ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you 19 with a RS?

I had my first RS at 19 a black ph1 however it was garages as a project. To insure it, it would of been £2,300. Sod that.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I got quotes on a Trophy with 2 years NCB at 19, £1800 - just couldn't justify spending it so got a different car for a year.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Don't be a goth Luke, I wanted to see how much people are paying at the age of 19, how is that pointless?

Lol at goth. Eh?

It's pointless as insurance isn't a product that bases rates solely on age. What you pay and what Jim Bob who lives on a farm in the middle of Cornwall pays will be completely different. There are so many variables; age, vehicle, location, ncd, claims and convictions, accident history, additional drivers, use of vehicle, level of cover, annual milage, etc, etc. All of these things will in turn effect the premium.

E46 M3, Clio 182
im 19 with a 182, just renewed my insurance (15th of NOV) with 2 years NCB @£1500 fully comp. I admit it is quite a bit, but if you can afford to then why not? :)

E46 M3, Clio 182
im 19 with a 182, just renewed my insurance (15th of NOV) with 2 years NCB @£1500 fully comp. I admit it is quite a bit, but if you can afford to then why not? :)

Also, if i was to have the "black box" installed to monitor my driving ect. it would have been £1000.

Megane 225
im 20 with no ncb got a 182 insured in my name with parents as named drivers and im paying 1700 was 2300 when i was 19 so waited another year. :D

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I got my 182 last December when I was 19, I'm 20 now. I'm very fortunate as the company I work for insure me for there vehicles and added my Clio onto the policy. I wouldn't pay more money to insure the car that what it was worth though.

Trophy #387
Just been quoted £1455 by Elephant for Renewal and £1200 if I was to have a black box installed (Bell by Admiral).

What about for those who go on track?

As this is a Safe Driver policy, dangerous
speeds are treated seriously. As a result,
if the Telematic Unit detects that your
vehicle has been driven at 100mph or
over on a public road, your policy will
be cancelled. We will write to you and
provide you with seven days’ notice
of cancellation before your policy is
terminated.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Not sure if this counts or not, but I'm 19 and I pay just shy of £800 on a Twingo? (Thread title didn't specify which RS it had to be ;))

172 ph1
il probably get stoned off most members on here for this but i bought my first ph1 when i was 19 and to be honest i just said i was doing the usuals...kept in a loced garage overnight only do 4k miles a year etc etc!

Renault 21 turbo
Insurance is crazy these days!!! In 2005 I was 18 and I insured my first 5 gt turbo, all legit with 1 year Ncb and it was £1100 with mods amd was running a strong 180bhp. I feel for newish drivers these days :-/

saying that my 172 cup is fully comp in standard form, properly insured with 8yr ncb and its still £550!! Something needs to be done about these silly prices!

clio 197, 1992 mini
When i was 17 i bought a new saxo 1.1 and had 9 points and paid £1200 insurance then when i was 21 i bought a colt czt 1.5 turbo and i was paying £800 a year with £800 excess got it down to got it down to £645 a year then changed to the clio 197 which is higher insurance group and more powerfull and only paying £450 now but i am 27 now and have 0 points and 8yncd :)

Last edited:
  Trophy #387
il probably get stoned off most members on here for this but i bought my first ph1 when i was 19 and to be honest i just said i was doing the usuals...kept in a loced garage overnight only do 4k miles a year etc etc!

You do realise that putting 4000 miles down is likely to give you a higher premium than putting down that you do 10000 miles...

Pedal power
I'm paying £1300 fully comp, 19, 2years ncb with a 182!
got no idea how you are paying that! I would be over the moon if I got quoted 2500 as that's my limit but no I get quotes for 5200 and that's the cheapest they could do

Racing Blue 182
got no idea how you are paying that! I would be over the moon if I got quoted 2500 as that's my limit but no I get quotes for 5200 and that's the cheapest they could do

I have added my mother onto the policy :eek: and I am also on a multicar which makes it a bit cheaper, but not £3900 cheaper! Don't know why yours is so expensive! Have you tried admiral pal?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's becuase he's at a Liverpool postcode Luke, and you're in Somerset - as per my previous posts. Makes a massive different.

Racing Blue 182
It's becuase he's at a Liverpool postcode Luke, and you're in Somerset - as per my previous posts. Makes a massive different.

Ah sorry Luke, I didn't read most of this thread before posting :eek:

But I am sure that the location difference is a big factor!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
My 200 with 2 years ncb - insured it when i was 19, cost around £1600, my 1.2 TCE quote for renewal, was £1400, it hardly dropped. I only jokingly did the quote for a 200, didnt really intend on getting one at that point as I thought it would be ridiculous. But I could afford it so I did.

The annoying thing about insurance is people either buy a banger and don't insure it as the price is 5 times the value of the car, or every time there is an accident people claim whiplash etc, when it cannot be definitively proved. Insurance to some degree is all abit of a con, typically when you do need them, they dont want to help, but they will happily take your money.

Clio182 RB Blue
Mine is £300 cheaper to put on a driveway instead of a locked garage and to live 2 miles away (my next local town) my insurance goes up £431

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
But you're 42, even before getting to all of your other risk details...?

I'm out.