ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST 2010 details.

The boys at AST have built a lovely little detail into the 2010 RS kits that gets around the whole issue of bolt spacing so common on the clios, I really appreciate details like this so I thought I'd pop a pic up:

AST%201.jpg

Gorgeous pair of cam type steel inserts that simply rotate in a recessed slot to provide the desired bolt spacing and camber. Level above the re-drilled holes I have seen on a few kits :dead:

RB 182
Any more details on this kit? Find it hard that people have never used this idea before, reminds me of the old rocker washers I had on my inline skates lol.

If you've already got ASTs you will have to have the recessed points milled into them, as the new kits have enlarged holes & a recess for the shims to sit into.

clio 182
Wat is the cost of these? I'm going to be looking for a new setup for 2011 and ast's are on the list

Can you have them built to your needs or are they built in certain styles like road/track/competition

clio 182
Wat is the cost of these? I'm going to be looking for a new setup for 2011 and ast's are on the list

Can you have them built to your needs or are they built in certain styles like road/track/competition

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sorry to hijack slightly but I'm looking at buying a second hand set of ast's. Are they any good or are there any others that would be recommended over these.

They seem to be the only brand that use coilovers at all 4 corners. Does this have any advantages?

Exactly, they can be built to any spec of your choice, they are our top line coilovers of choice primarily due to their flexibility.

You can either spec your own spring rates (if you know what you doing) of define if they are for road / road & occasional track use / track use / hill climb use / rally use etc. The oils & valving are also adjusted accordingly.

Track setup as in track use only? A 100nm spring setup or around that would be ideal (IIRC the numbers correctly) however you would NOT want that if you ever use the car on the road!

172 cup, Impreza P1
The only road use would be to and from the track. Would 45nm on the front and 30nm on the rear be too soft for track use?

Can the springs be changed and how much would I be looking at?

It's not a new thing for 2010, the Ast's i bought over 12 months ago had the machined parts fitted.

The spring rates will depend on your preferences, Curtis spec'd mine originally for a loose rear end (the car's) where as i prefered a more stable rear, so the rear spring rate was reduced. i also took advise from several experienced Suspension developers.

To be honest unless you know what your doing and exactly what effect differing spring rates can have, your better of sticking to tried and tested spring rates.

172 cup, Impreza P1
What are the tried and tested spring rates?

Also, does AST suspension require more maintenance than other types of coilovers?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Absolutely stunning piece of kit.

New job will allow for a sneaky purchase of some of these. (if the gf asks, they were £100 ;) )

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Is the sportline 2 a 4200 with the 22mm shaft or is it a hybrid 5100 without the external resevoir?