ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Artic Clio 182

Skoda fabia Vrs
Well this isn't really a project as such as no modding will really happen, Just update when things are changed etc

I had a Twingo 133 From new in 2009 and to be honest it was a good fun car but the problems with that car were terrible so it had to last week! Tried to sell the car private and had no luck (£7800) with cup pack n bluetooth on 19k so was fair priced but anyway traded it to a dealer and took what i was getting offered (£6700) with kerbed wheels and a key mark so that will do.

Off the same dealer that took my Twingo i took a Artic 182 he had for sale. Belts and dephaser done (got receipts) and got a bit off the car so that was me happy. Only mods so far a scorpion exhaust which sounds good but might get sold. Not decided yet

Artic blue
2004 (04)
59k miles
Both cup packs
Scorpion Rs192 exhaust. Might get sold!

Some pictures

3243402-2.jpg

3243402-4.jpg

3243402-5.jpg

3243402-6.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
  Skoda fabia Vrs
What's the best cosmestic mods to go for guys? Not interested in engine or suspension

Don't really know where to start!!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Some flat blade wipers bought. Make it a bit more modern lol

Anyone know how to fix a wonky exhaust? It's bugging me. New mounts sort it or I need cable ties or sockets jammed In there?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Nice upgrade from the twingo dude :) what problems was with the twingo??

And outside mods for freshening up usually newer Renault sport badge on the back, shorter aerial and some aero wiper blades as you have all the other things like cup splitter and so on already on it :)

Maybe go over the plastics with some stuff to bring the black back out to finish it off??

Skoda fabia Vrs
Nice upgrade from the twingo dude :) what problems was with the twingo??

And outside mods for freshening up usually newer Renault sport badge on the back, shorter aerial and some aero wiper blades as you have all the other things like cup splitter and so on already on it :)

Maybe go over the plastics with some stuff to bring the black back out to finish it off??

Cheers m8! Problems were endless to be honest and it was mostly the dealers that made me sell it as they are just ridiculous. Every problem you have you're a lier that's it.

Water pump at 5k
Balljoint at 11k - what a fight that was honestly.
Balljoint at 15k - they put a full arm on no hassle at all
Steering coloum - another haggle with RUK!!
Back calipers sticking - done back pads in through to the metal in 13k! Lol
Speakers cutting in and out when they pleased.

Sold it with 18k on the car after 2 years. Actually avoided using the car as I hated it lol

I've done the wipers and the splitter is not on the on car as the dealer that had it broke it. He's got a Skoda 1 for me to fit. A fancy the new badge but I'm not paying £30 for it lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
ahh right not a good experience with the twingo then i like them too :(

:S should ave got him to get a new cup splitter lol

hmm maybe be able to have a badge off a written off 197 then?? should be cheap i would think?

Skoda fabia Vrs
ahh right not a good experience with the twingo then i like them too :(

:S should ave got him to get a new cup splitter lol

hmm maybe be able to have a badge off a written off 197 then?? should be cheap i would think?

Nah I'm fine with that 1 tbh. He took £300 off the car when I bought it.

Aye I'll keep my eyes open for a badge lol. Watch the £££ as I've got a wee boy due on Xmas eve. Just trying to tidy it up a little.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Nah I'm fine with that 1 tbh. He took £300 off the car when I bought it.

Aye I'll keep my eyes open for a badge lol. Watch the £££ as I've got a wee boy due on Xmas eve. Just trying to tidy it up a little.

ahh right thats ok then :)
ye thats it just keep an eye out for a fron or side impact 197 then go and take the badge off :) if you go to a garage that dont know how much they go for then should a quick fiver and off you go :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks good mate, I recently brought myself one of these a few weeks ago in the same colour. They're brilliant cars! I would go for a newer Renault Sport badge and some silvatec indicator bulbs. I've got LED side lights and interior lights in mine to that are cheap but make a difference. :)

Skoda fabia Vrs
Aye I'll get new indicator bulbs when I get round to that mate.

