that we all see hanging out outside of macdonalds with their three 14 year old wives and their chavved up fords but does that make us chavs?

You see, we like to mod our cars but is there a level at which we go from enthusiasts to chavs - i love my valver but i have opted to keep it standard appart from the green cotton air filter that i had fitted which makes it sound awesome. No stupid exhausts, no stupid wheels, no massive sound system and no blacked out windows and stickers. Ive done this because i dont want to be called a chav and yet there are so many on this site that dis chavs and yet have cars that are chav mobiles.

So, it would therefore seem that although we sl*g chavs off, there are a great many of you that have cars that carry those attributes that make a car chavish.

Not dissing, or complaining, i just wanted to see what you guys thought were the acceptable boundaries before we become chav scum............ and im bored.

ta

I just think subtle is the way to go, staying away from the so called chavish culture u mentioned. Being wondering about that an all.

Yaris Hybrid

Anyone here whose car is unmodifed is not a chav.

Anyone with a modfied car is a chav.

If the modified car is a Valver, Willy, 172/Cup/182 then you are a just a normal chav.

If your modified car is a not one of those sports models and is instead a Dynamique or the likes then you are a super chav.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 October 2004

If the modified car is a Valver, Willy, 172/Cup/182 then you are a just a normal chav.

If your modified car is a not one of those sports models and is instead a Dynamique or the likes then you are a super chav.

You are talking sh*te, tuning my williams makes me a chav? PMSL

Very true mate - i was in my local uni newsagent today and looking at max power and i realised just how many people on here have cars like the ones shown - they look awful and yet people say how cool they are when............. they arent!

500bhp Scoob

chav this chav that..

getting a wee bit boring if u ask me.

[Edited by Mole on 28 October 2004 at 9:46pm]

people worry about other peoples lives way too much. when infact their own life could actually be not much better

rsturbo and a xr3i

mmm so this must make me a chav cause my car is modified . oh dear im a respectable married women with 3 children all to the same father own my own home etc. but i like modified cars why does that make me a chav ??

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 28 October 2004

Couldnt have put it better myself

FM

Lol, good call fella, so if u mod ur car in anyway ur a chav?, that has to be the most dumb thing ive heard 4 a while that, lol

BMW X5

That is absolute sh*te mate.....

Jus because of the engine size ur giving people different levels of "chavness?". Thats rediculous. So if there is a 172 with the same mods as a 1.2, the 1.2 is worse because their car is slower? Rubbish. Yr jus too far stuck up your own ass mate.

Ford Fiesta

disagree Im not going to be saying anyone is more or less chav by how fast their car is, that truly is chavtastic folks. "Chav" is a cliche now, overused.

Anyone under 25 that liks cars, particularly hot hatches is likely to be called a boy racer by the rest of the world. some people seem to use chav and they thinki it is another word for boy racer!

For me a chav has more to do with anti-social behaviour than any kind of specific interest group e.g car modders.

A chav is someone that goes to the pub at the weekend and football game looking for & causing trouble. A chav is the git who hangs around the village shops with other chavs giving lip to others going about thier private business. A chav is the c*nt that hangs round B&Q car park at night doing burn-outs with his sh*t system up, f**king off all the luxury flat brigade.

Chav is a derogatory term, it certainly aint cool so lets keep it that way. There is a reson why "chav scum" rolls of the tonge - All chavs are scum.

I think tuning and modding are different - in the way that a finely tuned clio is amazing, but doesnt look like a mess.

On the other hand, some visually modified cars will attract the chav title, purely because 99% of chavs would love a (very badly) modded car. Doesnt mean to say that 99% of people with modded cars are chavs though, if you get my jist!

leon cupra R

lol as long as your not wearing burberry, rockport , and speak like a totall tw*t then your not a kev or a chav

Quote: Originally posted by fastwunz on 28 October 2004

Guys, ive been thinking - we all take the mick out of chavs, you know, the burberry w**k stains that we all see hanging out outside of macdonalds with their three 14 year old wives and their chavved up fords but does that make us chavs?

You see, we like to mod our cars but is there a level at which we go from enthusiasts to chavs - i love my valver but i have opted to keep it standard appart from the green cotton air filter that i had fitted which makes it sound awesome. No stupid exhausts, no stupid wheels, no massive sound system and no blacked out windows and stickers. Ive done this because i dont want to be called a chav and yet there are so many on this site that dis chavs and yet have cars that are chav mobiles.

So, it would therefore seem that although we sl*g chavs off, there are a great many of you that have cars that carry those attributes that make a car chavish.

