ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Artic blue 182 Project fast road...

After much thought and deliberation today i've decided to keep the clio for the time being, so a few pics of my soon to be "fast road" spec clio..reason i say fast road, is i dont think its going to be a true track bread vehicle but will certainly be used on a few track days..

Firstly when it was bought it was a standard 182 with both cup packs ( uprated renault suspension and a few other add on's aswell )
Anyway thats the boring stuff..

Bits all ready done..
Anthracite door bullets and silver lettering
ITG panel filter and CAF
Smoked side repeaters
Not alot but i've only had it two weeks :rolleyes:

Plans.
Eibach Sportline springs
Yozzasport full system
Yozzasport de-cat
Ferado DS2500 fast road pads
Moquip braided hoses
Brembo maxi discs
Sparco Rev buckets
4 point Luke Harnesses
RSTuner Remap (7.8k limit)
With that little bunch it should be about 185 - 190 bhp so quite potent.. Hopefully it wont take to long to happen..

Few pictures the only changes i had made from purchase to these pictures was side badges in anthracite and side repeaters "smoked" lightly

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2270.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

Next up i took a trip with my clio to castle combe performance action day, and had a wonderful time there out in the rain on track with budget tyres :|, this promptly made me see the need to upgrade the rear tyres but all in all i had a good day and it truly shown the clio's capabilities on track. :)

Few pictures from the track day

20080419_combe_203.jpg

Picture11.jpg

DSCF4011-vi.jpg

DSC_0376-vi.jpg

DSC_0237_01-vi.jpg

DSC_0262-vi.jpg

Hated the windom tints thought it made the clio look slightly chavy so they were removed next...

After this i had a quiet few months saving a few pennies, bought quite a few bits to keep the clio in tip top shape...

And here is the write up of the detail and pics of how it stands now fitted with sportlines and the new door badges id been working on

Door Badges
12062008049.jpg

So yesterdat took a trip up to Ilkeston to see Dave Mellor's to purchase some new sportline's and he also fitted them for me in just over an hour , Cheers Dave, drove home 40 miles and the ride seems very similar however there seem's to be alot less roll now , the springs will most likely settile slightly over the next few hundred miles but im very happy with the results so far
Due to my lack of pictures i decided to go all out on my car with my new preussure washer, foam, poor boys wax and other little new bits ive purchased.
Hopefully this write up wont bore you too much
Products used
AG pressure washer detergent
AG body shampoo through foam lance
chemical guys maxi sudds with sheepskin mitt
microfibre cloth to dry
AG clean wheels
AG super resin polish
Nattys Blue wax
Megiuars endurance tyre gel
Autosol metal polish
Probably missed a few bits but thats the basics
So started off buying weting the car and removing any loose dirt off the vehicle.
DSCN2384.jpg

Followed by AG detergent left to work its magic for a few minutes
DSCN2379.jpg

Once this was rinsed off i was left with a pretty decent shine and dirt free finish all ready, next was to apply the AG shampoo through the foam lance, great fun !
DSCN2382.jpg

Left to soak
DSCN2383.jpg

All rinsed again
DSCN2385.jpg

then gone over using sheepskin mitt and CG max sudds
DSCN2387.jpg

Then rinsed and dried using a large microfibre cloth, the sun wasnt doing me any favours nor the lack of space so had to go over a few bits again due to streaks etc.. Wheels were then treated with AG clean wheels and a microfibre sponge as there in decent condition anyway then rinsed and dried also..
Next i applied the AG super resin polish to the upper half of the car as it was only a quickie today :p then removed and applied Nattys blue wax ( lovely bubble gum smell ) :)
DSCN2394.jpg

DSCN2397.jpg

After this i applied Megs endurance gel to the black parts and went over the exhaust quickly aswell... no more picture's of the cleaning process but pictures of the finished article below

DSCN2398-1.jpg

DSCN2411.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2425.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2412-1.jpg

DSCN2432.jpg

DSCN24141.jpg

DSCN2433.jpg

DSCN2421.jpg

Any suggestions for improvements would be great :)
Cheers Rob.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
btw Dave if i ever get around to fitting a S/S exhaust to this car! ill be knocking on your door! saying heeeeeelp please ;)

I am a leg-end!.. cheers boys. If i can do owt to help i will.. line my pockets with beer tokens and im a happy bunny!

Bit of an update for the project thread

Went to curborough sprint track yesterday, took a few pictures and a video... was great fun :D, clio was also quicker than a type R, 106gti, and a rs2000 aswell so all in all a great day and the sportlines deffinetly helped ;)

The video ive tried my best to put together and it was all filmed on my N95 so im suprised at the quality, anyway let me know what you think, See you at FCS if your there :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynnSI0D83lE

And few picture's from the starting line :thumbs:

DSCN2447.jpg

Me and Arch enemy of the day :lol:
DSCN2440.jpg

RS2000 4x4
DSCN2444.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Looks like you did the same soaking track day at castle coombe as me in an identical car at the time - only my budget tyres were on the front! Understeer central after quarry, and struggling to break at the next chicane!

yeah, showed me the importance of having decent tyres, amazed at how good it is now after that trackday i was carrying about 10mph more through the first S than the 4x4 rs2000's cause they were having to let off etc

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
182's are good -only I've now changed wheels (to 15's) and it handles even better. Still got budgets on the front and good tyres on the back though. I'll never learn....lol

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
When I understeer into a tree of something no doubt. Coilovers got paid for instead of new front tyres - the 2nd hand alloys I bought had toyos on one set but crap on the other.