ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Area Rep Applications

Has to be said the creating events addition is going to make it much easier for people to organise stuff (unsure if it could be done previously?)

Also if you click attend do you get a reminder or anything?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Has to be said the creating events addition is going to make it much easier for people to organise stuff (unsure if it could be done previously?)

Also if you click attend do you get a reminder or anything?

It'll work really well when it's set up to notify anyone in your area.

Had a quick look at the application form and noticed the budget question. I've literally no idea what I'd do with the budget without knowing the amount.

Still debating applying but I'm not sure I can commit with it seeming to be a lot more full on this time round.

Had a quick look at the application form and noticed the budget question. I've literally no idea what I'd do with the budget without knowing the amount.

Still debating applying but I'm not sure I can commit with it seeming to be a lot more full on this time round.

My answer; 'Stickers, everyone loves stickers.'

Or something very close to that!

It really will be a helpful tool once in full swing!

Part of my reasoning for opting out, as I cant just give up when Ive had enough of people moaning about you/at you becuase no one will commit to anything or travel or do anything or something.

Id happily do it on a zero hours contract style thing, but i doubt they want that! TBH if this application thing had never of come up I just planned to set up a regular meet every other month at a set location. See if that worked better than keep changing!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
You lot are reading way to much into this new area rep system. It's not going to more 'full on' this time round trust me. All we are asking is that any reps make an effort when the big shows come up to organise convoys etc (so pretty much the same as it's been for years tbh). The difference being that with this new system we will reward reps if they make an effort.

If you apply and get it and then don't like it you can stand down. We won't send the heavies round your house if you decide it's not for you.

You never know you may even find it to be a really good way of doing it. I honestly don't get where all the negativity is coming from.

We don't know what the budget would be as we haven't made a decision on that yet. It's no going to be enough to pay for trackdays or karting though. It's more likely to be an amount that might cover buying some stickers, paying for some food or something like that.

Like I say, no one will think any lesser of you if your decide to stand down if you don't like it.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

How do you mean a lot more full on?

One thing we are aiming for is to make it easier for reps and keeping then closer to home (if they want that) hence why we are going from 15 reps to potentially 38 reps.

At the end if the day I was a rep in Cornwall whilst working for the armed forces I know exactly how tight things can get and also how annoying organising meets that people don't turn up to (happened a lot in Cornwall lol) so don't go think we are going to be slave drivers in this situation as we have all been there done that.

At the end of the day this role is there for people who are passionate about what we do as a group and allow them to get within the foundations of the setup a bit and hopefully enjoy it even more :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The way it's all worded about helping out at events etc I think makes it look more of a job.

I guess we are looking for people with the same enthusiasm for the club as we have.

It's not a lot to expect an area rep to have some involvement in organising convoys to shows like CSS and Trax etc. most reps see that as part of the role anyway.

It's not like we're expecting reps to man the CS shop or make tea all day at these shows. Even if they can't make some of the shows it's not an issue.

But if they do want to make the effort to help out with convoys etc I don't see there being any issues with getting their tickets paid for or something like that.

We are not forcing anyone to apply lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I can't see how you guys are reading so much in to it. All it says is "We need reps who are willing to get involved by helping out at events like CSS, FCS, TRAX etc."

It doesn't say that all reps must attend all three shows and do an 8 hour day at whatever duty admin decide or they will be dismissed lol. It's simply stating what we hope for and need, it doesn't mandate or obligate anyone.

It's always been the case that we want reps promote and encourage attendance to our national events where possible, even if they can't attend all of them themselves, and nothing has changed there.

Our regional activities as a club are crucial, but even more so is when those groups of members come together at a national event. People are far more likely to come along to a national event if they have someone to hang around with that they know locally.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Do we get bitches if we become reps?
no, no you don't. If you want bitches, try the Audi forums :tongueout:

I would be an area rep for north devon, but its not on the list. I'm forever plastering cars with cliosport flyers! Am pretty useless at going to meets lately though (mind you, so where you Dan)! lol. Need I apply?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
no, no you don't. If you want bitches, try the Audi forums :tongueout:

I would be an area rep for north devon, but its not on the list. I'm forever plastering cars with cliosport flyers! Am pretty useless at going to meets lately though (mind you, so where you Dan)! lol. Need I apply?

What area listed is nearest you buddy?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If you'd be happy to organise meets a little nearer to where you live then stick an application in for Exeter and we can always amend the areas after. One of the questions on the form asks for your postcode so we can tinker with it later if needs be. Wouldn't expect you to be driving or hours on end to sort out meets that are no where near where you live.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm not sure if I'm honest mate. Dan is looking after that part of the world. Just stick in an application mate. It doesn't matter if you change your mind after but the closing date is Friday.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Are you able to share any more info on the 'reward for effort' idea you mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm interested to learn more but appreciate it might be just a notion at this stage, rather than a developed strategy.

Personally I'd like to apply but we already have a long-standing area rep and I don't want to stand against a friend. I'll just have to wait until he abdicates or is declared clinically insane.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Are you able to share any more info on the 'reward for effort' idea you mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm interested to learn more but appreciate it might be just a notion at this stage, rather than a developed strategy.

Personally I'd like to apply but we already have a long-standing area rep and I don't want to stand against a friend. I'll just have to wait until he abdicates or is declared clinically insane.

If your'e wanting to be a rep purely for the potential rewards then surely you're applying for the wrong reason?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This is a development strategy 100%

The reps will benefit from what we offer especially if they attend shows and events.

On top of that the normal free membership is still a benefit.

As for the application part and competing etc I would say apply because you can see there is an increase in the amount of reps in each area.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just apply ffs! lol

Just because you put an application in it doesn't tie you into any sort of contract.

If you decide after applying that you don't fancy it then it will be fine. If however you don't apply by Friday you won't have the choice.

It's not the apprentice!! Although Dan could pass for a young Alan Sugar [emoji1]

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
If your'e wanting to be a rep purely for the potential rewards then surely you're applying for the wrong reason?
Couldn't agree more, Rhys. From my point of view the two are completely unrelated, they just happened to appear in the same post.

I would one day like to be a rep as I <3 CS.

I'm interested in rewards because a significant part of my day job is rewarding thousands of people for strong performance in business.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
There is a difference between online activity and user volume and people who actually want to go to meets.

Imo if the rep creates attractive meets for the area that will bring more of the online only user out of their shell and if they enjoy it then they will continue to come after that and maybe invite others along that don't go to meets also?

At the end of the day CS has a lot of members in the northwest and we want them to enjoy what we have to offer as a club.

PH2 172
2 Reps for Essex,but not 1 for Herts,Beds & Bucks?
Sorry,Herts gets to share a Rep with London,which itself probably needs 4,NW,SW,SE & NE.
Any chance of adding HB&B so someone could apply for it?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
No mate the sub divisions will stay as they are for the time being.

If we see a need to take on more reps in those areas you suggested we may consider it at a later date.

Just to add, London certainly doesn't need 4 reps. Whoever gets Herts and London will easily be able to manage those areas on their own.

The Essex rep will no doubt chip in with any East London meets that take place like the cruise at Beckton at few weeks back.