Car is away today getting four new Yokohama s-drives fitted. Getting fitted for free which is good :) also getting back pads done on Sunday as the dealer I got it from sold it to me with through to the metal! Will upload a pic later

Also managed to fix the exhaust. Got new mounts and fitted them myself, those mounts bolts are tight!! Lol

Liquid Yellow R27
Aye I'll get new indicator bulbs when I get round to that mate.

Car is away today getting four new Yokohama s-drives fitted. Getting fitted for free which is good :) also getting back pads done on Sunday as the dealer I got it from sold it to me with through to the metal! Will upload a pic later

Also managed to fix the exhaust. Got new mounts and fitted them myself, those mounts bolts are tight!! Lol

Haha nice one dude. I have subscribed to this thread anyway, so will keep my eye on it :)

Arctic 182 FF
Nice car, like chapperz I bought one same car & colour just a few weeks ago. I also have the Scorpian RS192 exhaust and the tailpipes are hanging down slightly, looked at the mounts and the rubbers are shagged - will be replacing those soon! And fitted the Fabia splitter as mine didn't actually come with one. I'm guessing it was broken or sold before I bought it. Aeroblades and Silvertec indicator bulbs are the way forward!

Liquid Yellow R27
Nice car, like chapperz I bought one same car & colour just a few weeks ago. I also have the Scorpian RS192 exhaust and the tailpipes are hanging down slightly, looked at the mounts and the rubbers are shagged - will be replacing those soon! And fitted the Fabia splitter as mine didn't actually come with one. I'm guessing it was broken or sold before I bought it. Aeroblades and Silvertec indicator bulbs are the way forward!

Good shout dude! You got a progress thread? If so, PM me!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Well on the way home from getting my new tyres fitted (for free) know the manager of kwik-fit well :) the exhaust decided to collapse on the motorway so as he was on the way home he brung the car back to me and then I took it over to him today to get it sorted praying the cat wasn't knackered!! Turned out just separated before the cat and some new bolts some paste and a wee weld sorted it and he put a new mount on at the back to go with the 1 a replaced. All for free lovely!!

Liquid Yellow R27
Well on the way home from getting my new tyres fitted (for free) know the manager of kwik-fit well :) the exhaust decided to collapse on the motorway so as he was on the way home he brung the car back to me and then I took it over to him today to get it sorted praying the cat wasn't knackered!! Turned out just separated before the cat and some new bolts some paste and a wee weld sorted it and he put a new mount on at the back to go with the 1 a replaced. All for free lovely!!

That was lucky dude! Glad you got it all sorted. Especially for free ;) always good!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Back pads fitted on Sunday :) (friend done it) as I don't have the tools where am staying at the minute. Only took £10 so can't complain.

Mot on Friday, Will update!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Got a bit of a issue guys. What causes the steering to feel like its "jamming" when steering lock to lock? Also really light to the left but solid to the right. A mean solid guys. It's got a bit of play in a track rod ends that's it.

Steering wheel also sits to the left but drives ok on the straight. Been tracked last week.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Right a think a have found the problem. Could pull the drivers side spring out with my hand!! so snapped spring is the issue. Going in on tuesdat to get a new spring fitted and new track rod ends done.

Also does this look normal for a new aux belt? bearing in mind its been off under warranty by the dealer to get the aultinator replaced/refurbed whatever

see pic

6eb882c4.jpg

eaf7e426.jpg

Skoda fabia Vrs
Thanks for the replys guys lol. I'm clearly not popular.

Anyway car was mot'd yesterday. Slight play in a ball joint that's it!! All the repairs paid off lol. Going to order A new rear brake light for the cup spoiler as mine is not working.

Ill reply to you! :) I hate having a build thread that no one replies to for no apparent reason.

Car look great buddy, really good condition. I cant quite comment on the aux belt as im very new to clios but im sure someone will reply about it. Keep up the god work!