Not dissing, or complaining, i just wanted to see what you guys thought were the acceptable boundaries before we become chav scum............ and im bored.

ta
Not going to get into the argument about whether a modded car is chav or not, because people spend a LOT of time and money doing so and get rightly p1ssed when people diss their creation.

I think it is more popular with the younger crowd though and I can remember my very first car when Id just turn 17. A mk1 ford fester 950 popular, I remember enquiring about the price of xr2 alloys and the like because I wanted more respect on the road, and because all teenage boys NEED attention. Yet its so obvious that a fake performance car is a wannabe and as you grow older and insurance becomes cheaper, and (for me at least) you develope a personality rather than the teenage look at me way of getting noticed, steath cars become mre appealing.

Personal preference, not trying to upset anyone, but for me, if a car doesnt look right as standard, I dont like it full stop.

Never modded my williams or my valver, and certainly wont be modding the LCR, because I chose a car that doesnt need it. But im sure many of you will disagree...

But itd be a dull world if we all liked the same thing!

I think any car a particular person in this case burbury wearing basball cap drivers own makes then chavs. If they drove absolutly normal Ladas that would make the Lada a chav car if they drove Skylines then they would be chav cars. Its the actions of the owners which make the cars not the cars themselves.

Im safe from being a Chav though absolutly no mods what so ever on my car.

Valver

Yeah I agree, I think youre getting boy racer and chav mixed up!

17 + Short/no hair + burberry cap + never had sex with a girl over 14 + 2 kids = chav

Oh and drives with the seat fully reclined with the forearm fully over the steering wheel trying to kiss the windscreen ;)

what are you talking about - chav has nothing to do with what car you drive and what you do to it!

If you check out what chav actually means you will see no mention of cars - so therefore chavs either dont drive or drive illegally!

I am getting sick of all the chavness on this site. People are getting totally confused about what a chav is. As has been stated a chav is a scummy b*****d that hangs around street corners, causing trouble and mayhem. People on this site that mod their cars are not chavs. It might be a bit chavish if they bodge the mod, but generally people on the site spend alot of time and money on their cars to get them looking right.

My dad is 46, and he owns a ST24, that has been modified. It has a kit on and had the engine tuned, it is a subtle kit but none the less it is a kit. Does that make him a chav - respectable self employed man, married, 3 children, owns his house etc etc.

You cant just put everybody in the same category just because they have what you deem to be a chav trait. You can always spot a chav and i cant say i have seen any on here yet (well maybe MikeC, but he is gay anyway!)

Yeah even though the chavs love my car, none of it has been bodged. All done professionally. But shes got a kit, holographic sponsor stickers, lowered, hefty system in the boot, a fat exhaust and a set of 15"s, and shes a 1.2. I dont see myself as scum who sits around the streets and causes mayhem, yeah I go to McDonalds to see mates and sit in the shell garage but I dont scream abuse at passers by.

I think the chav car is the banger they got for £50, go some stupid spoiler which dont fit, 2 fast 2 furious stickers all over it and the lastest free gifts from max power, redline, revs and various other modders mags.

Call my car what you want but I deffo aint a chav.

Thank you

Sez x

A chav is the c*nt that hangs round B&Q car park at night doing burn-outs with his sh*t system up, f**king off all the luxury flat brigade.

=================================================

A chav is the c*nt that hangs round B&Q car park at night doing burn-outs with his sh*t system up, f**king off all the luxury flat brigade.

=================================================

^^^^^Superb!!!!...long live the chav!!!...makes life interesting

call me what you like, im just me, put me in a box if it makes you feel more secure within yourself, personally I dont feel the need to have to identify people by putting them into categories, its racist and basically b***ox.

BMW 320d Sport

No no youve all got it wrong...a chav wouldnt even own a car. Thats just a dream to a chav. No, the only realistic prospect of private transport that a chav has is a SCOOTER.

Anyone who is under 20 and rides a scooter should be locked up automatically. My opinion is either get the bus or walk. THere is no excuse for hanging around in a tracksuit with your helmet pushed up over your forehead, revving your scooter up that sounds like a very loud irritating wasp.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Just because youve got a modded car doesnt make you a chav! As an Oxford graduate with 3 kids and a fat salary Im arrogant enough to know that Im not a chav :devilish:

However, the reverse is not true. You can be chav and own a modded car. Just need to go to my local BK drive-thru on a week-day evening to see young chavs with *ahem* slammed Saxos (;)) surrounded by a swarm of scooter riding chavs causing mayhem and mess.

However strange reality is that probably theyre really all kids from reasonably well off families ... wearing the chav uniform and playing at chav. With all the press wont be long until chav = the new yuppy :confused:

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by FN04 XZE on 28 October 2004

I think tuning and modding are different - in the way that a finely tuned clio is amazing, but doesnt look like a mess.

