ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ariel Atom 300sc!!!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
Me and a m8 of mine decided this year we would do something a bit different for our birthdays and hire out a car but wanted something a bit different. Found a company called atomhire.co.uk and decided to hire one of their 300bhp Supercharged monsters for the day! The guy who sorted out the car, james, was so helpful and friendly and i cant praise the company enough, i would recommend it to anyone thinking of hiring an Atom.
Anyway, what can i say... the car was UNBELIEVABLE! i ridden quite a few quick bikes in my time and i would say this is pretty much on par! i wil guarentee you this will piss over anything on the road car wise, i have never, and doubt i will ever, drive anything this fast again. i cant begin to describe just how fekking fast this thing is!! after getting used to it for a bit and giving it some propper welly it was out of this world, and the cornering ability was just as rediculous at the sheer speed of the thing! anyone who has seen the top gear episode where Clarkson tests it and thinks he may be over doing it a bit let me tell u he isnt! its as easy drive slowly as it it fast and you just wont be able to get over just how fast it accellerates! Also the supercharger whine is soooo addictive!!
Only sour point of the day was that after an absolutely fantastic few hours of driving was a bolt sheard off the rear caliper mount causing the caliper to come loose and us to lose 90% of braking, so james arranged for us and the car to be picked up and gave us a voucher towards another day which means we can get the 300 out again!! in a way a bit of a bonus!!
Honestly guys if you like speed and want something a bit different then go hire an atom (unless u can afford one!). it gets more attention than anything ive ever ridden/driven and the company we hired it from really are fantastic and very professional. Neway heres some pics and a quick vid!!
th_05082011016.jpg

05082011157.jpg

05082011158.jpg

DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1541.jpg

DSCF1547.jpg

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Very jelous. Would love one of these but couldn't aford to have a second car costing that much. I just looked on atom hire and they won't have anyone under 25 hire them so that's me out.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
£500 for 0900 - 1800 and 150 miles is a lot of money though.

I'd probably use up the miles by dinner!

the guys who sorts out the hire is quite flexible with time tbh, we picked it up at 8 and said we could bring it back at 7-8. if u get 2 of u to do it it makes it a bit more feasable

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, like said its a lot of money, but for the day, for a special occasion its probably worth it

Just seen the deposits! That would put me off :(

apparetnly they havnt had many crashed, tink it was only 2, one bloke in the 160 had it out 20 mins and rang up to say he had crashed it on a roundabout and th other was on a trackday

Lionel Richie
ok so it was in the wet, but the ultima GTR, i ended up going backwards at 160mph (in a straight line) that's the most dangerous car i've driven!

so in order

ultima GTR
Murcielago (large dab of oppo on the A1M @ 120mph, caught it, stupid car!)
R500 - no explanation needed
radical (wheel spin on demand in the wet, birmingham to york, horrible)
Atom
V6 - cool

wouldnt mind havin a drive in an r500 or a radical just to see what they are like, prob wudnt b far off th atom. apparently the 245 atom isnt much slower than the 300 and the 160 will still do a 911 turbo! lol

Trophy #490
Are they strict on the mileage allowance? I think the price is quite reasonable if you're halving the cost with a mate. It's truly a life changing car to witness under full acceleration. I went in one for an afternoon not so long back and the attention it attracted was crazy, definitely a must have car if you can afford it.

http://joshtimlin.blogspot.com/2011/05/ariel-atom-300.html

definately m8, im starting saving already! and your right, the attention it gets is unreal, everywhere u go people ask about it, people u dont even know give u the thumbs up, anyone from 8yr old kids to 80yr old men! absolute quality! they r quite strict on the mileage alowance but £1 per mile extra is nothing if u split it between 2 of you, xtran 100 miles £50!

it really is something u shud consider doing, everyone we took out in it for a quick spin just laughed their heads off when u give it a foot full, the 1st time we did it after picking the car up me and my m8 looked at each other and started pissing ourselvs in awe of how mental the thing is!

BMW 118d
I drove one recently on a supercar experience but only got 3 laps so didn't get a chance to get used to it (which I think spoilt the enjoyment a bit) I bet you stayed in as much as possible, they are a bugger to get in and out of lol!

true! lol not the most practical of things but i woulnt let that put me off having one! looking forward to getting it out again!