ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ASP and SQL Search

Right basically created a database in access, which is then displayed in a asp webpage. On this page I need a link called "search" then a page is displayed where the user will be shown a page with a drop down menu, a text field and a submit button.

From the drop down list then they can select various options such as "cd title, genre, price" ... then the text field next to it they type in what they are searching for within that category click submit and hey presto the relevant results are displayed in a table on a new page.

Ive been trying lots of ways to do this... ive got a lot of code done it just isnt bringing up the results. I was wondering if anyone was on msn who could spare 10 minutes of there time and I could send them my work for them too look at and talk me through where im going wrong.

(Cliosport technical helpline basically)

Cheers in advance!

Daz

Clio SI
hi so is there a problem with your syntx are u writing in c# if so i may be able to help ,
what you need to do is get there information that they have typed into the box and have selected and use this syntax

Select * from table_name where tag_field Like '%" + typeField.ToString() + "%'"

this is a very simple version if you want any help PM me

dan