ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assassin's Creed II

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
94% average so far, righting the wrongs and repetitiveness of the first one, and expanding the single player campaign by around 25 hours.

Comes out on the 20th (next Friday).

Yet another must buy game :dapprove:

I've spent far too much on games over the past two months, but this looks brilliant from the reviews and trailers.

Integra Type-R DC2
Isnt that what Christmas is for? Just drop a hint with a family member and let the 25th roll on.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
It might even be £25 come release day at supermarkets... Seems to be a current trend atm :D. Also there isn't going to be a playable demo for either console :(!.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I didnt finish the first as it was tooo long, extra 25hours is just MAD, this just has to wait untill christmas

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
The games available in the run up to christmas this year have been more appealing to me than other years (possibly not paying as much attention in previous years).

It's starting to be very expensive. Bought FIFA 10, GTA, Halo3 O.D.S.T., Forza 3, Borderlands and COD 6 in the last few months.

I am not getting time to play on them all ATM, so might just ask for assassins creed II for christmas. Liked the first one and i'm sure i'll like the second one.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Can't wait for this! :D

Although the first game wasn't perfect, it was massive fun! :)

Will have to juggle time between this and MW2 :eek:

182 FF Inferno
Nope, don't think I can sneak this one in.

Recently got Batman: Arkham Asylum, Forza 3, and COD:MW2. Also got the small thing of a solicitors bill and a house deposit to pay in the nxt 4 weeks!!!

Be interested to hear how it is though. Really like the first but as has been said, got very samey.

Golf R/Leon FR
will probably rent from lovefilm

just got MW2, Uncharted 2, Pro Evo 10 this week so lots of gaming to do lol

Titanium 182
I need it, I totally loved the original, holy crusades and the holy land really float my boat tbh!

Soo many games atm forza 3, mw2, left for dead 2, dragon age, this.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I didn't buy the original. I was put off by the "repetitive" wandering around doing nothing.

This one at least changes that.

Titanium 182
It was repetetive but the fun was in varying it up yourself and changing how you did it :rasp: I liked it.

Motorbikes
Problem with the first one was you never really "assassinated" anyone as such, you got to your target and you had to break cover to get to them, then you had to fight them aswell as 10 other guys. Nothing like the trailer IMO.

Will still put this on my Xmas wishlist for my girlfriend though!

57 Clio Campus Sport
It's very long, I've been playing it for nearly 9 hours now and I'm only on DNA Sequence 7 of 14, and 38% synchronisation

Problem with the first one was you never really "assassinated" anyone as such, you got to your target and you had to break cover to get to them, then you had to fight them aswell as 10 other guys. Nothing like the trailer IMO.

Bang on that mate!

As this been addressed for the new one?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes. There's far more to do now, including some really cool assassinations, apparently.

E87 118d M Sport
guna get this for xmas i think. i need to dedicate more time to COD before i even contemplate a new game.

The first one needed to be more real , as said above you got to your target and you HAD to break cover and end up hacking and slashing away.

Need more stealth , get to near your target do you

A ) break cover and take down the lot of them
B ) Stealth kill a gaurd and change into their clobber to get in close enough to do a finishing move

C ) Kill a cook , change into his gear and poision the target
D ) Wait till night and creep in the window when the target is sleeping.
ECT

Only A) seemed to be a option in the first game.......i sacked it after about 6 kills.....

1.8 Civic EX
loved the first (got 1000/1000 gamerscore on it).

I didn't realy notice the repetativness tbh as said before it is what you make it. If you run around doing the same actions etc all the time then it will be repetative. To a certain extent it's no more "repetative" than say (this will upset some people lol) COD, on COD all you do is run about shooting people. It's the atmosphere that makes it....

anyway, I will be getting this but I've not pre ordered as I've got a fair few games that need trading in...

dk

911 GTS Cab
I didn't buy the original. I was put off by the "repetitive" wandering around doing nothing.

This one at least changes that.
because driving a car around the same set of tracks umpteen times isn't repetitive is it;)

57 Clio Campus Sport
The first one needed to be more real , as said above you got to your target and you HAD to break cover and end up hacking and slashing away.

Need more stealth , get to near your target do you

A ) break cover and take down the lot of them
B ) Stealth kill a gaurd and change into their clobber to get in close enough to do a finishing move

C ) Kill a cook , change into his gear and poision the target
D ) Wait till night and creep in the window when the target is sleeping.
ECT

Only A) seemed to be a option in the first game.......i sacked it after about 6 kills.....

Still mainly option A, theres no changing into gear, at least I haven't come across it, and no option D, they are always just wondering about

It is a great game and those scores are deserved. TBH there is not a whole lot of difference between the first one and the second one, more weapons and activities but mainly running up walls and killing people all the time. Think I am going to take a break and come back to it, try left 4 dead 2 out or more gta bogt/forza.

I think if it is someones first AC then they will enjoy it, but if you played AC1 then you may not be astounded by the changes

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
because driving a car around the same set of tracks umpteen times isn't repetitive is it;)

Different cars, different AI, different outcomes. Saying that, I don't play Forza that much now, anyway... GTA took over. Then Football Manager. Then MW2. Now Assassins Creed 2.