ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Area Rep.

Anyone willing to take over the role? As let's me be honest I'm pretty poor at it & I seriously lack motivation.

This doesn't mean I won't attend meets I just feel someone else could do better.

This thread is basically me resigning, not that I ever got a blue name anyway ;)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
It's not the easiest thing to organise meets to please everyone is it?
Loads of people were interested in the Hunstanton meet, but then only a few have actually said they are going.

possibly interested in this although i'm hertfordshire,which is classed as east of england and apart from ace cafe meets,we seem to be lacking in this direction and being between jobs at the moment,i have a bit of spare time on my hands ;)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
There is a new system coming into place shortly so I don't think the admin team are changing reps at the moment. :)

It's not the easiest thing to organise meets to please everyone is it?
Loads of people were interested in the Hunstanton meet, but then only a few have actually said they are going.

Basically impossible to do so, trying to organise things has completely drawn any appeal out of the meets / shows for me.
Shame really,

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Basically impossible to do so, trying to organise things has completely drawn any appeal out of the meets / shows for me.
Shame really,
I feel the same and I've only organised three meets. If it wasn't for the small group that go to the P'boro meets, I wouldn't bother organising anything. It's a nightmare trying to find something to do all the time.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I'd like to go for the area rep, I enquired about it when Danny called it a day but I got there too late, I'd really enjoy doing it and I have enough free time to manage it.

C3 Picasso Beast
I'm happy to drive as you know but it's the others out my way who don't like too! Think the furthest meet I've been to is the Cambridge one and that was pretty crap because none of the locals bothered!

I'm not really interested because I've got other stuff to sort out in my life rather than Clio meets and I hibernate over winter so it would only be a spring/summer thing as far as I'm concerned!

As the Ring trip never happened this year I wouldn't mind doing an EoE trackday trip to North Wales but not many here now do track days...

Last edited:
  C3 Picasso Beast
It's OK if you know the people and if you don't you're prepared to make an effort to actually talk but if not yeah it would probably be pointless to most. I imagine a lot of people just join the forum to get knowledge of their new car and to actually meet other forum members in person would seem totally absurd which is fair enough!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Well after today, any one that takes on the roll of the EoE area rep role, has my respect. Definitely not something I'd take on.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
What happened? between breaking clios and organising s**t meets ive aged, last time I saw you I had the 350z IIRC. I now look about 40 lol

@AlexW it does work well lol
Two people turned up, although we missed scareyopa because he got caught in traffic, but we didn't know due to there being no signal.

It's alright for you, I've looked 40 for a long time!

I'm happy to drive as you know but it's the others out my way who don't like too! Think the furthest meet I've been to is the Cambridge one and that was pretty crap because none of the locals bothered!

I'm not really interested because I've got other stuff to sort out in my life rather than Clio meets and I hibernate over winter so it would only be a spring/summer thing as far as I'm concerned!

As the Ring trip never happened this year I wouldn't mind doing an EoE trackday trip to North Wales but not many here now do track days...

Yeah i agree with that and i know you do come down to them :) like i said we normally meet up and do something other than stand in a car park, like titing about on an airfield or going to eat and have a catch up, but not to everybodys taste. And yeah it may be a bit off meeting people from here, but some of my good mates ive met on here and see quite reguarly now so it can be good.

And in winter nobody wants to do anything outside lol

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I saw somewhere someone mentioned breaking the east up into groups, I think this is a good idea due to the fact a lot of the Norwich lot don't like travelling too far and many people think Norwich is too far away from them, which in quite a few cases is understandable

Many.
Truth is, theres no need to actually split the area. Just needs more people to sort out meets in their local area (so Norfolk, Bury/stow way and peterboro etc).

Splitting it up will just end up with dead area's, as people, like me willing to travel, will probably miss events, causing a futher lack of turnout.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Let me no if u lads are coming down to the southend meet so I can book us a table at the harvester :)