ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's Liquid Yellow 182

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Most of you guys will remember my previous car, the BG 182 which I bought completely standard and turned to Trophy spec.

Here is a pic and the build thread from here also: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ashers-bg-182.773952/

P1010686_zpsmjk3bk7a.jpg

I sold it last October, and have regretted it ever since. I have seen it pop up for sale a couple of times since (most recently this week actually), but I have not been quick enough in trying to buy it back, somebody else always gets there first.

So I set about looking for another 182, and bought a Liquid Yellow one about 5/6 weeks ago. Paint is pretty much mint (bar a couple of small stone chips on bonnet) and drives really nice. I bought it with the following modifications/extras:

Factory fitted Recaro seats (optional extra)
RS Tuner 98-RON Map
Cooksport springs
Cup packs retrofitted (including hubs etc as it was not originally equipped with all Cup packs)
Sat Nav (not seen another with this fitted)
Yozzasport exhaust
Powerflex bushes throughout
Black alcantara headlining (really like this)
Alcantara pillars, trim pieces and handbrake surround
Snappy steering wheel with yellow 12 'o' clock band
Snappy gear gaitor with yellow stitching
Dials and switches changed to blue LED's (really nice at night)
Extended heel and toe accelerator pedal (nice to use)
Inlet manifold and rocker cover painted in crackle black
SprayShack engine cover in Liquid Yellow
Minor exterior mods (3/4 front plate, new style RS rear badge)

Few pictures when I got it back home on the drive...

IMG_4049_zpsgarh4rjm.jpg

IMG_4047_zps1e7kztlt.jpg

IMG_4041_zpsojddcyqo.jpg

IMG_4040_zpsze3mwhzt.jpg

Haven't really taken too many pictures since, been too busy enjoying driving it!

In the first week of ownership, went to drive home from work one night and it wouldn't start. I feared the worst, but luckily it was just a dead battery, so a new one was fitted and everything was fine again.

The only problems I found in the first couple of weeks was a knock from the front somewhere, and three warning lights showing up most of the time (Traction control, Service, ABS). I had the car booked in with Mike at Rentech, and he fitted a new pair of good quality ball joints, sorted out the tracking, fitted a new brake pedal switch (this was faulty hence the warning lights being on) and re-gassed the air conditioning. Got it back and car drives good as new again so was very happy.

Whenever I went to put shopping in the back I had to hold the tailgate up with my head as the struts were not working at all. I had enough of looking like an idiot in the car park so ordered these...

IMG_3378_zps3hfp8ups.jpg

These are bonnet struts from a 1 Series BMW which are the exact same as the rear struts on a Trophy (I have a Trophy spoiler so needed the shorter Trophy/V6 struts). I now no longer have to balance the tailgate on my head! Result.

Decided the Yozzasport exhaust is a tad too loud for me as it is my daily car and I have a 30-40 min commute to and from work each day. Makes a lovely sound, but I wanted something quieter (as near to stock as possible), so ordered this...

IMG_4145_zpsfr4abmcf.jpg

A brand new Milltek resonated system (with central silencer). Also bought new genuine rear mounts, centre hanger, manifold to cat fitting kit and cat to centre section clamp. Car is booked in with Rentech to have this all fitted at the end of next week. I took a while to decide on which system to opt for, and given I wanted something as OEM sounding as possible without costing too much, I went for the Milltek.

Random picture of it having it's first proper clean...

IMG_4122_zpsjqyd6csd.jpg

And the latest picture I have of it sat on my driveway last weekend after a good clean...

IMG_4134_zpsrdxn50ai.jpg

That is it so far!

I don't plan on going to the level that I did with my Black Gold as it would cost too much to do it all again, but I will slowly be doing a few things to the LY whilst keeping it very near to OEM as with all my cars, hence putting this project thread up just so I can document the progress.

Ash

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks lovely. I drove past your house the other day (not stalking, promise) and it looked just as good as in the pics.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Thanks guys.

Hearing the Milltek on your R32 basically made up my mind for me in the end Stef!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Did you buy this off tonkatruck?

If it's the one I'm thinking of he genuinely spared no expense on this car during his ownership.

