ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AS Tardis vs AF OblliTARate

172 cup
Been looking into geetting some tar + glue remover now what are peoples thoughts on these

AS Tardis - 5L container what do people put it in? i was thinking normal spray bottle with a chemical resistant sprayer, the reviews are really good for this and have been swaying this way.

AF ObliTARate - 500ML bottle looks a smart little bottle and will keep in line with my other AF products good reviews, how to people apply this? i was thinking find a sprayer that fits the bottle itself or do you have to poor into a sprayer bottle?

- how long will 500ml last is it worth the buck.

Cheers

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive used both. Their both as good as eachother I would say Tardis is a bit more powerful

1LTR of tardis on ebay for £7
Oblitarate is around £8-9 for 500 ml

172 cup
Ive used both. Their both as good as eachother I would say Tardis is a bit more powerful

1LTR of tardis on ebay for £7
Oblitarate is around £8-9 for 500 ml

cheers Kyle, i suppose 500ml of it will last ages anyway?

what do you use to apply, a normal spray bottle?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
cheers Kyle, i suppose 500ml of it will last ages anyway?

what do you use to apply, a normal spray bottle?

Yeah it will last ages bud. Ull have to buy a proper spray nozzle for it though as a normal one will simply just melt. Ill get you a link to what you need

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Yeah AF is good as i dont like the risk of tardis (watered down) and spray on tar leave for a min then sort of dab and twist off with a microfibre works every time for me and iv had my 500ml bottle for a year now only half empty or full however u wanna look at it lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Both are as good as the other. Autosmart products seem to be a bit more industrial, and have seen reports of Tardis staining trim but that might have been user error.

500ml will last quite some time, as youll only ever use it when you strip off old waxes to re apply. And likely only on the lower halves or wheels. Depends if you think you'll be using it on lots of cars as to whether to get 500ml or 5l?

What ever you do DO NOT buy Tardis decanted into cheap bottles selling it cheap on eBay! Their is a reason Tardis comes in metal containers. It's also illegal to post Tardis in anything than a suitable container. Also how do you know it's not been watered down as its clear?

172 cup
AF it is then i think as i will only be using it on my car

Also why i have you all here Ironx vs Iron out :)

Thanks guys

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I got 5 litres of AS tardis from my rep for £15 cash, paid £10 for 5 litres of G101 ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I use an old spray head from citrus power if you have one. It's not chemical resistant but is still working on my 3rd bottle

Car
As Is value for money but the sales reps are a bit snobbish and cuntish and don't go out their way to
help you

Golf GT & A4 Avant
IronX and Iron out are both pretty good, but iron out seems to be a bit thicker and doesn't run as quick as Ironx so it's more personal preference.

I like ironx for bodywork, iron out for wheels