ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arse in a white 200 - Edinburgh

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Saturday 22nd - Right up behind the car going through Blackhall, probably because we had L plates on, girlfriend was driving but in the same way I would.

Looked like a thug, right up at the window covered in tattoos. Slow down.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Na it wasn't Alan I think I would recognise you plus the 200 had black wheels

ST
Na it wasn't Alan I think I would recognise you plus the 200 had black wheels

You prob would mate, I don't tend to drive like a pellet, especially in built up areas and we've all been a learner driver at one point or another, my misses is also learning to drive too, it's frustrating when she panics of some toss gets too close in a 30 or on a duel carriageway.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
People who hassle learners are the lowest sort of scum on the roads. c***s.

Seriously, let's find someone who's inexperienced and in all probability scared shitless and make everything much worse for them by sitting up their jacksie. Piss boiler.

Well, I passed in december, and had a lotta these kinda drivers on my lessons, none on test days thankfully.

Now I've passed im glad to say I'm not one of them, I tend to give them a little more space, same with normal drives too if they look a little unsure, a few extra minutes stuck behind someone if they stall or are driving a little slower is hardly the end of the world, still much faster than getting busses everywhere.

Though I have to admit I had my first "tempted to race" moment today, some guy in a porsche convertible was next to me at traffic lights, as soon as they went green he shot ahead, put my foot down just so I could catch up and overtake him, took nearly 10 seconds just to catch up, but have to admit it was a fun feeling flying past him even if he was old (looked in his 50's)

Shortly after I'd overtook him he took different exit at the next roundabout than me, and we didn't break any speed limits, so was more just to say I overtook a porsche in a 1.2 clio lol.

But yeh, rode-rage leads to a lot of incidents, with me being pretty new I also pulled out slightly close to another car on the way home recently, held my hand up to apologise as I was in the wrong, guy keeped beeping his horn and getting right up my backside until I took a different turn to him. Would be nice if people were willing to understand that everyone makes mistakes, and as long as no-one is hurt then they should just relax, driving should be something you enjoy, its the people that get the road rage and tailgate thinking they'll get there faster that cause the biggest issues, as they dont learn and will continue to do the same until it's too late, at least I know my mistake and will wait for a bigger gap before merging next time.

Disastra Coupe
Tempted to race a Porsche in a 1.2 Clio? New one to me, that...

But yea, my mrs has just passed her test and we kept having problems with dickheads sitting bumper to bumper behind her. Some thoughtless pricks out there.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Well, I passed in december, and had a lotta these kinda drivers on my lessons, none on test days thankfully.

Now I've passed im glad to say I'm not one of them, I tend to give them a little more space, same with normal drives too if they look a little unsure, a few extra minutes stuck behind someone if they stall or are driving a little slower is hardly the end of the world, still much faster than getting busses everywhere.

Though I have to admit I had my first "tempted to race" moment today, some guy in a porsche convertible was next to me at traffic lights, as soon as they went green he shot ahead, put my foot down just so I could catch up and overtake him, took nearly 10 seconds just to catch up, but have to admit it was a fun feeling flying past him even if he was old (looked in his 50's)

Shortly after I'd overtook him he took different exit at the next roundabout than me, and we didn't break any speed limits, so was more just to say I overtook a porsche in a 1.2 clio lol.

But yeh, rode-rage leads to a lot of incidents, with me being pretty new I also pulled out slightly close to another car on the way home recently, held my hand up to apologise as I was in the wrong, guy keeped beeping his horn and getting right up my backside until I took a different turn to him. Would be nice if people were willing to understand that everyone makes mistakes, and as long as no-one is hurt then they should just relax, driving should be something you enjoy, its the people that get the road rage and tailgate thinking they'll get there faster that cause the biggest issues, as they dont learn and will continue to do the same until it's too late, at least I know my mistake and will wait for a bigger gap before merging next time.

You passed your test in December. You are still learning. Get the racing b****cks out of your head before you kill someone.

S4 Avant
You passed your test in December. You are still learning. Get the racing b****cks out of your head before you kill someone.

This.

I will also say, if you want to improve your understanding of how cars behave, get a few mates together and go karting. Good way of understanding oversteer and understeer.

yeh been gokarting, loved it, and the racing the porsche wasn't exactly a propper race, other guy wasn't exactly racing against me or he woulda been a blur in front of me, and at no time did any of us break speed limits or drive dangerously, it was mearly getting up a bit more speed to pass him, i felt n control of the car the whole time, it was only a 40 zone and he was doing about 35, me 40, so at no time was it too dangerous, I'd never risk my licence or anyone's life by speeding.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMSRu1t3XUPVo0GD9qlSUl-3e18EkEaBSFA5vL8iyyExzJrrgL.jpg
AKA