ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's Liquid Yellow 182

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Damn thats bloody perfect now. Those 2 shots of it in the bus lane show ly in a way not often seen and show that it doesn't need brilliant sunshine to look damn awesome. Jammy bugger I'm well jealous.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Looks bloody lovely that. And I've ordered a boot mat too as mine's horrid - thanks for the link.

That looks awesome, great work so far making a good car even better! As mentioned above, I agree the bus lane photos are really cool as they show what a colour LY is :cool:

Interesting you went for the Milltek as that's exactly what I ordered for my 182 too, I too wanted a more oem exhaust, however mine was almost too quiet so bought the K-Tec induction kit to give it a bit more noise. The two together sounds great now!

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Why have I not seen this... damn I miss it! I loved it on Turini's...

16137002753_5970090cda_c.jpg

@ClioDS @Tommy_C

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Was parked just a bit behind you! this was very much the best condition 182 at the show! Properly immaculate, loved the attention to detail!

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That is lovely, only thing I'd do, other than the front grille as you've mentioned, is to get some spacers.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Nothing major to update, but bought a Renault/Elf genuine oil top up kit to put in the boot. It has a velcro back to keep it in place, just a nice little touch!

That's it!

IMG_4315_zpsiiqlzodg.jpg

That's not sad at all bud, I did exactly the same thing in my old Mk4 25th Anni Golf GTi, proper oil in the zip up VW bag Velcro'd to the side............ think I might get one for the clio too now ha!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Nothing major to update on, but my OMP wheel and Momo boss kit arrived this week...

IMG_4326_zpsl1cvufn3.jpg

IMG_4328_zpsk4outla3.jpg

And then I managed to get round to fitting it today...

IMG_4366_zps2opgphc0.jpg

Looks better than it does in the pic. And has completely transformed the way the car drives/feels! Changing the wheel is something I always recommend to anybody, great mod, but equally a Snappy re-trim does look more OEM. I'm very happy with my suede OMP!

Where did you get the Momo boss kit? Having a bit of trouble getting one!

Looks really good though, are you getting a custom bracket with buttons to retain the cruise control functions etc?

E46 M3, Clio 182
Looks lovely mate... you came past me the other evening on the M27, I was driving the GF's car though, so you wouldn't of recognised.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Nice looking wheel, what size did you go for?

Went for 330mm, perfect size in my opinion.

Where did you get the Momo boss kit? Having a bit of trouble getting one!

Looks really good though, are you getting a custom bracket with buttons to retain the cruise control functions etc?

I got mine from Opie Oils... http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-91949-momo-racing-hub-boss-kit-mk7218r-renault-clio-clio-rs-twingo.aspx

With the ClioSport discount (10%) comes to about £63 which is a good price.

Nope I am not bothering with the cruise control functions, I never use it anyway so doesn't bother me.

Looks lovely mate... you came past me the other evening on the M27, I was driving the GF's car though, so you wouldn't of recognised.

Thanks mate, and I definitely wouldn't have seen you if you weren't in the 182 or the M3!

Good to hear that about the 330mm as that's the size of wheel I have gone for!

As for the boss, yep, that's one of the companies i've emailed already and it's out of stock (even thought I notice it says in stock on your link!!) Just waiting to hear if they can get one. BUT.... that said, nice one with the discount, didn't know about that!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Good to hear that about the 330mm as that's the size of wheel I have gone for!

As for the boss, yep, that's one of the companies i've emailed already and it's out of stock (even thought I notice it says in stock on your link!!) Just waiting to hear if they can get one. BUT.... that said, nice one with the discount, didn't know about that!

You'll be happy with the 330mm.

If you have no luck with Opie, then you could always get it from this place instead, comes to just under £63 with delivery so an even better price...

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=326362;car=renaultclio

Cheers for that :up: I've actually found one at a company called Merlin Motorsport based at Castle Combe so fingers crossed I have one and it's actually in stock. Failing that, the link above is my back up plan :cool:

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Had it's MOT today.

New set of rear brake pads were fitted (they were low).

Also got my new genuine lower arms fitted at the same time...

IMG_4642_zpshgqnldzm.jpg

Now has an MOT until 12 April 2018, no advisories!

Sad news is the car is for sale. Just accepted an offer for a new job which I start in April, and comes with a company car due to the travelling involved.

Unfortunately means LY has to go since I have nowhere to keep it, which I am absolutely gutted about. Ad will be up tonight.