I bet you'll be over the moon with this :D

I was eyeing it up when @Tommy_C had it many moons back

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Did you buy this off tonkatruck?

If it's the one I'm thinking of he genuinely spared no expense on this car during his ownership.

I bet you'll be over the moon with this :smiley:

I was eyeing it up when @Tommy_C had it many moons back

I did buy it from Tonka yes, and I am very happy with it. Drives very well indeed.

Before selling it he was running Trophy Sachs on it, along with Speedline 2118's, Whiteline Rear ARB etc etc so yes I don't think any expense has been spared! He also used to leave it stored in a garage during winter months too.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Very nice car this.

I've got the Whiteline ARB off of this on mine now :wink:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Perfect mate :up::up:
Nothing else needed to be done ( apart from more pics (engine bay ?)

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Just a small update.

Had the Milltek exhaust fitted by Mike at Rentech. Very happy with it, much quieter than the Yozza and the sound is just a tad sportier than stock which is exactly what I wanted.

Picture of it during fitting/aligning...

IMG_4149_zpsg0jluc6x.jpg

And all fitted and tightened up...

IMG_4152_zpslhypqmhx.jpg

IMG_4154_zpssibcxivr.jpg

Whilst having the exhaust fitted, I also discovered it has Powerflex bushes for the dog bone mount which was a nice surprise as I didn't realise it had these and was something I would have done at some point in the future anyway.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see a pic of the engine bay, so I took one today...

IMG_4160_zpsqztgqwmn.jpg

And finally I tried to get a picture at night to show the blue LED dash conversion and Sat Nav. This is the best picture I could get, gives you a good idea...

IMG_4146_zpsiak7cgss.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Does your satnav still work with the upgraded headunit? Had read pretty much everywhere that wasn't the case as the sound goes through your headunit from the satnav? Lovely car though, engine bay looks amazing.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Only a small update.

Bought a few little bits over the last week just for a bit of a freshen up, consisting of:

Boot mat
Genuine Renault mats
Bosch aero front wipers
Genuine Renault rear wiper
Genuine Renault number plate lens with new LED bulb
Mist washer jets
Osram Diadem indicator bulbs for front and back
Osram Nightbreaker H7 (main beam) and 501 Cool Blue (sidelight) bulbs to match Xenons

Pictures of said parts...

IMG_4176_zpsoarawixc.jpg

IMG_4167_zpspmni2vkw.jpg

IMG_4169_zpslxd9habx.jpg

Got all this stuff fitted this weekend, but I will take pictures when I clean the car next weekend (car is currently filthy!).

My car has been invited to be on display at the Goodwood Breakfast Club next weekend (Hot Hatch Sunday is the theme), so I will be giving it a good clean next Saturday in preparation for this.

I decided to give the interior a good clean this weekend though, including taking out rear seats to be able to hoover properly. I used my favourite interior cleaning product, Poorboys Natural Look Dressing, and everything came up brilliantly.

Here are a few pictures to show how it came up, and how it looks with the new boot mat and new Renault mats (really smartened up the interior). I also took a picture of how the black alcantara headlining looks as I have not put a picture up of this yet.

IMG_4190_zpspzdfizon.jpg

IMG_4192_zpsrmi7g8bw.jpg

IMG_4193_zps8jfqfet2.jpg

IMG_4194_zpsbd53iity.jpg

IMG_4195_zpsyrtpjihp.jpg

IMG_4200_zpsxgxs2cpx.jpg

That's it for now. Next weekend will be an exterior clean to get it looking good for Goodwood!

Clio 172
Such a nice car mate! The LYs don't come up often eh. Great buy, one of the nicest I've seen with all the mods.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
  Clio 172
@Paris 182 these are the mats I got... http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-2-carpet-mat-set/

The ones @DJR1210 have put up are the genuine 'Renault Sport' ones. Mine are genuine Renault but not 'Sport'. Only reason I went for them is I don't like the silver outside trim on the Sport ones (personal preference) and they are a lot cheaper at £18.84 for a set which I think is a bargain!