On the other hand, some visually modified cars will attract the chav title, purely because 99% of chavs would love a (very badly) modded car. Doesnt mean to say that 99% of people with modded cars are chavs though, if you get my jist!
Congratulations, you were the only person that read what I said properly.

Tuning a Willy/182 or whatever is fine. The sort of thing I would expect many people to do to improve their trackday times. I can also understand your average 1.2 owner wanting a bit more power and maybe less soggy suspension.

Anyone making purely cosmetic changes to the Willy is a twonk in my opinion and deserves to be called a Chav as the Willy is a classic just like the Mk1 Golf so any mods that arent purely for performance are a crime. Same applies to a 182, wanting to change the way it looks is pure Chav. Renault paid a professional designer to pen those cars so why do "Wayne" and his friends think they can do better? And dont talk to me about "personalising", "art" or "originality", they all do the same gay mods so that one chav mobile looks just like another.

Of course the worse chavs in my opinion are those that try to make Dynamiques look like Renaultsports. I respect Dynamiques and the like for what they are and would never look down on them, but as soon as someone starts trying to make it look like a 172 they instantly become a super chav! Its just daft. Save your money, dont invalidate your insurance and within a couple of years you can get the real thing. I know because thats exactly what I did.

Making a Renaultsport look like a Dynamique though is pure class in my opinion.

Not a Clio

if you follow what they say on the parkers forum, anyone under the age of 30 who modifies their car in any way shape or form is a chav.

LY 200

You are talkin sh*te mate!!

My valvers got 17s is lowered 60 and has a few performance mods and that makes me a chav does it!!??Lol

Even bodykits can be an acception to many as they are usually 17/18 and its the only way to make there 1.2s different!!

Yaris Hybrid

Read my posting at 13:02. In particular consider carefully your statement about making a car look "different".

Also if the handling and ride quality are now worse than standard trim then you you have made a cosmetic mod that has compromised performance and if that aint the definition of a chav then I dunno what is!

Cheers

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 October 2004

Read my posting at 13:02. In particular consider carefully your statement about making a car look "different".

Also if the handling and ride quality are now worse than standard trim then you you have made a cosmetic mod that has compromised performance and if that aint the definition of a chav then I dunno what is!

Cheers

Mate your a c**k and havnt got any idea!!

Who said the ride quality of my car is now worse than before?? It was was done to handle better and look smarter and imo it does, only a person with chav on the brain like yourself would think it didnt!!

So you sayin the cup on here with 17" white turinis is chav because imo it looks nice as!! Or are cups excluded from this???;)

Just because you put 17s on a car to look nice it makes you a rudey because it may lose a bit of performance!!!???Lol:confused:

Cheers

Ford Fiesta

chav has just gone in the english dictionary hasnt it? sure it dont mention cars.

the only "mods" ive done to my clios are stuff like silver vision and stuff because it IMPROVES the look of the car.

"Bueaty is in the eye of the be..." and all that. If someone wants to "do their car up" surely doesnt make them a chav.

Chavs are thieving pikey scum bag, dole hoggers who smoke dope and nick each others methodone and go round causing trouble.

not just boys and girls into cars.

**** me the definition of chav has evolved out of all control on this site, lol.

Chav and pikey now seem to = the same. ffs i used to enjoy this website

But it reminds me of how i went from being a clio fanatic to not wanting anything to do with them, and a lot of that had to do with the mentality of some of the people on this site...

Sorry to all the decent peeps and old skoolers here, jill, jas, hippy, etc mike an all... too much testosterone now and crap threads for the sake of it

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 30 October 2004

**** me the definition of chav has evolved out of all control on this site, lol.

Chav and pikey now seem to = the same. ffs i used to enjoy this website

But it reminds me of how i went from being a clio fanatic to not wanting anything to do with them, and a lot of that had to do with the mentality of some of the people on this site...

Sorry to all the decent peeps and old skoolers here, jill, jas, hippy, etc mike an all... too much testosterone now and crap threads for the sake of it

This is part of the problem on the site IMO. The old skoolers can do what they like to their cars and it is deemed as cool/smart/wicked what ever you want to call it. Just because they all drive 172/182/V6s but if somebody new comes on and has modded their cars at all they are called chavs. People seem to be taking this whole chav thing to far. You wont find any chavs on this forum at all!!! Reason being is they are all down the local street corner with kids in prams, beer in hand and shouting abuse at people. None of them even own a computer, they cant afford one! Thats why they are called ChavSCUM, the word SCUM should give you all an idea of the type of person a chav is.

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.phphttp://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.php

check that out on how to spot a chav!