ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are yokey A539's really off the market??

Clio DCi 100
A couple of months back my front tyres were lookin a little sorry for themselves so i took the car in to hav another set of A539's put on and they said they were no longer made....

They put on the new equivilent (the S-Drive) and now my car handles like rubbish, the front tyres don't grip nearly half as well in the wet they're as crap as my old pirellis! :dapprove:

I'm really gutted cos they were expensive, are A539's really no longer obtainable? I'd kill for a set lol my needed size is 195/45/16, they were the business, as good in the wet as they were in the dry imo

i thought they were great too - well over 100k on them - some people seem to expect to be able to go just as quickly in the wet as in the dry..:rolleyes:

anyway, you might get lucky by calling round looking for old stock; i'll bet there'll be quite a few left - just a matter of hunting them down.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had 2 fitted in dec as well just to match the rears that where already on my car, dont really rate them. Always knew they had stopped making them though.

Rally Cinquecento
The best replacement is the parada. Ive been told that they are better than 539's in the wet as they have a better tyre pattern to get rid of the water. Might be looking for some instead of my Kuhmos anytime soon

a thirsty one
heard parada have some issues in the dry though under hard use ripping blocks of tread off.

i used a539s for a few years and was happy with them for grip v price as for hunting around for old stock i would much rather get a new fresh tyre than some old rubber thats been lying around for 12 months.

alfa 145/Clio 197cup
I had a full set of pradas on mine and they were great in the dry.

But leathal in the wet.

I use em on the rear only in the dry now, i like the way they move around a little