Yep I'm with you on that one, I've got an Iceburg 172 so the silver trim luckily was perfect for me! The quality of them is so good eh. £18 cheaper too, definitely a bargain! ;)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
@Paris 182 these are the mats I got... http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-2-carpet-mat-set/

The ones @DJR1210 have put up are the genuine 'Renault Sport' ones. Mine are genuine Renault but not 'Sport'. Only reason I went for them is I don't like the silver outside trim on the Sport ones (personal preference) and they are a lot cheaper at £18.84 for a set which I think is a bargain!
Got these mats myself and they are fantastic! Great quality and provide a pleasant OEM look
d79a76ad18f26637b67ec35e68b79ba0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Latest update then...

Firstly, a good friend of mine has a mint Trophy which he is soon to be putting up for sale. He had his Turini's refurbished in a dark anthracite a little while ago, and since he is now selling his Trophy, he bought another set of freshly refurbished Trophy Turini's in the OEM colour with PS3's all round last week to help the sale, so he offered his other ones to me. I of course immediately said I would have them!

My standard 182 alloys had two PS3's on the front with not much tread, and two recently brand new Eagle F1 GSD3's on the back. So I ordered two brand new Eagle F1's, had these fitted onto the Turini's, and had the other two Eagle F1's swapped from my 182 alloys to the Turini's. This meant I ended up with a set of mint Turini's with basically 4 brand new Eagle F1 tyres.

Before collecting the Turini's, I ordered a set of TPI Polarised Wheel Bolts to be fitted at the same time...

IMG_4201_zpsketdii4d.jpg

I also got a new pair of bullets from Simon at SprayShack. Big thanks to @Simon@SprayShack for the super quick turn around on these! ...

IMG_4206_zpsanmop7eg.jpg

So yesterday I drove up to Swindon to collect the Turini's and have them fitted. Teaser photo...

IMG_4211_zps2hcpvd53.jpg

Then I spent the rest of yesterday cleaning the old girl ready for Goodwood Breakfast Club meet this morning. Here are some pictures from today, which include some before the show heading up to Goodwood, some of the car at Goodwood, and some from when I stopped off at the top of Portsdown Hill on my way home.

It was a really good morning at Goodwood (although it was cold!), and it was good to see so many other Clio Sport's out for the morning!

P1010782_zpsnrlq072k.jpg

P1010785_zpsynpj4gsm.jpg

IMG_4220_zpstvmf0jo8.jpg

IMG_4222_zpsqxz79wcy.jpg

IMG_4221_zpsiplyrnr3.jpg

P1010797_zps5bctqwon.jpg

P1010799_zpsj1xq1iqf.jpg

P1010801_zpslfpifsdo.jpg

P1010795_zpsfiz1jfeo.jpg

IMG_4226_zpsffsdwfso.jpg

IMG_4224_zpsyewrglb8.jpg

P1010821_zpssetcoswd.jpg

P1010822_zpsx5hnwvml.jpg

P1010831_zpsblk56jbz.jpg

To say I am happy with how she is currently looking is an understatement! Only thing I am currently wanting to change is the front grille for a new one, mine is a bit discoloured, but aside from that I am over the moon with the Clio.

All for now.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looked lovely on the motorway this morning mate. You left that turn off to Shell a bit late though ha!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Looked lovely on the motorway this morning mate. You left that turn off to Shell a bit late though ha!

Thanks mate, yours was looking good too. Yes well I was travelling up with the two guys in the silver Celica (my dad and bro) and they hadn't warned me they were turning off to that Shell so when I went past that lorry following them, I suddenly realised they were going into Shell! I wasn't best pleased with them!

Never see this today, went to that car park last

Love this car

Pretty sure I saw you a couple of times walking around with a couple of other guys, you looked over my way twice but don't think you noticed me (probably my sunglasses). I went to call your name but both times you turned away and walked in a different direction before I had the chance to haha!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure I saw you a couple of times walking around with a couple of other guys, you looked over my way twice but don't think you noticed me (probably my sunglasses). I went to call your name but both times you turned away and walked in a different direction before I had the chance to haha!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Oh sorry mate, was bloody freezing, should of come over and say hi

They are a friendly bunch :blush: