ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Asda Mini Meet

255 V6 Black Gold
Good to meet ya today Daz! (as if you lot didnt know it was DarrenS been as it was an asda mini meet)

car looking good, love the gold 2.0 L badges....

Laters

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - you got back quick? Heavy right foot? ;)

Good to meet you too after seeing the Cup there so many times before. I'll have to get used to looking out for a Vee now!

Maybe a change of forum name is required too???

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i have pm'd daz a couple of times asking for name change?

Ah, it's in the pipeline then?

I know your car had a lot less miles on it than mine, but your black gold paintwork looked amazing. It must have been well looked after by the previous owner - either that - or it didn't get out much.

The one (unfortunate) thing about the BG Vees is when the stone chips start to appear, they really stand out from the fibre-glass on the front. It can't be helped though. You've got a cracking car - just enjoy it! :D

How are you feeling the shift from the Cup to the Vee? I take it that the Cup is far more forgiving than the Vee?

D.

255 V6 Black Gold
yeah its in pipeline, just going to change it to the same one i registered on v6clio.net, MickeyO

Thanks :) think the condition of it is due to both those reasons, he has looked after it very well but it has been garged up for the whole 2 years of its life.

yeah i aint looking forward to the stone chips, going to be a nightmare that but its all part of the v6 experience i suppose.

shifting from my cup, i am loving it, the short throw gears and the feel of the car is so much more solid than the cup, leather seats are top and so to air con etc, all things i missed on the cup. the cup i knew my limits when booting it and round corners, i have to get used to the vee before i start like that, but from what it feels like at the moment its limit is way above what i would be going near anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol Darren aSda strikes again!

U got shares there or something?

Hehehe! The Stalker strikes again, eh?!

To be fair, it was Mick that PM'd me first, so I'm not entirely to blame!

Anni - you would have missed me by about 10 minutes or so - those roadworks further down are causing a nightmare getting in, in the morning.... :(

D.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
hehe. what time are u normally there daz? i go to the gym nr queens park hospital every week day so i could make it so i pass at that time for a quick wave! :)

255 V6 Black Gold
yeah them road works near jjb are a nightmare during the morning rush hour

i go jjb in morning then turn back and go down 65 till junction 4 and then infront of ewood park.

at night when going gym i go up via queens park way past asda etc

and yeah it was me who pm'd darren saying to come down and i would show him the vee. mini meet meaning just me and darren, although i got spotted by someone on v6clio.net, pretty good to say i only had car since yesterday ha.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hehe. what time are u normally there daz? i go to the gym nr queens park hospital every week day so i could make it so i pass at that time for a quick wave! :)

It's a guaranteed drive past the hospital just after 12pm - especially if we have a Fat Basta*d Friday and head on over to Subway! :)

Mick - Jain was saying that black gold was really rare on the '55 plate? You certainly don't see many Vees anyway - either Mk1 or Mk2, but to have a rare year/colour combo too - bonus! :cool:

If you're ever over Bury way, let us know. You'll be able to hear the OMG on Jain's car - definitely loud! :)

D.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Are you terrorising the shoppers again Daz ? I've been in Blackpool all day otherwise i could have come down brought my mum again , lol ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Are you terrorising the shoppers again Daz ? I've been in Blackpool all day otherwise i could have come down brought my mum again , lol ;)

Nowt wrong with your mum, m8 - she was proper protecting your car. I can imagine if I had made an attempt to nick your car, it would have been me that would have come off the worst! ;)

D.

255 V6 Black Gold
yeah many people have said black gold on 55 plate is rare, so i am indeed lucky

yeah i will give you a shout on here if i am popping over bury way

theres a northwest meet on 12th aug at trafford centre Daz, get yaself along, topics in the local meeting area.