ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arkapovic Exhaust System 197.

Fiesta ST-3
I'm in the market for a new exhaust for the 197.

I've been considering a K-tec as they are highly rated on 197.net but I'm thinking if I'm paying sub £500 for an exhaust, I may as well go the whole hog and get an Akrapovic system.

But the price tag... nigh on £1000. For a cat back system.

So my question is, what makes them worth such a high price tag over the K-tec system?

Scott.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The name!, but I would say the quality is a bit better too as i have never heard of an acro being poor or even getting sent back from what I know in the bike or car world.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There was a thread on akras a few months back. In it, someone mentioned tdf iirc have developed a good system and remap which give good/better gains than the akra at near half the price. May be worth looking into?I have the ktr, it's very subtle day to day but rasps and pops like a rally car when giving it beans :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive never heard of them until christopher was talking about one for his 200.

Anyone got any videos of them on a clio ?

Clio Sport 197
I have the Ktec on mine, I personally think the akra would be overkill at that cost. The 500 extra I'd rather put towards coilovers or something else. I think for quality they're meant to be the best.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I find a lot of sound comes from the Manifold these days. Just my opinion. Supersprint sounds good.

I really don't think the Akrapovic system is worth even £500 noise wise. Just sounds weak for the money.